PDA

View Full Version : Grow Up People!!

Ranger Mom
08-01-2005, 02:22 PM
I swear, it seems like every other post on here is a jab about or to someone else.

Many people have complained that the board isn't the same as it used to be.

I have to agree...some of you are so petty and cannot let anything go, you are taking the fun out of this place for others.

I almost wish the "teenages" would have won the poll on the age of posters.....at least it would make a little more sense since they are SUPPOSED to be immature!

I think I will take a break from here for a while.

Please tell Dawgmom that I will send her the flag as soon as it is done.

Ranger05
08-01-2005, 02:26 PM
i took a break from here for about 4 days and now i think im gonna take another break i agree with rangermom 100%

Gsquared
08-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I swear, it seems like every other post on here is a jab about or to someone else.

I have to agree...some of you are so petty and cannot let anything go, you are taking the fun out of this place for others.

I almost wish the "teenages" would have won the poll on the age of posters.....at least it would make a little more sense since they are SUPPOSED to be immature!

I think I will take a break from here for a while.

Please tell Dawgmom that I will send her the flag as soon as it is done.
Gobbla called me a bad word! :devil:

HighSchool Fan
08-01-2005, 02:33 PM
i agree 100%. i always thought this was more than just a plain old message board. i thought of it more of like a family getting together. i guess i was wrong. the last few days we hear stuff like don't let it get to ya it's just a message board, if someone says some something about you or your family, we hear don't worry about it, this is just a message board. people who have been away come back talking smack in their very first post and they're welcomed back with open arms. someone else says the same thing and there's warnings thrown out.

i'm sure this response might be taken out of context by some people, but it's just my opinion.

KTJ
08-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Is there something I don't know about?

LHPM?
HSF?
Talena?

Someone inform me please.

cat dog horse
08-01-2005, 02:41 PM

CHS_CG
08-01-2005, 02:42 PM
one of the others could probably inform you better. i have my own opinions but last time i stated it i got griped out.

44INAROW
08-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Is there something I don't know about?

LHPM?
HSF?
Talena?

Someone inform me please.

Heck, I constantly stay in the dark lol....... sometimes, Ignorance is Bliss :p

Phil C
08-01-2005, 02:48 PM
I KNOWED THIS WAS COMING THE FIRST TIME THAT I SAID THAT THIS WAS A 3A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL WEB SITE AND WE SHOULD STICK TO THAT SUBJECT - BUT NO - EVERYONE POSTED ON OTHER SUBJECTS LIKE BASKETBALL, SOFTBALL, SOCCER, BASEBALL AND EVEN OLD MOVIES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I KNEW IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME! SHAME ON EVERYONE HERE! YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN TO ME THOUGH I PREACHED AND PREACHED! NOW WE HAVE ALL THESE HARD FELLINGS! I KNOWED IT WAS COMING BUT WASN'T HEARD! :mad:

rockdale80
08-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I KNOWED THIS WAS COMING THE FIRST TIME THAT I SAID THAT THIS WAS A 3A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL WEB SITE AND WE SHOULD STICK TO THAT SUBJECT - BUT NO - EVERYONE POSTED ON OTHER SUBJECTS LIKE BASKETBALL, SOFTBALL, SOCCER, BASEBALL AND EVEN OLD MOVIES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I KNEW IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME! SHAME ON EVERYONE HERE! YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN TO ME THOUGH I PREACHED AND PREACHED! NOW WE HAVE ALL THESE HARD FELLINGS! I KNOWED IT WAS COMING BUT WASN'T HEARD! :mad:

Get 'em Godfather....

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2005, 02:51 PM

I agree! The back & forth bickering is sounding like my kids. I bought a t-shirt for one yesterday with a saying that reminds me of some of this - "I'm Multi-Talented.....I can talk and ANNOY you at the same time".

It's getting old. If you don't like another poster, IGNORE them. If you feel compelled to constantly run him/her down, do it in PM. If it's serious enough, get one of the mods involved, but the petty crap needs to stop.

spiveyrat
08-01-2005, 02:55 PM

Don't forget the Tour de France! :D

Boy am I ever glad that's over!

