PDA

View Full Version : IntrA-squad scrimmages

LH Panther Mom
08-06-2005, 12:51 PM
I know several teams had them today. How were they? We want details. :D

Ours started at 10:30, with freshman & JV taking turns. Both teams were looking pretty good, although you can tell we have a few kinks to work out.

Varsity started around 11:45. Those boys are looking GREAT! I didn't stay for all varsity - it was darn hot out there, humidity was stifling!

Great job, Panthers!!! :clap: :clap:

gobbler84
08-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Cuero's started at 8 this morning with freshman. Then Freshman and JV. Then at about 10 we started and found out that we have 2 beast at linebacker!!

44INAROW
08-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Didn't get there in time for the Freshman, but the group I watched sure looked good :) Sorry LHPM, I am not detail oriented lol..... so I'll just say overall, I am sure there are kinks to be worked out too, but they sure looked like they were clicking on all cylinders :)

gobbler grad
08-06-2005, 01:24 PM
I agree with you 44, they looked pretty impressive...so much speed in that backfield...Cooper looked good and made a couple of good runs...alot of talent at split end position also...can't wait for the real stuff to start...

gobblerfan02
08-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Sorry, didn't get to watch, was there at the beginning before they started, but DAD needed me at the house, buildin' pens in the back for you know what!

Gobbler Fan
08-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Heres what I saw out of the inter. scrimmage today .
OFFENSES OVERALL-was very impressive once they started clicking scoring running and passing at will .
QB- GREAT- Were Back was excellent today running and throwing .You looked in charge out there today kyle great job keep it up .
RB -GREAT- I was holding my breath everytime Cooper was running but it sure was nice to see him break a couple. F and D did a great job . Our fullbacks what can you say but WOW Dason was on a mission lol talk about power. Ace did a great job too.
OL-GREAT- this was what I wanted to look at and very impressive 84 you guy's played like you have something to prove keep up the great work . Gone is the massive size in is athleticism and quickness.
TE-GREAT-Tell coach to use him more lol ....Great job JT catching and blocking
Recievers-GREAT- The good hands people looked good out there snagging all those passes from Were Back.

Defense:Overall the most impressive today
DL -GREAT- 84-and JT must have had 5 or 6 sacks between them great job boy's . The DT'S were closing the holes and stuffing the run pretty impressive when you give up -yardage :D
LB'S-GREAT- flying to the ball and yes Dason and Alfred were monsters today some pretty impressive hit's today by our LB crew. Keep up the great job guy's .:clap:
Secondary-Great -Lots of speed out there and I think I can only remember one pass completed on the first team D great job ! I think that had something to do with the QB position running for his life every time he tried to throw .
Another thing I was impressed with was the overall hustle of ALL the kids when they had a chance to play . It was nice to see them step up like that . I think there looking for some PT too .GREAT JOB GOBBLERS:clap:

mwynn05
08-06-2005, 03:18 PM
3a schools having intersquad scrimmages dont make a whole lot of sense to me because most teams have their best players playing both ways.....

District303aPastPlayer
08-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
3a schools having intersquad scrimmages dont make a whole lot of sense to me because most teams have their best players playing both ways.....
unless you are wylie... then they have the numbers to play one squad per offense and defense...

just playing

mwynn05
08-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Well i went to my cousins intersquad scrimmage last year because we just happened ot be there and for them it made sense because they had offense and defense 1st and 2nd teams...but they are also 5a

wos fan1
08-06-2005, 03:41 PM
We had ours at 10 Saturday Morning. Our Skill people are so much better than last year. :clap: Can't wait until next Saturday when we go to Kirbyville.

gobbler84
08-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Well i went to my cousins intersquad scrimmage last year because we just happened ot be there and for them it made sense because they had offense and defense 1st and 2nd teams...but they are also 5a

Just because we arent 5a doesn't mean we cant have a first team and second team. That's what we did this morning and every year that i'v played, so it doesn't matter how big the school is!

