PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 21-3A Dist. Track Results

southern_thunder
04-17-2003, 11:41 AM
Would like to see these results if anyone knew where to find them. The Beaumont Emptyprise did give any results and they are not posted on texastrack.com.

Old Cardinal
04-18-2003, 09:33 PM
Thunder: here are the results in 21-3A track..1st Hanshire-Fannett 149 2nd Anahuac 125 3rd Bridge City 115....As you know, most of the speedters are playing baseball in Bridge City, Hardin-Jefferson, and Orangefield. One interesting item; in the 100 m dash, Bridge City's fullback next year Michael "The Moose" Gauthier,a Junior, came in first(11:32), followed by Senior fullback, Alex Sauceda(11:45), Orangefield. In third was H-F's, fullback(11:49, Cedric Larnete...Gauthier might have won the District sprint, but is not a fast a BC's Jon Landry a big strong Sophomore football player that played defense. Landry will be a running back next season... Gauthier was the understudy for Matt Peebles and played a lot of defense....Track is not as big a deal down here, Cross Country State Championship is the convented goal in 21-3A: Anahuac and Bridge City are well represented in these sports.

exbccards76'smom
04-19-2003, 05:50 AM
Old Cardinal,

I see from the PA News story that Cody Sparks pulled off a upset victory in the 110 yd hurdles. Way to go Cody!! This young man was one of the few bright spots on the BC basketball team this year. wink

<small>[ April 19, 2003, 05:50 AM: Message edited by: exbccards76'smom ]</small>

Old Cardinal
04-19-2003, 03:19 PM
Yes 76's Mom, I read that with interest too. When a freshman wins the 110 m hurdles and also a Freshman (Aaron Brannen) wins two other races, you know it's just a matter of time. I was impressed when in, the 7th and 8th grade District track meet the Bridge City Boys and Girls won all 4 Championships! A lot of our HS speed kids are tied up with the two District Championship teams, in Softball and Baseball. Coach Cody Knight is doing a great job with the Jr. Hi. and also with the Cross Country team. I like the fact that in Jr Hi, they let the girls tied up with year round Select team softball come out and compete-boy did they ever show that they were in shape!

southern_thunder
04-21-2003, 07:46 AM
Thanks Old Card, but I was really looking for a listing of at least the top 2 in each event.