Old Green
08-01-2005, 02:56 PM
I must have missed something??????:confused: Glad i don't pay too much attention to things.

injuredinmelee
08-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Family Reunions are always filled with drama and such too arent they? Or is mione just really dysfunctional?

spiveyrat
08-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Family Reunions are always filled with drama and such too arent they? Or is mione just really dysfunctional?

That's pretty much what my vacation was this summer, a family reunion (mine and in-laws). And that's all it was... drama drama drama from my sister and my sis-in-law. I've vowed never to have a family reunion vacation again! :eek: I wish I could get that week back! :(

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

My husband's family has family reunions every year & they're always full of drama. My side of the family never has a family reunion, we're too dysfunctional for that! ;)

Seriously, many of you feel like my extended family & the downlow does remind me of family get-togethers. The kids get together to play & everything goes fine for awhile. Then one of the kids touches or looks at another kid & all of the sudden, there's a big fight and the moms (and dads) have to step in and tell everyone to get along or go stand in the corner. ;)

JasperDog94
08-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
That's pretty much what my vacation was this summer, a family reunion (mine and in-laws). And that's all it was... drama drama drama from my sister and my sis-in-law. I've vowed never to have a family reunion vacation again! :eek: I wish I could get that week back! :( A week long family reunion?:eek: :eek: :doh:

Ranger05
08-01-2005, 03:50 PM
im glad ours is only a day long

pirate4state
08-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Seriously, many of you feel like my extended family & the downlow does remind me of family get-togethers. The kids get together to play & everything goes fine for awhile. Then one of the kids touches or looks at another kid & all of the sudden, there's a big fight and the moms (and dads) have to step in and tell everyone to get along or go stand in the corner. ;) LMAO!!! :clap: That is greatness!! ITA!! :thumbsup:

Phil C
08-01-2005, 04:17 PM

See you next July spi! :D

BHKrystal06
08-01-2005, 04:19 PM
I agree. That's why I decided not to get into all of these arguments and stuff going on. It's childish.

Phil C
08-01-2005, 04:21 PM

You are right though spi! One of the posters took time off from work so he/she could report live reports as it was happening! And this on a bicycle race!! :eek: :mad:

pirate4state
08-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Please tell Dawgmom that I will send her the flag as soon as it is done. Hey Dawgmom, RM will send you the flag as soon as she is done with it. :devil: :D :D :D

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :p

Mandy
08-01-2005, 04:29 PM
::sigh::

another reason why I take half of you seriously. You all take things here too personally. No offense to you RangerMom OR LH Panther Mom I like you two...

maybe I'm just callous and realize things like this shouldn't be taken seriously to begin with. I mean...it is nothing but a messageboard.

HighSchool Fan
08-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Mandy
...it is nothing but a messageboard.

unfortunatly, i think your right.

actually, you just don't get it. i think most people thought of this as more of a family type board than just a message board. you and your friend come on here talking trash and think that that's okay. we all pretty much consider each other friends and generally try to treat each other that way. you say you like RM and LHPM, well if you would of come on here without calling everyone idiots or stupid or some other name you used. you might of gave youself a chance to find some more friends.

Rangermom and LHPM, i'm sorry for the trouble that i caused today. i just found it offensive the way a couple of posters was calling other posters idiots and other names for no reason at all. it goes back to me thinking of this as a family board, kinda of like big brother taking up for little brother.

Rangermom, we don't want you to leave the board even for a day.

Old Tiger
08-01-2005, 04:58 PM
I don't mean to go against what you say, but what if it's someone that you know on a personal basis or have met and are just joking with them?

HighSchool Fan
08-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I don't mean to go against what you say, but what if it's someone that you know on a personal basis or have met and are just joking with them?

if the name calling was at one person you could see that it way. when it's at whoever says anything in a response to their post, you can see that it's not someone they know on a personal basis.

