PDA

View Full Version : The whole world is going mad!

CenTexSports
08-08-2005, 08:07 AM
I called the Sonic the other day and ordered a #2 cheeseburger, tater tots, and a large Dr. Pepper. The young lady at Sonic asked me three times if I wanted mustard or mayo on my cheeseburger. I kept telling her that I wanted a #2 cheeseburger. She finally told me that a #2 was a double meat combo meal to which I responded, I don't want a combo meal, I WANT A #2 CHEESEBURGER!

Eventually she explained to me that they don't have #1, #2, or #3 hamburgers any more. I told her that I was over 50 and had been ordering #2 cheesburgers from Sonic since I was 17 and that I didn't think I could make this change. Unfortunately we don't have much else to choose from so I guess I'll have to suck it up and learn the new way to order a Sonic hamburger.

Change is OK but why mess with a classic?

HighSchool Fan
08-08-2005, 08:18 AM
HaHa, same thing happened to me last week at the sonic in sanger. they need to realize that if it's not broke don't fix it.

pirate4state
08-08-2005, 08:50 AM
:doh: It has happened to me too. :( In Ingleside...we probably sounded like Abbott & Costello's "Who's on First". :rolleyes: :D :mad: I was not amused. ;)

spiveyrat
08-08-2005, 09:26 AM
I went last week to a brand new Sonic and ordered their #1 value meal with mayo on the burger, fries, and a cherry coke. I got a burger with mustard, no fries (I went back and got them), and a diet cherry coke. They messed up on every single item! :mad:

Old Tiger
08-08-2005, 09:33 AM
I noticed this too!!!!! After all my life of saying #1 for mayo and #2 for mustard they had to go off and change it and confuse the hell out of me!!!! GRRR!!!

wos fan1
08-08-2005, 09:34 AM
:D Same thing happened to me...I ordered a burger with mayo and cheese only and when i opened it up it was loaded with lettuce and onions..:mad: I usually check it before i leave. Whataburger's the best but a little expensive.

CHS_CG
08-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Can't eat at the Sonic in Caldwell, a couple of my friends and I get sick everytime we eat there no matter what we eat:hairpunk:

wos fan1
08-08-2005, 09:37 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Old Tiger
08-08-2005, 09:40 AM
Texas Burger has the best burgers

AggieJohn
08-08-2005, 09:50 AM
when will you learn that you go to sonic for the desserts, sonic is like looking at a woman from the house of ill repute, you don't want to know what goes on inside even if everything on the outside looks jim dandy

wos fan1
08-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Is Texas Burger a chain of restaurants?

wos fan1
08-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
when will you learn that you go to sonic for the desserts, sonic is like looking at a woman from the house of ill repute, you don't want to know what goes on inside even if everything on the outside looks jim dandy :D

CenTexSports
08-08-2005, 09:53 AM
There are several but I don't know how many (Rockdale, Cameron, Buffalo) for sure.

We ought to copy this thread to the main Sonic headquarters. I wonder what they would say?

Old Tiger
08-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Is Texas Burger a chain of restaurants? Texas Burger chains are found in small towns. Someone told me that you don't find them in big towns because they don't want to compete w/ the other major burger chains.

wos fan1
08-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Texas Burger chains are found in small towns. Someone told me that you don't find them in big towns because they don't want to compete w/ the other major burger chains. I've heard of them, wish we had one.:mad:

mwynn05
08-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Texas burger started in madisonville

wos fan1
08-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Texas burger started in madisonville I bet they are the homemade kind right?:)

spiveyrat
08-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Texas Burger has the best burgers

I agree!

Old Tiger
08-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by wos fan1
I bet they are the homemade kind right?:) Yup, and they can come with Miracle Whip instead of mayo

District303aPastPlayer
08-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Dairy King in Taft
:clap: :clap: :clap:

spiveyrat
08-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Texas Burger chains are found in small towns. Someone told me that you don't find them in big towns because they don't want to compete w/ the other major burger chains.

I found this site, but I don't think it's the same Texas Burger chain that I'm aware of. They only show 3 locations on their "locations" part of their site and I can think of at least 3 Texas Burger locations on I-45 NOT included in that list.

http://www.texasburger.net/

From the Texas Burger chain I'm familiar with, there's one in Huntsville, Madisonville, Fairfield, maybe Buffalo too.

