PDA

View Full Version : best secondary in state

smustangs
08-05-2005, 08:43 PM
i think sweetwater will have one of the best to be found in the state this year. they return all state safety carrillo and all district safery pittman and two corners greene and cunnings are both very fast and shut down type corners. what are everyone elses thoughts on the subject?

gobblerfan02
08-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
i think sweetwater will have one of the best to be found in the state this year. they return all state safety carrillo and all district safery pittman and two corners greene and cunnings are both very fast and shut down type corners. what are everyone elses thoughts on the subject?

Did no one see all the sophomores in Cuero's secondary last season, all returning!:D

gobbler grad
08-05-2005, 09:11 PM
we will give them a run for their money...:tongue:

chubbed_up
08-05-2005, 10:06 PM
well the secondary was pretty good last year and this year quite a few younger guys played a lot, especially in our nickel packages. two 4.4's and one 4.3.

gobbler84
08-05-2005, 10:12 PM

Dude, I think I read wrong but did you just say best in state? Maybe best in district but not state! WE will have a dominating defense. Decatur will have a dominating defense. I bet your going on speed which isn't everything. Cause if it were we have a CB who runs a 10.19 100 and a 21.43 200!

Buckeye80
08-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Atlanta will have a very good secondary this season.
Longview Spring Hill and Carthage should both do well in DB's.
And the Buckeyes won't be too bad though our defensive strength this year should be at the DT spot. We have two men coming back at that position!

gobbler84
08-05-2005, 10:43 PM
LHPM please close this thread before it gets nasty!

SilsbeeD
08-05-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm very curious to see how atlanta will do. I was looking through dave campbells the other day and i saw a team with 20 starters coming back and they werent ranked high at all. I dont know maybe im missing something.

MARLINDOGS
08-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Marlin will have a really good one.:thumbsup:

44INAROW
08-06-2005, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by gobbler84

LOL LOL LOL The irony :D :D and you're probably right

HighSchool Fan
08-06-2005, 07:22 AM
no one knows who has the best secondary in state. it's all pure speculation.

LH Panther Mom
08-06-2005, 07:58 AM

I've got my eye on it! :)

BeastoftheEast
08-06-2005, 11:48 AM
If anyone has a passing attack like Gilmer had last year we will find out who has a secondary. Everyone thinks they have a great secondary until they play someone who can chunk the rock!

gobbler84
08-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by BeastoftheEast
If anyone has a passing attack like Gilmer had last year we will find out who has a secondary. Everyone thinks they have a great secondary until they play someone who can chunk the rock!

Very well said!

fairfield_06
08-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Speeds not everything so you just cant throw out running times and say your the best. A good high school secondary has to be able to come up and make tackles on running backs and be physical they just cant be fast. I am not trying to say anything bad about Cueros defensive backs they might be great players and I know someone already said speed isnt everything. But a lot of people are just throwing out 40 times as there complete argument for having the best secondary.

Old Tiger
08-06-2005, 01:48 PM
There is no best right now! ;)

3afan
08-06-2005, 02:13 PM
like all these types of discussions, it all depends on WHERE you are from ... if you didnt know homerism is rampant in these parts :thumbsup:

chubbed_up
08-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by fairfield_06
Speeds not everything so you just cant throw out running times and say your the best. A good high school secondary has to be able to come up and make tackles on running backs and be physical they just cant be fast. I am not trying to say anything bad about Cueros defensive backs they might be great players and I know someone already said speed isnt everything. But a lot of people are just throwing out 40 times as there complete argument for having the best secondary.

this is a good point and im sorry thats not what i was trying to do. they are fast alright but there technique is top of the line. and thats more what i should have said the first time.

gobbler84
08-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
this is a good point and im sorry thats not what i was trying to do. they are fast alright but there technique is top of the line. and thats more what i should have said the first time.

Better said!

Phantom Stang
08-06-2005, 09:02 PM
I don't think that there's any way of knowing who has the BEST secondary in the state. However, due to talent, experience, and coaching, I will say that Sweetwater's secondary will be Extreeemly Good this coming season!;)

gobbler84
08-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Alright there was no need for you to even post Phantom if you were gonna say the same thing that the guy who started this thread did!!!!

Phantom Stang
08-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Dude, I think I read wrong but did you just say best in state? Maybe best in district but not state! WE will have a dominating defense. Decatur will have a dominating defense. I bet your going on speed which isn't everything. Cause if it were we have a CB who runs a 10.19 100 and a 21.43 200!
I thought that smustangs did say it well.
Yet, when you assumed that he was just going on speed, I saw a need to clarify things for the sake of the "context impaired". :nerd: :D :p

mustang04
08-07-2005, 05:41 PM

very ignorant response g84......if i am not mistaken, smustangs post said "ONE of the best".....not THE BEST, and no he wasnt going off just speed, he was going off the fact that one DB was all state and has started since he was a soph, and the corners are both very fast, one being skye greene (who placed 2nd in the hundred at state)

who knows, yall could have the best secondary by far, but i think u need to make sure what someone said exactly before u start bashing them

NOTE: in no way does this post take anything away from Cuero, they are an awesome team w/ alot of speed

gobblerfan02
08-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
very ignorant response g84......if i am not mistaken, smustangs post said "ONE of the best".....not THE BEST, and no he wasnt going off just speed, he was going off the fact that one DB was all state and has started since he was a soph, and the corners are both very fast, one being skye greene (who placed 2nd in the hundred at state)

who knows, yall could have the best secondary by far, but i think u need to make sure what someone said exactly before u start bashing them

NOTE: in no way does this post take anything away from Cuero, they are an awesome team w/ alot of speed
Very nicely said stang04. It's ok 84, doesn't take anything away from your team so don't worry 'bout it all. Think we all need to stop worrying about who's the best until december starts rolling around....last time I checked, it was still almost 4 whole months away....but that's just my view of the situation!

mustang04
08-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Very nicely said stang04. It's ok 84, doesn't take anything away from your team so don't worry 'bout it all. Think we all need to stop worrying about who's the best until december starts rolling around....last time I checked, it was still almost 4 whole months away....but that's just my view of the situation!

good call:clap:

smustangs
08-07-2005, 06:03 PM
i wasnt going on speed and i had no intentions of starting a heated argument just makein a generalized statement sorry for getting everyone going but a lil pre season talk is always fun

mustang04
08-07-2005, 06:06 PM
i wasnt going on speed and i had no intentions of starting a heated argument just makein a generalized statement sorry for getting everyone going but a lil pre season talk is always fun

dont apologize, some ppl just get too defensive and start makin irrational statements, anyways....GAME ON!

crabman
08-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Cuero has always had speed. Their secondary has always been what I would call "good". Not great, just good. I don't know. We have never had that shut down corner like you would think we would have. Teams have always been able to pass on Cuero. I think a large part of that is the fact that our district is run, run, run. We play 10 games before we see a passing team. Then it is too late to get better.
Look at last year when we played Wharton. Passing team. They put up 55 on us. We did get pretty good through the playoffs. The secondary single handedly won the Palestine game. In spite of that, I don't think that they were a great secondary.

SintonFan
08-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
like all these types of discussions, it all depends on WHERE you are from ... if you didnt know homerism is rampant in these parts :thumbsup:
We all know that most Homers come from region four, right?:D