Old Tiger
08-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Yea...good thing I know sic'em on a personal basis :p j/k

mwynn05
08-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
unfortunatly, i think your right.

actually, you just don't get it. i think most people thought of this as more of a family type board than just a message board. you and your friend come on here talking trash and think that that's okay. we all pretty much consider each other friends and generally try to treat each other that way. you say you like RM and LHPM, well if you would of come on here without calling everyone idiots or stupid or some other name you used. you might of gave youself a chance to find some more friends.

Rangermom and LHPM, i'm sorry for the trouble that i caused today. i just found it offensive the way a couple of posters was calling other posters idiots and other names for no reason at all. it goes back to me thinking of this as a family board, kinda of like big brother taking up for little brother.

Rangermom, we don't want you to leave the board even for a day. im not trying to start on anything but think about what you just said next time AJ does something you dont like/disagree...I need to do the same thing when other people post...

BIGGBROTHER
08-01-2005, 06:04 PM
hey everybody
man
sparked a little hatred
things havent changed from last year
the whole cameron thing had nothing to do
with well anyone
but yoefnshow
it was fun bantar from last year
yoe saying all this stuff about hutto is worthless
we shouldnt risk injury playing them, it will be a cake walk
stuff like that
so yeah we fluffed a few feathers and strutted
it felt good to have someone talk smack and then be showed the crow plate special
it was between us this sicem cat comes in talkin
so i talk back and between me and him it was all cool
everyone else jumps in because they feel left out
MOST ANNOYING Ill take that title
most annoying people are recognized and titled annoying
because people have an intense feeling to respond
so sorry for mandy i have to apologize the whole idiot thing is pretty harsh
ill thump her head and tell her no
treat the light armored people with respect
most annoying
hehehe
and im right most of the time
buahahahahahahahahahaha

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by BIGGBROTHER
MOST ANNOYING Ill take that title
most annoying
hehehe
and im right most of the time
buahahahahahahahahahaha

I take back what I said & you now have the title, since you asked for it. :p ;)

HighSchool Fan
08-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
im not trying to start on anything but think about what you just said next time AJ does something you dont like/disagree...I need to do the same thing when other people post...

i know what i said, i said we pretty much all, i didn't say completely all of us. i also said alot was started for no reason at all. again, aj has burned enough bridges from enough people, that is why he get's talked about. it's totally 2 different things.

Mandy
08-01-2005, 07:17 PM

if he get's that I atleast get MOST HONEST boardie...or boardie to return back from the banpark...

hehe

i'm the rebel of this board... <3

Gobbla2001
08-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Gobbla called me a bad word! :devil:

I have a few more for you if you'd like... you sea-chicken feedin' friend of mine...

Etexpirate
08-01-2005, 09:04 PM
My fault too...:(

I got huffy with the guy that's always trashing the softball girls that choose to play travel ball.. I shouldn't have called him an idiot.. That wasn't very family like and what in the heck was I doing talking about softball scholarships on a football board???
Have I lost my mind??:eek:

I'm sorry.. I'll be nice...

sinton66
08-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Etexpirate
My fault too...:(

I got huffy with the guy that's always trashing the softball girls that choose to play travel ball.. I shouldn't have called him an idiot.. That wasn't very family like and what in the heck was I doing talking about softball scholarships on a football board???
Have I lost my mind??:eek:

I'm sorry.. I'll be nice...

:D

sicem74
08-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Yea...good thing I know sic'em on a personal basis :p j/k
lol funny funny!

AggieJohn
08-01-2005, 09:54 PM
while we are all making confessions right now, i am truly sorry for being an arse the other day scott, my bad

i think you misunderstand half the things that i say and i'm sorry for that, that's my fault for not getting my point clearly across

Gobbla2001
08-01-2005, 10:01 PM

Whoa, just noticed your avatar, what in the heck is that???

HighSchool Fan
08-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
while we are all making confessions right now, i am truly sorry for being an arse the other day scott, my bad

i think you misunderstand half the things that i say and i'm sorry for that, that's my fault for not getting my point clearly across

ya know what, i'm sure i'm gonna look like the bad guy here, but when one says what you did, i can't forgive you. you can call me what you want, that doesn't really bother me, but when you bring my kids up in the argument, then you've crossed a line that you can't get back over with me.

