PDA

View Full Version : Region III Rankings

shellman54
08-08-2005, 02:10 PM
...as per me. Don't like them, make your own.

1. West Orange- Stark
2. Jasper
3. Marlin
4. Barbers Hill
5. Cameron Yoe
6. Bellville
7. Silsbee
8. Kirbyville
9. Rockdale
10. Huffman

Old Tiger
08-08-2005, 02:19 PM
I like them! :D

jet sweep
08-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
...as per me. Don't like them, make your own.

1. West Orange- Stark
2. Jasper
3. Marlin
4. Barbers Hill
5. Cameron Yoe
6. Bellville
7. Silsbee
8. Kirbyville
9. Rockdale
10. Huffman

Why rank WO-S #1. Are you basing it on their name or do you know their level of talent this year?? Everyone was picking them #1 last year and they were a mediocre team...losing 3 games and round one of the playoffs.

big daddy russ
08-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by jet sweep
Why rank WO-S #1. Are you basing it on their name or do you know their level of talent this year?? Everyone was picking them #1 last year and they were a mediocre team...losing 3 games and round one of the playoffs.
I don't know if I'd call them mediocre. Look at the three losses and then get back to me.

...and an early exit from the playoffs doesn't mean that they were a bad team. Back in 2000, Forney was knocked out in the second round. But they were also one of only two teams to give eventual champ Everman a scare. With WO-S it may have been a fluke loss or it may have just been a great team that they lost to (was it Huffman??). Whatever the case, I've talked to tons of people who said that the Mustangs had tons of talent on both sides of the ball.

fairfield_06
08-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Theres no way Rockdale is in the top 10 and Fairfield isn't.

jet sweep
08-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I don't know if I'd call them mediocre. Look at the three losses and then get back to me.

...and an early exit from the playoffs doesn't mean that they were a bad team. Back in 2000, Forney was knocked out in the second round. But they were also one of only two teams to give eventual champ Everman a scare. With WO-S it may have been a fluke loss or it may have just been a great team that they lost to (was it Huffman??). Whatever the case, I've talked to tons of people who said that the Mustangs had tons of talent on both sides of the ball.

Never said they were a BAD team. My point is that WO-S gets alot of pre season recognition based on years past. They are still a powerful program, but too many people throw them into the #1 spot without much thought.

shellman54
08-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by fairfield_06

Tell me what Fairfield has that Rockdale doesn't.

shellman54
08-08-2005, 03:36 PM

Their talent. This is a preseason poll, not a end of year, look back and second guess on what i thought poll. I think I just confused myself there. Anyway, WO-S has the talent, and their losses were to a) the 3A state runner-up, b) a very talented 4A team, and c) an up and coming 3A team. They have the talent to make a lot of noise.

WOS92
08-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Not that I think we should necessarily be #1, but I would like to address the "mediocre team" comment. Our three losses were to the #2 3A team (Jasper) and the then-#1 4A team (Bay City), plus the less-understandable loss to Huffman in the first round. Plenty of "top" teams lost to teams that they shouldn't have last year (Jasper/Kirbyville). Our losses were by a combined 20 points, including 17 to Bay City. We also beat Nederland, who has been a contender in 4A for the last decade or so.
I don't think we were a "great" team last year, but certainly better than mediocre.

gobbler84
08-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Tell me what Fairfield has that Rockdale doesn't.

2 F's in their name

texasjeremy
08-08-2005, 03:46 PM

Don't worry, Palestine isn't in there either and they are a team that is absolutly loaded, returning 25 letermen from a team that went 11-3 and was a D1 state semifinalist (losing a heartbreaker to Cuero) last season. Not to mention, the transfers coming in, one was Palestine Westwoods all-everything runningback last season.

fairfield_06
08-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
2 F's in their name
We will see when we scrimmage them. Thanks for the input since you know nothing about either team.

wos fan1
08-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Never said they were a BAD team. My point is that WO-S gets alot of pre season recognition based on years past. They are still a powerful program, but too many people throw them into the #1 spot without much thought. This year's team is a little different, much better skill players this year. Also, a full offseason under our DC from the 80's and 90's who is back. It's just a matter of time;)

GS#17
08-08-2005, 07:50 PM
I understand the question -- WOS hasn't proven anything in 3A, at least not enough to have back-to-back preseason R3 #1 picks in most people's eyes. My feeling is mutual. WOS had a good team last year, but not great, and a lot of people have to question what they have this year that they didn't have last year that will make them take it to the next level this year.

