PDA

View Full Version : Jasper wins, but what a surprise!

twinkle
10-11-2002, 09:59 PM
Jasper won over Kirbyville, but the score was only 14-0. Not sure of details of game, but just gotta believe that there are a lot of surprised Jasper fans. Who'd a thunk it? wink

j_dog
10-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Disappointed, yes. Surprised, no.

Two things. One, Kirbyville has really turned its program around in the past couple years. Two, Jasper needs to get its mind back on the football field, not on hair styles and such.

Bright spot for Jasper if 14-0 is the correct score, it was a shut-out. Jasper could be the defensive giant of 3a if they just set their minds to it.

To Kirbyville fans, congratulations on keeping the game close.

Bulldog92
10-11-2002, 10:46 PM
I don't know if Mitchell played, but when your QB is out, it hurts your offense. At least the defense came up big and kept Kirbyville off the board. Hopefully we're back to full strength next week for Newton or it could be a long night.

whatusay2
10-11-2002, 10:52 PM
14-0 is correct. I heard the offense didn't play its best game. It does seem like off the field distractions are affecting their on the field play. I hope they get it together--FAST! Newton only beat Woodville 26-13, I heard. Maybe both teams were looking ahead to next week, thinking they would blow their opponents away in the first half?

mojjo_1
10-11-2002, 11:14 PM
Jasper played bad and Kirbyville was fired up. Ricky played the second quarter and threw a td pass. Kirbyville had a drive that ate up the rest of 2nd quarter and ended when they fumbled into the end zone. For some reason Jasper kick off both halfs. Kirbyville fumbled the second half kick off and Jasper recovered. A holding penalty cost Jasper 10 and they were short on 4th down. Jasper defense control Kirbyville the rest of the game. Jason handed the ball to Marlon for 49 yds and the other score. I think Ricky QB the last seris of the game.

Chris Hart
10-11-2002, 11:14 PM
Congrats to the Bulldogs of Jasper on another win. I am from central Texas, but even I am looking forward to hearing the outcome of the Jasper and Newton game.