PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Point Placed On Probation

mr.leopard man
08-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Pilot point was placed on a year probation today aug 3rd... also the uil said if GA Moore trys to return to coach.. he has to go in front of the uil and talk to them first....it sounds like the palmiero deal .. im sure he would say he has never recruited:rolleyes: .. then truth comes out later...source PostSignal.com

GreenMonster
08-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Give them the Death Penalty like SMU got. hahahahahaha

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-03-2005, 08:47 PM
what about if he goes somewhere else? and should celina get the same punishement or what? i have heard rumors that he also recruited while he was there

Old Cardinal
08-03-2005, 09:06 PM
I am quite interested in this event. We have a few schools down our way that have openly aggressively recruited for years. It is a well known fact that if you get into behavorial troubles in school or can't stay academically acceptable you can transfer to a few schools that will not stop anyone that is good at football from playing. In fact, pity the poor teacher that tries to get school performance out of care-less athletes. The testing at those schools each year tend to proves that there are players that basically can't read nor write.
I am for a statewide level of testing score for all athletes, all sports and all genders. Those that can't pass at an acceptable statewide level cannot just go down the road to a known recruiting school and play ball with no questions asked.
Playing sports ought to be a honor with academic basic levels as a requirement to participate.
Any comments?

Gobbla2001
08-03-2005, 09:07 PM
Didn't G.A. get bitten by a snake not too long ago?

Maybe that's why they're being funny about him... don't want him bringing any that could bite the kids...

What does G.A. stand for anyway? Get A lot of recruits? jk... I have no opinion one way or the other on that honestly...

Gobbla2001
08-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I am quite interested in this event. We have a few schools down our way that have openly aggressively recruited for years. It is a well known fact that if you get into behavorial troubles in school or can't stay academically acceptable you can transfer to a few schools that will not stop anyone that is good at football from playing. In fact, pity the poor teacher that tries to get school performance out of care-less athletes. The testing at those schools each year tend to proves that there are players that basically can't read nor write.
I am for a statewide level of testing score for all athletes, all sports and all genders. Those that can't pass at an acceptable statewide level cannot just go down the road to a known recruiting school and play ball with no questions asked.
Playing sports ought to be a honor with academic basic levels as a requirement to participate.
Any comments?

I think it has to start WAYYYY before the kid is considered an athlete... it has to start when the student is considered a 'p.e. student' in the 2nd grade or whenever that starts...

The no pass no play rule has helped a buncha of students who struggle with grades get them up quick... they pay attention if they want it bad enough...

Why punish a 14-17 year old for how he acted in the past with his grades... punish him for what he does NOW...

Try harder to help him when he is too young to understand athletics is my opinion...