PDA

View Full Version : To any Graduated Football Players

NHSRattler60
08-08-2005, 05:10 PM
What do you miss about football season for your HS?

shellman54
08-08-2005, 05:12 PM
everything.

Gobbla2001
08-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Miss being part of a team... 5,000 things are connected to that...

District303aPastPlayer
08-08-2005, 05:19 PM
laying a great earth shattering hit into someone

gobblerfan02
08-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Miss the simple pleasure of having one of the best times of your life!

slpybear the bullfan
08-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Its been 15 yrs since the slpybear strapped 'em on... I miss the team, the smells, the hits... but most of all I miss having my life revolve around something so fun as football. The big real world isn't even close to being as much fun as those days... like fridays with pep rally's, wearing your jersey all day, easy classes, girls to flirt with, going out to eat around town, laying in the lockerroom in the dark with music, suiting up and going out in front of those friday night lights.

ENJOY EVERY MINUTE LIKE IT IS YOUR LAST, because before you know it, it is.

Take care all you HS players. Be safe,

JettJenkins04
08-08-2005, 10:16 PM
I could'nt have put it any better. Football was great, I've only been out of school for a year. But I would do anything to have one more shot of strapping up with them boys from the SWAMP.

mustang04
08-08-2005, 11:00 PM
i miss eveything, the 2-a-days, the game days, the games, the road trips, the playoffs, the practicing then going home for thanksgiving dinner....i miss every single second:(

big daddy russ
08-09-2005, 12:32 AM
The fact that you went through four or five weeks of hell for the first three hours of fun. Made you appreciate the games that much more.

NHSRattler60
08-09-2005, 01:23 AM
Man SLPYBear, I couldn't put it better. I miss Brule, I miss helping someone get in the endzone. I miss the battles against people Like Donovan King. I miss practices and work outs (my poor almost out of shape body does too). But I miss the "Friday Night Lights" no matter how dim they were.

If any of those seniors out there read this, from Navasota or otherwise, live it up boys. Lay it all on the feild and love every minute of it.

CRHSeagle
08-09-2005, 01:58 AM
I miss the lights, the fight song being played after a long drive, I miss the in huddle chats during practice, I miss watchin film during lunch, I miss saturday morning workouts after a win, I miss pregame meals, I miss tackling stations, I miss talkin to the trainers during special teams, I miss pep rallys, I miss homecoming games, I miss reading the paper Sat. mornings about the previous nights games, I miss getting award stickers the Thurs. before games, I miss the pre-game music, I miss the fog machines and lights in our tunnel before we ran onto the field, I miss wearing my jersey to school on game days, I miss the soreness after a long game, I miss the road trips to away games, I miss not being able to sleep on Thursdays nights, I miss rivalry games cough Lake Worth cough, I miss that feelin you get in the pit of ur stomach before a big game, I miss hearing the alma mater after games, I miss pre game prayer, I miss just being part of a team.....:(

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-09-2005, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Its been 15 yrs since the slpybear strapped 'em on... I miss the team, the smells, the hits... but most of all I miss having my life revolve around something so fun as football. The big real world isn't even close to being as much fun as those days... like fridays with pep rally's, wearing your jersey all day, easy classes, girls to flirt with, going out to eat around town, laying in the lockerroom in the dark with music, suiting up and going out in front of those friday night lights.

ENJOY EVERY MINUTE LIKE IT IS YOUR LAST, because before you know it, it is.

Take care all you HS players. Be safe, couldnt have said it better myself.

lobo12
08-09-2005, 10:15 AM
how long do you have...i miss pep rallys, hearing the fight song being played, remembering what it felt like to strap on the pads, the feeling you get seconds before walking onto the field, saturday morning workouts and film sessions, goin up there with a couple of guys on sundays watchin film of the next weeks opponents, being a part of a team in general, being in the training room at 6 am on gamedays not being able to stand the wait, not doing anything at school on fridays, and the most important of course...the feeling of what it was like when you just laid a perfect hit on someone...

i guess in general i miss everything just to name a few, it was a blast while it lasted and i wish i hadnt taken it for granted thinking it wouldnt end...its over before you know it, and its easier realizing that its over and you cant do anything about it, but what makes it special is the memories you have of all those things that you do miss

IHStangFan
08-09-2005, 10:54 AM
the atmosphere that it brings to the entire town.

BrahmaMom
08-09-2005, 11:03 AM
WOW--you guys made ME miss it, and I was just a Mom. You do belong to the whole town. You will never be more loved in your whole life by so many people. I love the whole season, till the last play of the last game. Then, I miss it till the next year. Players who are still out there: have fun, be safe, and know you are making memories to last a lifetime!

sicem74
08-09-2005, 11:08 AM
man is it that bad?