As a WOS fan, I don't know if they will take it to that level. They should be a Region 3 contender, but there are some questions they'll have to answer before I would put them that high. They do have plenty of talent and speed, though, and a much better defense. I believe they have some potential and will be improved from last year; however, this is a fairly strong region. There are a lot of very talented teams here that have recently proven their worth, have a lot coming back, and could easily sport the R3 #1 preseason pick.

West22
08-08-2005, 08:29 PM
I know that this site is dominated by coastal teams, however you need to take note of Marlin.They can play with any of the teams that are rated higher .You might as well realize they will be around a long time in the playoffs.

sicem74
08-08-2005, 08:56 PM
lol man that sux its ok prove em wrong!

shellman54
08-08-2005, 08:57 PM
We will see when we scrimmage them. Thanks for the input since you know nothing about either team.

And apparently you know nothing about any other team but Fairfield. Take the time to read the second line of my original post, then let the field do the talking.

[QUOTE]I know that this site is dominated by coastal teams, however you need to take note of Marlin.They can play with any of the teams that are rated higher .You might as well realize they will be around a long time in the playoffs.

Higher than third? You are complaining because I have them third? Jeez, it is an opinionated poll. For once, I would like to see one non-homer complain about some team other than his own not being high enough..........

West22
08-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Ido not live in MARLIN .I just get tired of no respect for the good central Tx teams.

shellman54
08-08-2005, 09:04 PM
REVISED Region III Poll

1. Marlin
2. - 10. Doesn't matter

Better?

Gobbla2001
08-08-2005, 09:10 PM
I dunno what these other teams have, but I was shocked not to see Palestine on the list...

My only other comment would be:

Heartbreaker? When has a 10 point loss been defined as a heartbreaker in sports?

sicem74
08-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by West22
Ido not live in MARLIN .I just get tired of no respect for the good central Tx teams.
that is true wos is over rated butt what do i know!

WOS92
08-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Obviously you know everything. :rolleyes:

jet sweep
08-09-2005, 07:42 AM
WO-S did not win a playoff game in 98, 99, 01,02,03,04, but they somehow get picked #1 in every preseason poll.

RBARKER
08-09-2005, 07:58 AM
REVISED Region III Poll

1. Marlin
2. - 10. Doesn't matter

Better?

Can you make a poll with Barbers Hill #1 ? I don't think I have ever seen one :D

YBS
08-09-2005, 08:22 AM
WOS is a great team with a wonderful tradition. You could pick any # of teams to be #1 in Region III even after WOS v. Jasper and STILL be wrong. I just can't wait until 8/26 @ 7:30p at the Boneyard!

shellman54
08-09-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Can you make a poll with Barbers Hill #1 ? I don't think I have ever seen one :D

1. Barbers Hill
2. Marlin (just in case)
3. WOS/Jasper/Palestine/Fairfield/Rockdale/181 other 3A teams

texasjeremy
08-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I dunno what these other teams have, but I was shocked not to see Palestine on the list...

My only other comment would be:

Heartbreaker? When has a 10 point loss been defined as a heartbreaker in sports?

Palestine moved the ball on Cuero at will, but costly turnovers were the difference in the game. 2 INTs run back for TDs and then at the end Palestine had all the momentum and looked like they were going to win it, fumbled a punt return, allowing Cuero to punch in a late TD.

RBARKER
08-09-2005, 10:20 AM
1. Barbers Hill
2. Marlin (just in case)

Sweet !!! Were number one. Were number one. Were number one. Reg III is going down :D

Old Tiger
08-09-2005, 10:25 AM
lol...rbarker

sicem74
08-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Sweet !!! Were number one. Were number one. Were number one. Reg III is going down :D
lol

IHStangFan
08-09-2005, 11:22 AM
WO-S did not win a playoff game in 98, 99, 01,02,03,04, but they somehow get picked #1 in every preseason poll. sounds like the college polls every pre-season when it comes to Florida schools and SEC teams....and lets not forget Notre Dame :rolleyes:

dutchman
08-09-2005, 11:24 AM
1. Barbers Hill
2. Marlin (just in case)

You know i have tried to stay out of this, but enough is enough. No one from Marlin has said anything about this, these comments are from people in the Central Texas area. I could care less whether Marlin is ranked or not. Ranking during December is the only thing that matters. This is the third post I have seen people that are not from Marlin and probably know less about Marlin trying to defend or run the team down. If you all want to have someone to run down pick your own teams and have at it.

