PDA

View Full Version : Rice Raiders

RiceRaider
08-06-2005, 01:58 AM
Rice looks great this year! We had our first day of pads tonight and if you don't know how Troy Aikman played as a QB in high school then you need to come watch Taylor Cook man can this guy throw! Even though everyone is saying we probably wont do much this year I think they all are losing their heads. They ranked us 4th in district last year because we lost our whole O line, M. Spears, and many more Sr.. Then this year we lose even more big names Huffman, Shaw, King, Hemphill, & Cooper and they rank us even higher. You know what I think the people who make these predictions have no clue whats going on , they need to learn that the Rice Raiders are always going to be on top. We Should have won district last year, but a few sad events happened and messed everything up. But I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK! to Rice and to everyone else in our district. I hope everyone has fun!:p

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-06-2005, 06:21 AM
Welcome to the board.

RiceRaider
08-06-2005, 08:43 AM
Thanx =-)

CheerMom
08-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Welcome aboard!! Glad to see another Raider fan on here!!:D
And I agree, the Raiders may be young this year, but they will do just fine!!

Go Raiders!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Raider4ever
08-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Lets go #24 for the Raiders i want to see some crushing blows at that LB spot. Not that i want any1 to get hurt of course!

rhs78
08-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Welcome to the board and glad your pumped up,but lets take it one game at a time an see how the boys due.
I think we will play solid defense and it may take a little time for the offence to click. It should be interesting.

scotty
08-06-2005, 07:17 PM
I believe that Rice has as good of a shot as anyone in district 20-3A other than maybe Bellville. Rice is a small 3A school and numbers could be a problem and that is why Bellville should have the inside track. They have 3-6 starters back from a district championship team and their freshmen were great 10-0 and a pretty good jv squad that went 6-4. They will have to replace a great football player in Emmanuel Sanders and if anyone had any doubt about how good he was, look at what he did against the big boys at the all-star game. He should have been the MVP.
Sealy had the most experience and maybe talent coming in last year but they just couldn’t generate any offense. This year they will try something different and use a more open attack. However, they don’t have anyone who took a snap from center at quarterback on the varsity level. And with the offense they use, quarterback is extremely critical.
Navasota lost most of its team to graduation and they did have great talent, but never quite lived up to expectations. They have a new coach who will use an offense similar to what Sealy will use. The new coach has been real successful at every stop before Navasota, and in spite of a pretty weak junior varsity team last year, they may surprise some folks.
Hempstead has some smoking speed, but may not have enough other players nor do they have much football tradition.
Columbus also has a new coach and he seems to have the personality to get some of the players back to the program that left and keep the ones he has. Althaus did about as much defensively as you could expect, but a lack of speed killed Columbus.
I believe that overall the district will be much weaker than it has been in the past, but anything could happen.

Balboa
08-06-2005, 08:46 PM
I feel that Rice has a pretty good shot at the district they will have to overcome some key losses but this is nothing new to the Raiders. This program has turned into one that can overcome key losses with hardwork and leadership. The rest of the district is pretty much the same Bellville will be solid as they always are. I think Sealy will make some noise. They had a scrappy D-fense. ....Look forwad to seeing how this turns out......

JettJenkins04
08-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Good luck to the Raiders, even though this team has lose alot of talent in the pass couple of years. All of those guys were around when the 04 class was setting the tone. So on that note, good luck and let's keep the winning tradition alive. Should be home for a week in late September so i should be able to check you guys out.

crotalus
08-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by scotty
I The new coach has been real successful at every stop before Navasota, and in spite of a pretty weak junior varsity team last year, they may surprise some folks.

I wouldn't call going 1-9 a couple of years ago real successful...

sicem74
08-07-2005, 01:49 PM
go rice show me somthing!