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Whoa, just noticed your avatar, what in the heck is that???

It actually (to me, anyway), symbolizes the 4-headed monster. I'm a little behind on my Greek mythology, so I don't know the story, but Cerberus (the dude) is our QB holding the reigns of Vallejo (3-headed monster), our TB, HB & FB.

Gobbla2001
08-01-2005, 10:25 PM
ahhhh... I see, must have missed that... cool

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
ahhhh... I see, must have missed that... cool

Thank you! :) I had the same pic, just sized differently, last year part of the season for my sig. As soon as I get a new football pic of # 55, he'll take over that spot, but I did want to do honors to our Varsity.

slpybear the bullfan
08-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Hmmm... looks like a bare-chested hunk is required to show pictures of dogs! ;)

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Hmmm... looks like a bare-chested hunk

Well, there is that. :D

Ranger05
08-02-2005, 12:43 AM
ya know what, i'm sure i'm gonna look like the bad guy here, but when one says what you did, i can't forgive you. you can call me what you want, that doesn't really bother me, but when you bring my kids up in the argument, then you've crossed a line that you can't get back over with me. i agree HSF when he brought up ur kids in a argument that is crossing the line and u dont look like the bad guy to me

SINTON81
08-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Can someone fill me in? I missed the family fued. You know, who hates who and said what to who? Thats why it's good to be the quiet one in the family, like me.:D :D

sinton66
08-02-2005, 10:07 AM
In my humble opinion, I think RM is right. It does seem as if everyone is wearing their feelings on their shirtsleeves lately.
I think it would benefit all of us to read what we write before we post it, and read it from the viewpoint of the recipient. This software offers the opportunity to preview your posts before you post it, might be a good idea to start using it.

Personal attacks are not fun or funny. They are ignorant and inconsiderate. We could eliminate all that by restricting all topics to football related issues, but the board would become very boring in the process. We like this board the way it is. We like the family orientation and intend to keep it that way.

We want intelligence and wit from our posters, not cut-downs and insults. ANY moron can do that. It takes special people to form a community and keep it alive. That's what we've done here. That's what we want here.

lostaussie
08-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
In my humble opinion, I think RM is right. It does seem as if everyone is wearing their feelings on their shirtsleeves lately.
I think it would benefit all of us to read what we write before we post it, and read it from the viewpoint of the recipient. This software offers the opportunity to preview your posts before you post it, might be a good idea to start using it.

Personal attacks are not fun or funny. They are ignorant and inconsiderate. We could eliminate all that by restricting all topics to football related issues, but the board would become very boring in the process. We like this board the way it is. We like the family orientation and intend to keep it that way.

We want intelligence and wit from our posters, not cut-downs and insults. ANY moron can do that. It takes special people to form a community and keep it alive. That's what we've done here. That's what we want here. your humble opinion is very wise.

AggieJohn
08-02-2005, 10:43 AM
yeah i'd pretty much say we have all acted shameful this weekend, attribute it too lack of football

pirate44
08-02-2005, 11:09 AM
yeah i'd pretty much say we have all acted shameful this weekend, attribute it too lack of football
im not sure i know what you mean by "all"

AggieJohn
08-02-2005, 11:12 AM
those guilty is what i mean

pirate44
08-02-2005, 11:40 AM
those guilty is what i mean
i agree 100%. those who are guilty are all guilty of it.:thumbsup: :D

AggieJohn
08-02-2005, 11:59 AM
is that avatar you?

pirate44
08-02-2005, 12:00 PM
is that avatar you?
me almost have my life ago. :D i didnt want it to be bigger in my sig, because i have seen what some of our posters can do to a photo in photoshop. i think its the right size.

sinton66
08-02-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i have seen what some of our posters can do to a photo in photoshop. i think its the right size.