CRHSeagle
08-09-2005, 11:11 AM
yes

Rabbit'93
08-09-2005, 11:19 AM
I miss every single aspect. Good and bad. You will never know how much you miss being part of something until you're no longer part of it. Most of all I miss the emotions that you have playing the game. The feeling that you're 10' tall & bulletproof, when those lights come on. The feeling that you put the entire town on your shoulders and you are the defender of everything thats good about your town.

Funny thing about it is...those that have never played probably will never understand the obssesion. If I could only play one more down.:(

lobo12
08-09-2005, 11:31 AM
nicely said, its not as much one single aspect as it is all together you miss everything, and your exactly right about the people that havent played....even if there is something you didnt like doing you will still miss it...very well put rabbit

Ranger05
08-09-2005, 11:36 AM
i miss everything i just wish i hadnt gotten hurt so i could have gotten to play my sr. year

Bandera YaYa
08-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
WOW--you guys made ME miss it, and I was just a Mom. You do belong to the whole town. You will never be more loved in your whole life by so many people. I love the whole season, till the last play of the last game. Then, I miss it till the next year. Players who are still out there: have fun, be safe, and know you are making memories to last a lifetime! Awwwwwww.....that was well put, BrahmaMom......I know I have life long "sons" from my daughter's class, who never fail to come say hi to me when they are back in town...I know they appreciated the support they got...(or maybe they're just looking for another home cooked meal??????? )

Enjoy this time kids, because you will miss it once it's over..... :D

AggieBob
08-09-2005, 10:39 PM
I do nothing but miss every aspect of highschool football and regret never doing EVERYTHING i could to make myself the best i could. 7 years of football i never thought would end...then one day they just stop...you cant have it back. Few go on to play college ball, a dream we all have, but the majority of us never get to suit up agian after that last game. Football was life, it was what i ate, what i drempt about, where my family was, it was my everything...ill never get that back again. To those of you still playing, don't rush the seasons or hate the practices. Cherish everyone of 'em and give it your all everytime you get to play the game...I wish i would have. Most of you will never get this game back, all you will be left with is a memory and some scars...so give it all you got while you have the chance.

How many guys now shed tears when watching any sort of high school football movie?

lobo12
08-09-2005, 10:52 PM
i dont shed tears but i get flashbacks of every high school football memory i have good and bad, theres nothing like it...what i wouldnt give to strap it one on more time and go through just a practice...remember guys enjoy practice too because its still getting to play the game, its hard to go back and watch your team play...the worst thing is having regrets so do everything you can because it will b over, i still remember my first day of 7th grade practice and thought i would be playing forever...remember we dont have that luxury

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by sicem74
man is it that bad?

It's actually worse. :(

MARLINDOGS
08-10-2005, 07:58 AM
I think anyone that played football has to miss the game.I know when i go to the games on friday night it brings back alot of memories.

BrahmaMom
08-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Just seeing the players out at 2-a-days gets me fired up to see some football! It must be tough to hang up the pads for the last time!

Supertilley
08-11-2005, 01:56 PM
There is nothing like scoring on 96 yard sweep, on a friday night against your rival school to take the lead. One of the greatest feeling in my life. I still get goose bumps when I think about it, 5 years later.

sicem74
08-11-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It's actually worse. :(
dang

bevo
08-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Slpybear and all others have pretty much nailed it to a tee! I myself…it’s been 23 years since I last strapped on my hat and pads too. I’ll never forget those days (whether passing for a TD or intercepting and running it back for a TD) far as long as I live. The coaches and my friends will forever reside within me. I have met “FRIENDS” throughout the years that were my foes on Friday nights. We all…that whoever had the opportunity to play the game wishes we could go back in time to play just one more time. I guess time puts everything in perspective though. But I enjoy reminiscing every time I come on this site with all of you. Young and old, it too is special in a lot of ways.

We all miss pretty much everything that Slpybear stated and much more. To sum it up Texas High School Football is in a lot of ways the envy of most other States even until today. If you don’t think so, just venture out in this great Nation and talk to a few other of the folks. I work with a lot of friends from all over the Nation/World and some have stated that they had wished that they could have played on or against a team from Texas.

…last but not least, I miss those of my friends and coaches that have passed on through this life, with leaving an everlasting memory within me and I’m sure some have among you too. Thanks guys, gals, moderators and administrator for a class site to visit from time to time and day by day.

GreenMonster
08-11-2005, 09:56 PM
I miss the first hint of fall, when it starts cooling down a bit.