PDA

View Full Version : Palestine should be strong in several sports this year!

Old Cardinal
08-08-2005, 03:33 PM
I have watched the speculation on big winners and I would hazard that the Palestine Wildcats are better than most people think.
I think they are going to be a force to recond with in both football and baseball. That football team is honing their skills against some good 4As and their baseball team will be a true darkhorse this next season.
In baseball they graduated only 4 Seniors and will have Pitchers-- John Gold(Senior) plus Cory Moore & Chad Cox back as Junior Pitchers. Palestine and also Rusk HS under Coach Wayne Mahaffey will represent that area of the state real well.

IHStangFan
08-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks,

I was wondering about Palestine myself.

gobbler84
08-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Palestine always has good athletes. Who ever thinks they won't do good this year must be high on somethin!

texasjeremy
08-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Was there a single sport that they didn't at least make the playoffs in last year? None come to mind, off the top of my head. It was a big year for Palestine, D1 state semifinalist in football, and a state title in boys golf (in dominating fashion). Palestine should repeat in golf this coming year, that team that dominated 3A, I believe only lost 1 player, but he is easily replaced, even the Palestine "B" team went to regionals last year.

Sandman
08-08-2005, 07:24 PM
I dont think they made it in softball or soccer.