44INAROW
08-06-2005, 04:09 PM

I'll say it once again.. QUALITY not QUANITY

GO MEAN GREEN

44INAROW
08-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Heres what I saw out of the inter. scrimmage today .
OFFENSES OVERALL-was very impressive once they started clicking scoring running and passing at will .
QB- GREAT- Were Back was excellent today running and throwing .You looked in charge out there today kyle great job keep it up .
RB -GREAT- I was holding my breath everytime Cooper was running but it sure was nice to see him break a couple. F and D did a great job . Our fullbacks what can you say but WOW Dason was on a mission lol talk about power. Ace did a great job too.
OL-GREAT- this was what I wanted to look at and very impressive 84 you guy's played like you have something to prove keep up the great work . Gone is the massive size in is athleticism and quickness.
TE-GREAT-Tell coach to use him more lol ....Great job JT catching and blocking
Recievers-GREAT- The good hands people looked good out there snagging all those passes from Were Back.

Defense:Overall the most impressive today
DL -GREAT- 84-and JT must have had 5 or 6 sacks between them great job boy's . The DT'S were closing the holes and stuffing the run pretty impressive when you give up -yardage :D
LB'S-GREAT- flying to the ball and yes Dason and Alfred were monsters today some pretty impressive hit's today by our LB crew. Keep up the great job guy's .:clap:
Secondary-Great -Lots of speed out there and I think I can only remember one pass completed on the first team D great job ! I think that had something to do with the QB position running for his life every time he tried to throw .
Another thing I was impressed with was the overall hustle of ALL the kids when they had a chance to play . It was nice to see them step up like that . I think there looking for some PT too .GREAT JOB GOBBLERS:clap:

If I was detail oriented, that's what I would have said :D

HighSchool Fan
08-06-2005, 04:16 PM
so is he saying that the 1st team offense was great against the 2nd team defense and the 1st team defense was great against the 2nd team offense??

chubbed_up
08-06-2005, 04:51 PM
watch out for the linebackers. wow

chubbed_up
08-06-2005, 04:52 PM
and one more thing, i've never seen someone cover 25 yards as quickly as brandon james(state champ in 3 running events) did this morning, and finish it off with a devastating blow to one of the alternates for that state relay team. i mean this hit was heard all over cuero

Old Green
08-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
and one more thing, i've never seen someone cover 25 yards as quickly as brandon james(state champ in 3 running events) did this morning, and finish it off with a devastating blow to one of the alternates for that state relay team. i mean this hit was heard all over cuero You guys had me worried there a few times. Y'all were hitting each as if you were not team mates. Good job quys.

mwynn05
08-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
Just because we arent 5a doesn't mean we cant have a first team and second team. That's what we did this morning and every year that i'v played, so it doesn't matter how big the school is! yea that my point you go 1st v 2nd they can go 1st v 1st and 2nd v 2nd etc..

KingRob
08-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Thanks for all the details. Cuero sure does sound good. Got me all excited!:D :D :D Can't wait for the real games to begin.

GreenMonster
08-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Shouldn't the title of this thread really be intrAsquad scrimmages??? IntERsquad insinuates 2 different squads scrimmaging and that starts next week. Sorry Ma, I'm anal like that lol .

LH Panther Mom
08-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Shouldn't the title of this thread really be intrAsquad scrimmages??? IntERsquad insinuates 2 different squads scrimmaging and that starts next week. Sorry Ma, I'm anal like that lol .

:mad: I absolutely hate it when I make a mistake and someone else catches it! :mad: :p

GreenMonster
08-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:mad: I absolutely hate it when I make a mistake and someone else catches it! :mad: :p

I hate it when that happens too.

Gobbla2001
08-07-2005, 08:43 PM
I drove by practice Friday evening... all I can say is tall, muscle and speed... I swear that's a college team out there...