PDA

View Full Version : maybe "Purple Haze" lyrics were really "'Scuse me while i kiss this guy"

pirate44
08-05-2005, 07:29 AM
i heard on a morning radio show that Jimi Hendrix was let out of the army because he admitted to being gay. he was a member of the 101st Airborne. i have never heard this story. maybe this is just a rumor. anyone else hear this?

HighSchool Fan
08-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
i heard on a morning radio show that Jimi Hendrix was let out of the army because he admitted to being gay. he was a member of the 101st Airborne. i have never heard this story. maybe this is just a rumor. anyone else hear this?

i heard the same thing, they should of put him in jail when he got out. he was in trouble with the law, he had a choice, the military or jail. since he didn't finish the military, they should of locked him up.

spiveyrat
08-05-2005, 08:21 AM
Maybe he just said that so he could get out of the army. He may have only been as gay as Klinger was crazy. :D

Never herard that before, though.

HighSchool Fan
08-05-2005, 08:30 AM
Jimi Hendrix played gay to leave US Army-book

By Larry Fine
Reuters
Wednesday, August 3, 2005; 8:57 AM

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Jimi Hendrix, regarded as one of the greatest electric guitar players and known as a prodigious womanizer, lied about being gay to get out of the U.S. Army and pursue his true love -- music, according to a new biography of the rock legend.

"Room Full of Mirrors," written by Charles Cross and published by Hyperion, recounts the life of Hendrix, from a troubled childhood in a black Seattle neighborhood, to brushes with the law and a fast climb to the top of the rock world with hits such as "Purple Haze," and "Hey Joe," and "The Wind Cries Mary."

"It's almost hard to believe what a big, colorful life he led," said Cross, who interviewed more than 300 people for the book, which goes on sale on Wednesday.

Hendrix did not begin playing guitar until he was 15. Three years later, Hendrix enlisted in the 101st Airborne Division in 1961 as a court-offered alternative to jail for riding in stolen cars.

He claimed he was discharged after 13 months after breaking his ankle in a parachuting drill, but military records showed he was discharged for "homosexual tendencies."

According to the records, he told the base psychiatrist he had sexual fantasies about his bunkmates, grew addicted to masturbating and was in love with a member of his squad, Cross writes.

SintonFan
08-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Anyone ever remember that Euro-techno song called, "I'm Blue" da-ba-dee da-ba-die by Eiffel 65?
Listen to that song again and don't tell me they're not actually saying "I'm in need of a guy" instead of "da-ba-dee da-ba-die".
:eek:

pirate44
08-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Anyone ever remember that Euro-techno song called, "I'm Blue" da-ba-dee da-ba-die by Eiffel 65?
Listen to that song again and don't tell me they're not actually saying "I'm in need of a guy" instead of "da-ba-dee da-ba-die".
:eek:
LOL..ive never heard that one, but it sure is funny:D

ILS1
08-05-2005, 02:38 PM
What about the Village People?? All their songs were about MEN!!! :eek:

shellman54
08-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
What about the Village People?? All their songs were about MEN!!! :eek:

young men at that!!!