WISDOM beyond your years, my friend.:D

AggieJohn
08-02-2005, 12:21 PM
too funny

spiveyrat
08-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
WISDOM beyond your years, my friend.:D

For engineers and Jedi hopefuls, foresight just comes with the territory. :D :thumbsup:

Phil C
08-02-2005, 02:47 PM
I may not have the book learning that some of you have but I ain't short on common sense and I knowed that once we talked on other things besides 3A High School Football that we was in for trouble eventually. I know that even in with football coming there will be some that will get off the subject. It is human nature and you can get this confirmed by all them there long bearded college professors that you listen to. :mad:

pirate44
08-02-2005, 02:52 PM
I may not have the book learning that some of you have but I ain't short on common sense and I knowed that once we talked on other things besides 3A High School Football that we was in for trouble eventually. I know that even in with football coming there will be some that will get off the subject. It is human nature and you can get this confirmed by all them there long bearded college professors that you listen to. :mad:
i think it's spelt L-A-R-N-I-N

Phil C
08-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i think it's spelt L-A-R-N-I-N

thank you for the corections. I don't mind constructive critism. But i do feell we should make the effort to larn and keep good gramer and spelling on here as best we can. But still comon sence rules!
:D

TheDOCTORdre
08-02-2005, 05:29 PM
I dont really know whats been going on on the board here as of lately but I blame myself... if I had been on the board more often this summer and given my daily Doctor's Order people would have been a little more happy with the little peace of wisdom that I give each day. Sorry guys

44INAROW
08-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I dont really know whats been going on on the board here as of lately but I blame myself... if I had been on the board more often this summer and given my daily Doctor's Order people would have been a little more happy with the little peace of wisdom that I give each day. Sorry guys

so, are you going to be giving us daily Dr's orders now? :)

SintonFan
08-03-2005, 12:03 AM
I've seen this same thing happen to different degrees every year for the last three years.
It'll probably get worse as time moves us closer toward the season's start. Groups form in the playoffs and the off-season. Loners stay away(unless they are homesick or sick :kiss: ) from the groups and try to pick off the very young, wounded and lagging. The older more experienced tend to ignore such behavior or give a quick bonk on the head.(Stupid Discovery Channel!)
Visitors register just before the beginning of the season and test the established posters and moderators mettle. Many from the individual packs, herds, brood, flocks, gaggle, schools and/or whatever group the certain affiliation is composed of "sheds" their dead-weight.
By the time football playoffs roll around each rabble-rouser has been eliminated from their perspective "group" or the downlow. The technique in which this happens depends on where they lie in their respective geographic cities/areas of Texas(because some won't police their own cussing and stuff). The playoffs get more lively with high feelings from everywhere supporting each areas, then each regions hope for a title. It's a HOOT!
Anyway, the best time to know about 3A high school is from now toward December.
The best time to discover what this site is all about is from May- August. It's a yearly growing pain that any place will go through. As with any Family, growing pains are a part of life.
“Hakuna Matata” or is it "Circle of life"...
stupid me...

pirate44
08-03-2005, 06:19 AM
i jsut thought it was kids being kids. :D
great insight though.:thumbsup:

sinton66
08-03-2005, 08:47 AM
SintonFan is right. We have gone thru this all four of the years I have been here. The people who have found a home here tend to band together and help protect the site. We are very grateful for that. It is what has made 3A Downlow the best football board anywhere. For me, it is summed up in our mission statement.

raider red 2000
08-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

Anyway, the best time to know about 3A high school is from now toward December.
The best time to discover what this site is all about is from May- August. It's a yearly growing pain that any place will go through. As with any Family, growing pains are a part of life.
“Hakuna Matata” or is it "Circle of life"...
stupid me...

hakuna matata works---it means no worries.
circle of life is good too--- the board goes through changes....sometimes better sometimes worse.

raider red 2000
08-03-2005, 09:41 AM

aggie john- you are supposed to be my arch nemesis because of the schools we have chosen to attend, but i totally agree with you....WE NEED SOME FOOTBALL.

