PDA

View Full Version : Region 4??? District 30-3A in particular.....and others??

IHStangFan
08-08-2005, 12:27 PM
How are we looking down there this year?? What's the latest on Ingleside, Aransas Pass, Sinton, etc? who's got what/who returning?? Does AP still have Tringali? fine athelete/QB, just needs an O-line....if he had one, he'd be dangerous. How bout Sinton's stable of RBs?? whos the go-to man this year? Ingleside....did they ever decide on a QB to replace Webb?? whats the scoop fellas and gals???

thanks.

Phil C
08-08-2005, 12:32 PM
It is tough especially for Sinton. We must have the toughest district in the state. Aransas Pass will be extremely dangerous because they got a dynamic new coach that has had success there. Ingleside will be dangereous since they their outstanding young coaching staff is there and will have their act together. Goliad was a playoff team last year and are extremely dangerous. Mathis is well Mathis always powerful and lurking. Plus Sinton plays Mathis in Mathis which increases the risk. And all this after Sinton plays the toughest regular season schedule in the state! Oh goodness me!

Gobbla2001
08-08-2005, 12:37 PM
I think that Region 4 will be pretty darn tough this year... Wimberly and Liberty Hill out of 27 will make it tough... West Columbia and maybe even Wharton will make it tough out of 25... Whoever dominates 30-3A will be tough...

Gunna be a big battle in Region 4 this year... looking forward to it...

IHStangFan
08-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I think that Region 4 will be pretty darn tough this year... Wimberly and Liberty Hill out of 27 will make it tough... West Columbia and maybe even Wharton will make it tough out of 25... Whoever dominates 30-3A will be tough...

Gunna be a big battle in Region 4 this year... looking forward to it... well, the dominant team in 30 is and has been for years now...Sinton. it is up for grabs though who the second dominant team will be. If AP can get their act together, they will be dangerous, they have some impressive atheletes, just need some coaching.

AP Panther Fan
08-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
How are we looking down there this year?? What's the latest on Ingleside, Aransas Pass, Sinton, etc? who's got what/who returning?? Does AP still have Tringali? fine athelete/QB, just needs an O-line....if he had one, he'd be dangerous. How bout Sinton's stable of RBs?? whos the go-to man this year? Ingleside....did they ever decide on a QB to replace Webb?? whats the scoop fellas and gals???

thanks.

Hey B! Good to hear from you!

I am thinking Michael will get the starting spot and his offensive line should be much stronger this year. Everyone seems to have a tremendous amount of respect for Coach Larsen, so I am hoping for positive results.

We will be scrimmaging Beeville next Saturday and it will be my first opportunity to see the guys in action other than 7 on 7...... Speaking of which, I did get to see Ingleside during 7 on 7 and they have some really good speed this year. They played impressively. I think you will see Brandon Stacy at QB...and probably Zach Adams piling up the yardage. Could be some fairly interesting district play this year :thinking: :D

Ranger354
08-08-2005, 12:56 PM
I heard from a friend who lives in Mathis that said they don't have anything. Not even a QB, but you know as well as I do they play tough.

We will see how good Sinton is when they play Cuero and GP. If we can survive those two games without getting anyone hurt we should be ok.

Who do we have in the backfield besides Josh Ring?

We need to throw more and stretch those defenses..........

IHStangFan
08-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Thanks guys!! (and gal ;) )

Brandon at QB huh? I like him as a RB MUCH better......was just never impressed w/ his throwing ability, seemed to always rush his passes. I had heard something about another kid who was a good pocket passer. Adams will for sure rack up the yds if they do in fact have someone to get him the ball. As far as AP, i'm glad to hear that. tell Mike i said good luck and give em hell.

Sounds like Sinton has one heckova schedule this year.....again, LOL.

AP Panther Fan
08-08-2005, 01:21 PM
[B]Brandon at QB huh?[B]

I might be wrong about that ... I did see someone else in that position as well. It is just too darn hard to watch 7 on 7 with four teams on the field at a time.:nerd:

IHS....what are you doing in Arizona and EXACTLY how are you going to be able to watch Texas High School Football?;) :D
This must be excrutiatingly painful for you!:eek: :eek: :eek:

IHStangFan
08-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I might be wrong about that ... I did see someone else in that position as well. It is just too darn hard to watch 7 on 7 with four teams on the field at a time.:nerd:

IHS....what are you doing in Arizona and EXACTLY how are you going to be able to watch Texas High School Football?;) :D
This must be excrutiatingly painful for you!:eek: :eek: :eek: Arizona? well...it was a job that brought me here of course. i love the area, and am fast becoming a proud Arizonian, but, i will always be a big Texas HS football fan. I figure i can find a game or two broadcast over the internet, usually can find like Gonzales and whatnot. Other than that, the DL will have to be my outlet.

AP Panther Fan
08-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Arizona? well...it was a job that brought me here of course. i love the area, and am fast becoming a proud Arizonian, but, i will always be a big Texas HS football fan. I figure i can find a game or two broadcast over the internet, usually can find like Gonzales and whatnot. Other than that, the DL will have to be my outlet.

We will certainly try to keep you posted! ;)

and of course there is the Progress, the Index, the Herald, and the Caller-Times that are only a click away since they even have the internet out there....LOL:cool:

I'm sure it is a beautiful place. :)

IHStangFan
08-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
We will certainly try to keep you posted! ;)

and of course there is the Progress, the Index, the Herald, and the Caller-Times that are only a click away since they even have the internet out there....LOL:cool:

I'm sure it is a beautiful place. :) yeah, but the Caller, especially.....never covers Ingleside, its always Calallen or King or some crap....teams i really dont care to read about. i'm more concerned w/ 30-3A....which...normally get the shaft in the local papers unless its Sinton playing GP or something. :mad:

pirate4state
08-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
I heard from a friend who lives in Mathis that said they don't have anything. Not even a QB, but you know as well as I do they play tough.

We will see how good Sinton is when they play Cuero and GP. If we can survive those two games without getting anyone hurt we should be ok.

Who do we have in the backfield besides Josh Ring?

We need to throw more and stretch those defenses.......... Backfield possibilities: Amdon Castillo, Daniel Arredondo and Zach Collins (in addition to Ring). There maybe someone I'm leaving out. :thinking: Who besides Burk will we have out there to receive??

The defense is scary!! :eek: :D Can't wait. They may keep us in a few games. :eek:

AP Panther Fan
08-08-2005, 01:41 PM
You're right, they don't give us much love for the most part...:D

The local papers do a pretty good job, so I will keep my eyes open for articles that might interest you.

IHStangFan
08-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Backfield possibilities: Amdon Castillo, Daniel Arredondo and Zach Collins (in addition to Ring). There maybe someone I'm leaving out. :thinking: Who besides Burk will we have out there to receive??

The defense is scary!! :eek: :D Can't wait. They may keep us in a few games. :eek: i have to agree....seems that Mathis is always a lingering, looming threat. you just never know w/ them reguardless of who or what they have on the field. they always tend to play Sinton and Ingleside particularly hard.

District303aPastPlayer
08-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Backfield possibilities: Amdon Castillo, Daniel Arredondo and Zach Collins (in addition to Ring). There maybe someone I'm leaving out. :thinking: Who besides Burk will we have out there to receive??

The defense is scary!! :eek: :D Can't wait. They may keep us in a few games. :eek:

look for the backs to be big in reception yards..

IHStangFan
08-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
look for the backs to be big in reception yards.. so they have a reliable QB to get the ball to them?

pirate4state
08-08-2005, 01:48 PM
look for the backs to be big in reception yards.. :( I know...hard to adjust after losing someone like Travis.

IHStangFan
08-08-2005, 01:50 PM
:( I know...hard to adjust after losing someone like Travis. I assume youre talking about Sinton's Franco? what was the scoop on him anyway? he playing ball anywhere? that kid was amazing.

District303aPastPlayer
08-08-2005, 01:51 PM
:( I know...hard to adjust after losing someone like Travis.

its possible... we recovered after losing Jones and Hughes...
Charles and Ruiz
now Franco

We have one of the best systems in South Texas... sorta like Tech, just plug and play :)

District303aPastPlayer
08-08-2005, 01:53 PM
I assume youre talking about Sinton's Franco? what was the scoop on him anyway? he playing ball anywhere? that kid was amazing.

He is the second leading poducer of TDs ever in South Texas History. 44 or some rediculous number like that...

IHStangFan
08-08-2005, 01:53 PM
its possible... we recovered after losing Jones and Hughes...
Charles and Ruiz
now Franco

We have one of the best systems in South Texas... sorta like Tech, just plug and play :) i would have to agree there, Sinton's stable is always full of talent. any prospects that may be standouts this year?

pirate4state
08-08-2005, 01:55 PM
i would have to agree there, Sinton's stable is always full of talent. any prospects that may be standouts this year? I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you! :D :D :D

J/K - I have no clue. :nerd:

IHStangFan
08-08-2005, 01:56 PM
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you! :D :D :D

J/K - I have no clue. :nerd: LOL...thanks ;)

pirate4state
08-08-2005, 01:57 PM
I assume youre talking about Sinton's Franco? what was the scoop on him anyway? he playing ball anywhere? that kid was amazing. He is going to school in San Angelo, but I don't know for sure if he is playing ball. :confused:

big daddy russ
08-08-2005, 02:44 PM
so they have a reliable QB to get the ball to them?
What's up B? It's the same QB they had last year, Ramirez. He's an all-around threat when he has the ball. If he airs it out he makes things happen or if tucks it he makes things happen. One of those players that single-handedly makes things tough for a defense.

big daddy russ
08-08-2005, 03:24 PM
As far as I know, Ingleside will have some talent in the skill positions. I think we're getting the Johnson kid back on the outside and between Zach Adams and Brandon Stacy we have two studs.

I'd like to see Adams get more touches, though. He's one of the top athletes in the district. I don't know if there's room for him in the backfield, but wouldn't it be great if there was?

And I still think that the Miller kid from last year was as big a loss as Randy Webb. He may not have been the fastest kid or the best pure athlete, but he had the best set of hands on the team. He was a perfect complement to the other three receivers.

IHStangFan
08-08-2005, 03:29 PM
hey Russ, whats shakin?!?! sounds like a typical Mathis QB....quick but able to pass the ball around.

As far as Ingleside, yeah, I believe Johnson was only a soph. last year wasnt he? and Adams, yes, I wouldnt mind seeing him at RB but...at the same time, hes got great hands as well at WR. the little guy i liked was the Coffield kid, he made some things happen and i believe he was only a freshman. so provided Brandon can get the job done at QB....they should be just as successful as last years team. i just think they'll miss Randy Webb.....for lack of a better explaination of the kid....he was a talented FB who could throw the ball well.

sinfan75
08-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Somethin about a kid by the name of Trent Hesseltine. Be a Soph. heard he was a pretty stout RB as a Freshman. Moved him up to varsity durin the play-offs. Defense could be REAL good this year.