MARLINDOGS
08-09-2005, 01:05 PM
I dont know why all of the complaining.He just made a poll.And personal i wouldnt want to be picked number 1.Are for that matter ranked.Because when you are ranked everyone is out to prove you wrong.

spiveyrat
08-09-2005, 01:17 PM
I think this is the year the WOS naysayers will come to appreciate what we've been saying. I think it all comes together this year: talent, speed, coaching, and something to prove. They may not go all the way, but I think we'll hear their name well into the playoffs.

jet sweep
08-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I think this is the year the WOS naysayers will come to appreciate what we've been saying. I think it all comes together this year: talent, speed, coaching, and something to prove. They may not go all the way, but I think we'll hear their name well into the playoffs.

I wouldn't consider myself and WOS naysayer............just give them some room to move up the polls as the years goes on....seems each year they have no where to go but down always being preseason #1.

WOS1
08-09-2005, 08:07 PM
WO-S did not win a playoff game in 98, 99, 01,02,03,04, but they somehow get picked #1 in every preseason poll.

I'll start this reply by stating that I do not feel like we should be ranked number 1 either. Aside from that, it's amazing how you left out the 00 season where we went to the state championship in division II...

BHBrave08
08-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Looks good to me shellman.

2futurecard'smom
08-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Awwwww, Rbarker, and I was hoping someone would pick Bridge City in that #1 spot but dangit I can't find them anywhere! #@!$$!@$$%$

shellman54
08-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by 2futurecard'smom
Awwwww, Rbarker, and I was hoping someone would pick Bridge City in that #1 spot but dangit I can't find them anywhere! #@!$$!@$$%$

Wait, hold on a sec.

1. Bridge City
2. Insert name here

:)

shellman54
08-09-2005, 10:55 PM
I would be more than happy to make any other team a poll, for a nominal fee....... :D

44INAROW
08-09-2005, 11:24 PM

Life will be long and hard on you if you don't get a freaking sense of humor!

fairfield_06
08-10-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Life will be long and hard on you if you don't get a freaking sense of humor! You dont even know me so please don't judge.

shellman54
08-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Whoa hoss. You're mad at me, let's leave it at that, leave 44 out of this. She is a respectable person on this board, which many people will attest to.

CHS-playa06
08-10-2005, 09:27 AM
I think it's kind of funny how Caldwell is ranked # 11 in the state but we're not in the top 10 in our region. hmmm makes since!

shellman54
08-10-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by CHS-playa06
I think it's kind of funny how Caldwell is ranked # 11 in the state but we're not in the top 10 in our region. hmmm makes since!

Again, this is an opinionated poll.

Disclaimer: This is a poll that I, a single person, compiled. It does not include the thoughts or opinions of any other person. This poll is not psychic, weighted, and will not get you a date on Saturday night. Any team not on the poll, or lower than they think you should be, will be congratulated by me on proving me wrong.

Thank you

caldwellguard62
08-10-2005, 10:59 AM
How do you figure Rockdale is in the Top 10 they lost both of their stars on defense and didnt have anybody else really. And they lost thier quarterback doesnt make sense

Old Tiger
08-10-2005, 11:58 AM
You Caldwell people put to much emphasis on these polls. Just read them and have fun with them, they don't mean nothing ;)

rockdale80
08-10-2005, 12:39 PM
http://www.johnsonsbaby.com/images/products/sm_babyshampoo_honey.gif

No More Tears....
This is for you Fairfield_06, and caldwellguard.

:D :D

CHS-playa06
08-10-2005, 01:48 PM
ya gaurd I aint worried bout it we know how its gunna be in district 19 let them talk on here we'll show them out there!!!

rockdale80
08-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by CHS-playa06
ya gaurd I aint worried bout it we know how its gunna be in district 19 let them talk on here we'll show them out there!!!