AggieJohn
08-03-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
aggie john- you are supposed to be my arch nemesis because of the schools we have chosen to attend, but i totally agree with you....WE NEED SOME FOOTBALL.
yes but not in dallas

Phil C
08-03-2005, 09:51 AM
I knew all this shameful conduct that you all exhibited was coming because you all got on other topics besides 3A High School Football! I preached and warned! Of course I am not an I told you so person so I won't say any more right now! Shame for Shame for Shame. :mad:

pirate4state
08-03-2005, 09:53 AM
I knew all this shameful conduct that you all exhibited was coming because you all got on other topics besides 3A High School Football! I preached and warned! Of course I am not an I told you so person so I won't say any more right now! Shame for Shame for Shame. :mad: :o for shame, indeed! :D

Etexpirate
08-03-2005, 10:00 AM
I found this site during the Softball playoffs.. I have found some common ground with a few folks, yet I really can't contribute in anyway about football. But I am oddly attracted to the quirky yet family atmosphere that the regulars seem to have. I lurk everyday WAY more than I ever post..as again..I feel I have nothing to contribute....yet! But in no way do I not feel welcome.

I run barrel racing website and message board(www.barrelhorseworld.com) and we have over 4000 registered users.. And at first I was always amazed at the folks that would drop by just to stir the pot.. or the ones that join up and then seem to just want attention..either negative or needy. Then there are the ones that say they never seem to feel a part of the 'group" and feel left out. I was always baffeled by those comments as I felt we have a warm and welcoming board..

But what I think I failed to realize until I started hanging out here, is that the core group on these boards are very comfortable with each other. You know each others personalities and boundries and it sometimes can feel exclusionary to newcomers.. I encourage new members on our board to just keep posting and eventually they will find common ground and become comfortable and loyal to the theme and basic purpose of the board.. So that's what I do here.. I try not to irritate the "Football Loyalists"... and apologize for defending Softballs honor on occasion. Sometimes I think I shouldn't post here..but I find myself coming back everyday..if for nothing else to see what Phil has pontificated on ..or how sicem creatively spelled "Cat".

ok..my .2 worth.. so..back in my Softball cave I go!
:inlove:

Phil C
08-03-2005, 10:06 AM
I found this site during the Softball playoffs.. I have found some common ground with a few folks, yet I really can't contribute in anyway about football. But I am oddly attracted to the quirky yet family atmosphere that the regulars seem to have. I lurk everyday WAY more than I ever post..as again..I feel I have nothing to contribute....yet! But in no way do I not feel welcome.

I run barrel racing website and message board(www.barrelhorseworld.com) and we have over 4000 registered users.. And at first I was always amazed at the folks that would drop by just to stir the pot.. or the ones that join up and then seem to just want attention..either negative or needy. Then there are the ones that say they never seem to feel a part of the 'group" and feel left out. I was always baffeled by those comments as I felt we have a warm and welcoming board..

But what I think I failed to realize until I started hanging out here, is that the core group on these boards are very comfortable with each other. You know each others personalities and boundries and it sometimes can feel exclusionary to newcomers.. I encourage new members on our board to just keep posting and eventually they will find common ground and become comfortable and loyal to the theme and basic purpose of the board.. So that's what I do here.. I try not to irritate the "Football Loyalists"... and apologize for defending Softballs honor on occasion. Sometimes I think I shouldn't post here..but I find myself coming back everyday..if for nothing else to see what Phil has pontificated on ..or how sicem creatively spelled "Cat".

Don't be a stranger! And keep us informed of your softball and barrellhorse news! The more variety the better! I haven't been able to find out how CAT and the Team USA did against Japan in the Sandei series though.

pirate4state
08-03-2005, 10:07 AM

:clap: Good post! :thumbsup:

District303aPastPlayer
08-03-2005, 10:09 AM
very well said everyone....

welcome to the 3A DL confession thread.... please air it out for us...

AggieJohn
08-03-2005, 10:12 AM
i'm dr. drew

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Sometimes I think I shouldn't post here..but I find myself coming back everyday..if for nothing else to see what Phil has pontificated on ..or how sicem creatively spelled "Cat".

That's greatness! :clap: :clap: :D

My feeling is that one does not have to have great (or any, for that matter) knowledge of football. All can contribute in their own way. I have learned much about 3a football across the state during my time & I've also learned about some great folks. :)

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
very well said everyone....

welcome to the 3A DL confession thread.... please air it out for us...

