PDA

View Full Version : Tatum

Gobbla2001
08-04-2005, 10:16 PM
How are they going to do this year?

Heard they were pretty good last year but ran into Gilmer and didn't make it to the show...

What do they have returning? Are they going D2 against or is it possible that they get into D1?

Matthew328
08-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Tatum is a small school.....won't be D1...they'll still be tough but losing their top weapon QB Stephen Hodge hurts...

Gobbla2001
08-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Tatum is a small school.....won't be D1...they'll still be tough but losing their top weapon QB Stephen Hodge hurts...

Where is he going to play college ball at? I heard he was a stud, but never had the chance to see him minus clips on HSX...

Hope things go well for him...

Matthew328
08-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Hodge will be playing for TCU....DB

Gsquared
08-05-2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
How are they going to do this year?

Heard they were pretty good last year but ran into Gilmer and didn't make it to the show...

What do they have returning? Are they going D2 against or is it possible that they get into D1?
Gobbla, Tatum is gonna be tuff this year once again. Not as good as last year because of Stephan Hodge, but still pretty darn good. They have tons of speed, really good size as well.

MARLINDOGS
08-05-2005, 08:19 AM
YEAH I KNOW A COACH THERE.HE SAID THEY DO LOSE THERE QUARTERBACK.BUT THEY DO HAVE ALOT OF KIDS COMING BACK.AND THE QUARTERBACK WILL BE YOUNG BUT REALLY GOOD.SO THEY SHOULD MAKE IT DEEP IN THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN THIS YEAR.

texasjeremy
08-05-2005, 08:27 AM
I had the chance to see Tatum last year, they were Palestine's homecoming game. They had a good team, they took Palestine to overtime last year, but they were a one man show with Hodge. It seemed like they ran a QB draw more than 50% of the time, it was good enough to beat most teams on the 3A level, but not against Palestine and Gilmer, because they had too much team speed.

BeastoftheEast
08-05-2005, 10:03 AM
Tatum has two good running backs returning and several other great athletes. Tatum will always have several outstanding athletes. The thing that will hurt them will be their depth. They are barely 3A and don't have the numbers as far as backups. For a school with about 390 students those guys can play some ball could you imagine if they were 2A!