No one said anything about Rockdale. You guys are just all pissy over an opinion poll of one person. And based on your last post I would say you are a hypocrite. :rolleyes:

sicem74
08-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
No one said anything about Rockdale. You guys are just all pissy over an opinion poll of one person. And based on your last post I would say you are a hypocrite. :rolleyes:
caldwell people take em like its the end of the world just prove em wrong thats al you gottaa do dont complain.

2futurecard'smom
08-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Thanks Shellman! I feel better now just seeing it in black and white! BC #1 whoooooo hooooooooo, come on Friday nights!
:) ;)

Old Tiger
08-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
caldwell people take em like its the end of the world just prove em wrong thats al you gottaa do dont complain. That's right Charles

bigbass
08-10-2005, 08:59 PM
hey i would like 2 say a few things about wos and marlin. 1 wos got beat at home by jasper last year.jsper fumbled the ball 12 times.4 times inside wos 10 yard line never they nevered scored.this beasley kid every1 talking about over at wos.he has a ruid awakening come august 26 at jasper.and marlin they talked about this kid called tank last year.all world or something .we nocked the tracks off of him we beat marlin 32-14.u better look 4 jasper this year dave campbell has no idea what he is doing.he has 4 starters each way back he is very mistakened.qb moye was just a sophmore last year he rushed 4 over 1700yrds26 tds threw 1200yds 14 tds.and dave has hime ''will take over at qb''.what the hek is that.we lost 2 recievers2 backs1 lineman.if i can count we have six on offense.and only 1 defensive player.ive been watching football along time at jasper we will be in the finnals.and marlin they are just another block in the road.i would like 2 meet cuero.

dutchman
08-10-2005, 09:12 PM
sounds good to me bassman. now back it up on the field. hope to see you again in the playoffs.

GS#17
08-10-2005, 09:46 PM
BigBass, it's interesting that you fail to mention the turnovers were equal - 5 apiece between WOS and Jasper -- and one of the WOS turnovers resulted in a Jasper TD. It was a very poorly played game on both sides of the ball for both teams and I doubt you'll find anyone saying that was the best WOS or Jasper outing of the year. Either way, it's hard to follow your logic when you try to apply what happened in one game last year to the potential of certain teams this year (I also find it interesting that you put so much stake in certain outcomes, but completely ignore your home losses to PNG, Silsbee, and K'ville).

It should be an interesting game in Week 0. Hopefully, a few questions will be answered at that time.

wos fan1
08-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
BigBass, it's interesting that you fail to mention the turnovers were equal - 5 apiece between WOS and Jasper -- and one of the WOS turnovers resulted in a Jasper TD. It was a very poorly played game on both sides of the ball for both teams and I doubt you'll find anyone saying that was the best WOS or Jasper outing of the year. Either way, it's hard to follow your logic when you try to apply what happened in one game last year to the potential of certain teams this year (I also find it interesting that you put so much stake in certain outcomes, but completely ignore your home losses to PNG, Silsbee, and K'ville).

It should be an interesting game in Week 0. Hopefully, a few questions will be answered at that time. No Kidding!

GUNHO
08-11-2005, 07:48 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bigbass
[B.this beasley kid every1 talking about over at wos.he has a ruid awakening come august 26 at jasper.
Oh, I think he is awake and understands games like wo-s/jasper but I bet he makes the trip anyway.:rolleyes:

spiveyrat
08-11-2005, 08:06 AM
I expect we'll see two pretty "rusty" teams again this year. You're never as good in your first game as you are in your last. I'm hoping for a Jasper win, but I think it will all come down to turnovers. Whoever holds on to the ball best wins!

MARLINDOGS
08-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Good luck big bass.:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

GUNHO
08-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I expect we'll see two pretty "rusty" teams again this year. You're never as good in your first game as you are in your last. I'm hoping for a Jasper win, but I think it will all come down to turnovers. Whoever holds on to the ball best wins!

I'll have to agree with that ( except the jasper win thingy :D ) spiveyrat.I remember a wo-s/jasper game at wo-s when jasper was on our goal line with just seconds left but plenty of time to make the go ahead score and the victory.But guess what,your'er right,jasper turned it over and wo-s ran out the clock.Just another classic wo-s/jasper game and there is no reason to think the next one will be any different

sicem74
08-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
That's right Charles sic em