This one time, at band camp....... ;)

maverick1
08-03-2005, 10:17 AM
and apologize for defending Softballs honor on occasion. I don't mind seeing an occasional texas high school softball post (like playoffs, state champs, all state, etc), but when updates are constantly shoved down our throats about under 19 overseas tournanamets and things of that nature when we're out of the high school season, it gets kind of tedious.

District303aPastPlayer
08-03-2005, 10:20 AM

i knew something was different about you...

HighSchool Fan
08-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by maverick1
I don't mind seeing an occasional texas high school softball post (like playoffs, state champs, all state, etc), but when updates are constantly shoved down our throats about under 19 overseas tournanamets and things of that nature when we're out of the high school season, it gets kind of tedious.

i don't recall anyone shoving anything down anyones throat. just don't click a thread if ya don't wanna read it.

HighSchool Fan
08-03-2005, 10:26 AM

you played the flute also??

District303aPastPlayer
08-03-2005, 10:28 AM

i guess you could call it that, lol

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2005, 10:30 AM

Flute & piccolo. :D

Etexpirate
08-03-2005, 10:32 AM
I played the drums.. I wasn't into blowing anything...
:cool:

HighSchool Fan
08-03-2005, 10:36 AM

is everyone else holding back a comment on this also :thinking:

AggieJohn
08-03-2005, 10:37 AM
YEP:D

44INAROW
08-03-2005, 10:38 AM
is everyone else holding back a comment on this also :thinking:

I've started a reply 3 times, lol but my better judgement is taking control at this time :D

District303aPastPlayer
08-03-2005, 10:40 AM

ill go for it...

so you'd rather beat than blow?

Etexpirate
08-03-2005, 10:42 AM
oh heck...:(
See?? I did it again.. I stuck my foot in my mouth on this board!!
I will never make new friends with comments like that!!

I guess I blew it...
;)

District303aPastPlayer
08-03-2005, 10:43 AM
oh heck...:(
See?? I did it again.. I stuck my foot in my mouth on this board!!
I will never make new friends with comments like that!!

I guess I blew it...
;)

i think you'll be around for a while...

CHS_CG
08-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
ill go for it...

so you'd rather beat than blow?

whoa, AARON!

Phil C
08-03-2005, 10:54 AM
Guitar man myself (somewhat!) but they didn't need the guitar in the band. :)

YBS
08-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Phil, I guess you're into picking and plucking then?

I like this board. It's been one of my first and favs. I talked a lil' trash with a lotta people last year when Jasper was in the playoffs, and was extremely heated after Jasper lost to Gilmer but I think there's a strong mutual respect Gilmer and Jasper have for each other after that game. :eek: I just wanna see us all go back to slyly dancing around a way to talk trash about each other's teams w/o really p#$$ing anybody off :doh:

lostaussie
08-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by YBS
Phil, I guess you're into picking and plucking then?

I like this board. It's been one of my first and favs. I talked a lil' trash with a lotta people last year when Jasper was in the playoffs, and was extremely heated after Jasper lost to Gilmer but I think there's a strong mutual respect Gilmer and Jasper have for each other after that game. :eek: I just wanna see us all go back to slyly dancing around a way to talk trash about each other's teams w/o really p#$$ing anybody off :doh:

i wasn't on this board at the time of this game (and i really hate that), but i can assure all jasper fans that this buckeye has a tremendous amount of respect for that program. i certainly hope that feeling goes both ways. also there is a message board that is alot closer to myself (smoaky) that i chose not to be associated with, just because of all the trash talking. there seems to be quite a bit of humbleness with the majority of the posters on this board, and i for one like the different topic matter, though i'm sure that it will focus more on football as the season nears.

j_dog
08-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i wasn't on this board at the time of this game (and i really hate that), but i can assure all jasper fans that this buckeye has a tremendous amount of respect for that program. i certainly hope that feeling goes both ways. ....
The respect certainly does go both ways. Both Jasper and Gilmer prove year after year that it really is not only how many starters return that make for a good season. Having a good program and a winning tradition also is important. Of course, there are many other good programs around that do the same thing.