PDA

View Full Version : Response to Pud

Brahma73
11-17-2002, 06:36 PM
Thought about your response to my comment @ LG-Columbus game being boring. You're probably partially right RE: me being away from my BHS game w/ Giddings. Real truth is that game seemed boring because Valastro did what he needed to do -- win! Didn't need 35+ points are 500 yds. offense. Just needed more points than C-Town. Conservative ball control w/ smothering D is the way to beat a team you out-man and out-speed, especially defensively. Don't take my comments wrong. Congrats on a win.

I expect to see more fireworks next week vs. better opponent. I'm certainly pulling for you guys. I've got lots of friends in LG, including the Valastro family (maybe even you!). Truly wish you the best and hope we meet in a couple of weeks. It'll be a classic!

Pudlugger
11-18-2002, 09:15 AM
Thanks Brahma73, I appreciate your support. It hasn't always been cordial between our two teams and maybe we need to cut each other more slack. Good luck next Friday. :)

Bellville22
11-18-2002, 09:29 PM
Amen Pud. Let's play some football. I plan on coaching when I get out of Aggieland, and I have all the respect in the world for Valastro's program, and hope I can build one like his one day.

It's fun to talk a little trash and heat up a rivalry a bit, but we all know that it's gonna come down to about 60 kids knockin' heads for a couple of hours, with the best team coming out on top, just the way it should be.

We also know that before anything can happen, both teams have to take care of business and travel what I'm sure is a pretty tough playoff road. Best of luck to the Leps, and hope to see you guys in a couple of weeks.