PDA

View Full Version : 22-3a

Gobbla2001
08-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Read predictions of the way this district would pan out on another board... Was surprised to see Silsbee picked 3rd in some and not even making the playoffs in the others...

What's up with this? Are they not going to be as good, or are teams like Shepherd and Kirbyville just that much better this year?

wos fan1
08-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Read predictions of the way this district would pan out on another board... Was surprised to see Silsbee picked 3rd in some and not even making the playoffs in the others...

What's up with this? Are they not going to be as good, or are teams like Shepherd and Kirbyville just that much better this year? Silsbee has some good players returning. They lost a few but they'll make the Playoffs!

Gobbla2001
08-04-2005, 10:14 PM
I've heard that this could turn out to be one of the toughest district races in the state this year...

C'Mom guys... fill us in por favor

wos fan1
08-04-2005, 10:26 PM
I've heard that this could turn out to be one of the toughest district races in the state this year...

C'Mom guys... fill us in por favor Jasper Silsbee Kirbyville will be the top 3. Shepard Coldspring and Buna will not beat those 3.;)

etbu
08-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Jasper Silsbee and Shepherd.

pirate_qb_11
08-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Definetly Jasper Shepherd and Silsbee going into the playoffs....and yes SHEPHERD will be good...forget about what they did in the past cuz it is all changed now with Head Coach Donald Hubbard takin the reigns!!

SilsbeeD
08-05-2005, 12:13 AM
well silsbee has 11 starters coming back. I think we will have a strong well rounded team this year. Almost all of them returning starters are all district. Should be some good games in the district this year. We will get a tough start by scimmaging nederland. It shoud be a fun race for the district championship this year and good luck to all other teams.

Gobbla2001
08-05-2005, 07:02 AM
Good stuff...

Hupernikomen
08-05-2005, 07:12 AM
Been watching Shepherd a long time and I have to say that Hubbard has the fans and the kids very excited. Certainly not a strecth to think they could sneak in. Coldspring is a mystery. It was just many years ago they were playing in the semi-finals. Believe me the athletes are still there. Lymas better make something happen this year or he is in trouble. Jasper, Silsbee, and Kirbyville will all be tough. Silsbee and Jasper had some key losses at skill positions but should rebound. Kirbyville has experienced some success and certainly doesn't look to digressing. Hard to pick who will come out on top. Safe to say not Buna. They seem to concentrate of basketball and baseball over there.

jet sweep
08-05-2005, 08:32 AM

What's up with this? Are they not going to be as good, or are teams like Shepherd and Kirbyville just that much better this year?

Don't know where you saw that, but everything i've read has Jasper winning it, followed by Silsbee and Kirbyville. I agree with one of the above posts...i think Sheperd will edge out Kirbyville this year and get in. Jasper and Silsbee will finsish 1 and 2....they are just that much better than anyone else in that district.

spiveyrat
08-05-2005, 10:10 AM

Silsbee not making the playoffs? Puh-leeeeese! :rolleyes: Whoever said that was stoned... or was feeding you some home cookin'. :D

Gobbla2001
08-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Silsbee not making the playoffs? Puh-leeeeese! :rolleyes: Whoever said that was stoned... or was feeding you some home cookin'. :D

They may have been stoned... kinda fitting seeing how it was posted on a site called 'Smoaky' :eek:

AggiesAreWe
08-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Silsbee will be good, to me just as good as last year. They do lose some key players like district mvp Desmond Doss and the offensive player of the year in qb Quinton Porter, but the have alot coming back. 22 letterman return, 5 offensive, 6 defensive starters, of those 11, 9 were all district. Also, they have an undefeated JV team coming up which dominated their district, closest game being the Jasper game, which they won by 2 td's. They did this with their 10 best players on the varsity, 6 which started on the varsity, so the Tigers should be good for a couple of years. The district title should come down to the last game of the year when Jasper comes to Tiger Stadium, homecoming game. Silsbee repeats as district champs.

j_dog
08-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Silsbee will be tough. No question about it. And I agree the District championship will be decided in the last game of district.

SilsbeeD
08-05-2005, 11:17 PM
I was reading smoaky's and i was surprised that alot of them people do not think we will make the play-off's. But im ok with that I LOVE being the underdogs!

MARLINDOGS
08-05-2005, 11:19 PM
At least this district will be interesting.