PDA

View Full Version : A&M Leads Big 12 with 42 Players on NFL Training Camp Rosters

AggieJohn
08-07-2005, 10:36 PM
With training camp underway for all of the NFL teams, 42 Texas A&M football players are listed on the various rosters. Texas A&M had 31 players on the 2004 NFL opening day lists.

Texas A&M shares the Big 12 Conference lead with Nebraska’s 42 players on training camp rosters.

Three Aggies are listed on the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots roster led by wide receiver and kick returner Bethel Johnson and defensive lineman Ty Warren. Offensive lineman Billy Yates was on the roster but did not appear in a game in 2004.

The Atlanta Falcons lead the way with five Aggies on the training camp roster. Defensive backs Jonte’ Buhl, Rich Coady, Byron Jones and Jason Webster are joined by defensive lineman Brandon Mitchell.

Seven Aggies off of the 2004 Texas A&M squad are battling for spots on NFL clubs. The two co-captains of the 2004 Aggie team, wide receiver Terrence Murphy and defensive lineman Mike Montgomery, were picked up by the Green Bay Packers. Murphy was a second-round pick and Montgomery was a sixth-round selection. Offensive lineman Geoff Hangartner was taken in the fifth round by the Carolina Panthers. Defensive backs Buhl and Jones were free agent signees with the Atlanta Falcons, while running back Keith Joseph signed with the New Orleans Saints and defensive lineman Marcus Jasmin signed with the Detroit Lions.

2005 TEXAS A&M PLAYERS ON NFL TRAINING CAMP ROSTERS-- 42

No. Name, Position, Team
#95 Sam Adams, DL, Buffalo Bills
#99 Rocky Bernard, DL, Seattle Seahawks
#47 Jonte’ Buhl, DB, Atlanta Falcons
#86 Dan Campbell, TE, Dallas Cowboys
#26 Rich Coady, DB, Atlanta Falcons
#81 Chris Cole, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars
#22 Sammy Davis, DB, San Diego Chargers
#98 Ron Edwards, DL, Buffalo Bills
#89 Robert Ferguson, WR, Green Bay Packers
#92 Ronald Flemons, DL, Seattle Seahawks
#26 Aaron Glenn, DB, Dallas Cowboys
#46 Jason Glenn, LB, Miami Dolphins
#82 Dante Hall, WR, Kansas City Chiefs
#63 Geoff Hangartner, OL, Carolina Panthers
#48 Warrick Holdman, LB, Washington Redskins
#22 Michael Jameson, DB, Cleveland Browns
#91 Marcus Jasmin, DL, Detroit Lions
#95 Edward Jasper, DL, Oakland Raiders
#81 Bethel Johnson, WR, New England Patriots
#40 Byron Jones, DB, Atlanta Falcons
#45 Keith Joseph, RB, New Orleans Saints
#48 Terrence Kiel, DB, San Diego Chargers
#9 Shane Lechler, P, Oakland Raiders
#76 Jason Mathews, OL, Tennessee Titans
#68 Seth McKinney, OL, Miami Dolphins
#76 Steve McKinney, OL, Houston Texans
#24 Ray Mickens, DB, New York Jets
#92 Brandon Mitchell, DL, Atlanta Falcons
#96 Mike Montgomery, DL, Green Bay Packers
#67 Don Muhlbach, DS, Detroit Lions
#86 Terrence Murphy, WR, Green Bay Packers
#59 Dat Nguyen, LB, Dallas Cowboys
#66 Alan Reuber, OL, Arizona Cardinals
#14 Cody Scates, P, Houston Texans
#73 Cameron Spikes, OL, Denver Broncos
#86 Jamaar Taylor, WR, New York Giants
#66 Rex Tucker, OL, St. Louis Rams
#94 Ty Warren, DL, New England Patriots
#36 Jason Webster, DB, Atlanta Falcons
#69 Taylor Whitley, OL, Miami Dolphins
#94 Pat Williams, DL, Minnesota Vikings
#74 Billy Yates, OL, New England Patriots

Aggies on NFL Coaching Staffs:

Dennis Allen, Atlanta Falcons (Defensive Assistant)
Gary Kubiak, Denver Broncos (Offensive Coordinator)
Gary Reynolds, Seattle Seahawks (Quality Control/Offense)
Zerick Rollins, Seattle Seahawks (Defensive Line/Quality Control)

As of Aug. 5, 2005

Big 12 Rankings
Texas A&M 42
Nebraska 42
Oklahoma 35
Kansas State 34
Colorado 33
Texas 25
Missouri 17
Oklahoma State 14
Texas Tech 14
Baylor 11
Kansas 9
Iowa State 8

MARLINDOGS
08-08-2005, 01:00 AM
:thinking: i wonder

Bandera YaYa
08-08-2005, 09:29 AM
...the words "meaningless and useless" come to mind.......... :rolleyes:

pirate44
08-08-2005, 09:54 AM
alot of names i havent heard in a while. nice list.

YBS
08-09-2005, 08:32 AM
cough...cough...HATERS...cough

:p

BTEXDAD
08-09-2005, 09:55 AM
would there be any possibility that maybe A&M and Nebraska underachieved with all the talent they had?

Phil C
08-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
would there be any possibility that maybe A&M and Nebraska underachieved with all the talent they had?

I don't know about that because with that success they may start getting players begging to get into those schools. NFL means money!

Phil C
08-09-2005, 10:06 AM
I wonder how those figures compare with teams in the rest of the country. I am sure Notre Dame is No. 1 as usual.

Old Tiger
08-09-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm gonna say Miami(FL) leads the pack Phil

IHStangFan
08-09-2005, 10:41 AM
would there be any possibility that maybe A&M and Nebraska underachieved with all the talent they had? what are you talking about?! Neither team has been National Champ material lately....but both schools have great football tradition and history. Hell, do some homework, Neb. is one of the most successful teams overall in college football throughout the years.

sicem74
08-09-2005, 12:54 PM
congrats aggies and CORNNHUSKERS! great job look at them bears though congrats to them too!

BTEXDAD
08-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
what are you talking about?! Neither team has been National Champ material lately....but both schools have great football tradition and history. Hell, do some homework, Neb. is one of the most successful teams overall in college football throughout the years.

I'm saying the same thing you are. Neither team has been anywhere near National champ material lately, but all the named players were there "lately". Therefore, there was an awful lot of talent at both schools last several years with only a little better than average success.
Both schools have been successful in past and will be in future. The results of players on pro rosters actually surprised me.
With all the talk about all the talent on the OU and UT squads, I would have thought those two schools would have had twice as many players on pro rosters as Nebraska or A&M.
Sorry if I struck a nerve.

YBS
08-10-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm saying the same thing you are. Neither team has been anywhere near National champ material lately, but all the named players were there "lately". Therefore, there was an awful lot of talent at both schools last several years with only a little better than average success.
Both schools have been successful in past and will be in future. The results of players on pro rosters actually surprised me.
With all the talk about all the talent on the OU and UT squads, I would have thought those two schools would have had twice as many players on pro rosters as Nebraska or A&M.
Sorry if I struck a nerve.

Dad...I don't think you struck a nerve. RC had a lotta talent in his later years and couldn't produce with it. Most of those players, if not all, are his recruits. Same with Nebraska; most of those guys are most likely Osborne's recruits though some of them made it to the NFL after he left. OU didn't have that same level of talent when Stoops first got there even though they immediately began to win b/c Stoops is a great game schemer and outcoached folks until he started getting his butt kicked in championship games. I think that's probably the reason for the disparity.