Old Tiger
08-08-2005, 10:57 AM
There is one in Rockdale and Cameron. They also have Subway combined with them

CHS_CG
08-08-2005, 11:16 AM
There is one in Rockdale and Cameron. They also have Subway combined with them

Caldwell does also

AP Panther Fan
08-08-2005, 11:28 AM
I have never heard of Texas Burger, maybe we don't have them in South Texas.:thinking:

Here in AP, we have THE BEST Dairy Queen. You should see this place. The building is nice inside and out, stone, slate & tile everywhere, big round tables, meeting room etc.....truly impressive! Oh....and the food is good too!

District303aPastPlayer
08-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I have never heard of Texas Burger, maybe we don't have them in South Texas.:thinking:

Here in AP, we have THE BEST Dairy Queen. You should see this place. The building is nice inside and out, stone, slate & tile everywhere, big round tables, meeting room etc.....truly impressive! Oh....and the food is good too!

ummm... are you talking about the one thats on the curve road... because if thats the one i am thinking of... ill take the one in portland over that one...

AP Panther Fan
08-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
ummm... are you talking about the one thats on the curve road... because if thats the one i am thinking of... ill take the one in portland over that one...

Yep, but you haven't seen it recently. Ours is completely re-done! Actually the same people that own the one in Portland own ours too! You won't recognize the place.:cool:

District303aPastPlayer
08-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Yep, but you haven't seen it recently. Ours is completely re-done! Actually the same people that own the one in Portland own ours too! You won't recognize the place.:cool:

hmmm i might need to make a roadtrip then...

Phantom Stang
08-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

Eventually she explained to me that they don't have #1, #2, or #3 hamburgers any more..

Change is OK but why mess with a classic?
I should've known it would come to this, when they did away with those plastic monkees!!!:mad:

Now, how many of ya'll know what I'm talking about? ;) :cool:

Old Tiger
08-08-2005, 11:49 AM

Here in AP, we have THE BEST Dairy Queen. You should see this place. The building is nice inside and out, stone, slate & tile everywhere, big round tables, meeting room etc.....truly impressive! Oh....and the food is good too! On the sign does it say "DQ Restraunt?" Cause there is a DQ in Giddings that looks like that and it says "DQ Restraunt" on the sign.

AP Panther Fan
08-08-2005, 11:57 AM
On the sign does it say "DQ Restraunt?" Cause there is a DQ in Giddings that looks like that and it says "DQ Restraunt" on the sign.

It does say restaurant somewhere on the building....now that you mention it, it really has more of a restaurant atmosphere than a normal dairy queen or whataburger. :)

Phil C
08-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Vic's on Leopard Street and Port in Corpus Christi makes very good hamburtgers but you have to eat outside or in your car. They also have several other locations in Corpus Christi also but I have never been there. I didn't know about it till my wife had us stop by the other day and they are excellent.

AP Panther Fan
08-08-2005, 12:04 PM
http://www.aransaspass.org/DQ1.jpg

Kind of a blurry picture I found on our Chamber website...

wos fan1
08-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Yup, and they can come with Miracle Whip instead of mayo Damn now i'm hungry for a Texas Burger! :D

Keith7
08-08-2005, 12:38 PM
In and Out burger is the best too bad it is only in arizona, california and nevada

http://pubpages.unh.edu/~jennes/burger.jpg

44INAROW
08-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

From the Texas Burger chain I'm familiar with, there's one in Huntsville, Madisonville, Fairfield, maybe Buffalo too.

The Texas Burger in Buffalo is where we stop for a "pit stop" and quick lunch on the way to Louisiana.. Used to be on the West side of IH 45 - now it's on the East side

Old Tiger
08-08-2005, 12:48 PM
**Still waiting for a Sinton person to say "Tortilla Burger" :p **

AP_Panther...that is similar to how the one in Giddings looks.

slpybear the bullfan
08-08-2005, 12:51 PM
What about the #3 burger with Hickory sauce and onions!!! That has been a great Sonic Burger!

Old Tiger
08-08-2005, 12:55 PM
I've never heard of the #3. But it sounds good.

shellman54
08-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
In and Out burger is the best too bad it is only in arizona, california and nevada

http://pubpages.unh.edu/~jennes/burger.jpg

drove by one on the way to the airport Friday, almost stopped in to get one

c-town_balla
08-08-2005, 01:17 PM
this quite possibly could be the best food known to man

The Hill (http://www.thehillrestaurant.com/)

c-town_balla
08-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Besides Country Inn in Somerville

District303aPastPlayer
08-08-2005, 02:14 PM
just go to tasty taco and get you a darn Tortilla Burger, why have buns?

pirate4state
08-08-2005, 02:33 PM
**Still waiting for a Sinton person to say "Tortilla Burger" :p **
Not this Sinton poster...:doh: