PDA

View Full Version : maverick1

Gobbla2001
08-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Don't wanna get the arguement started all over again, but I'd like to inform you that I never saw the first time the picture was posted... was it this weekend? Until last night after 10 p.m., I had not been online since lunch-time Friday... but even if it were posted before, I didn't see it... sorry I don't read everything...

But now that I do know it, I still see it as a bad picture, disclaimer or not... there is a message on there no matter what excuse is given for its use... I feel strongly about this subject and hate the picture...

fair enough? double standard still?

HighSchool Fan
08-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I feel strongly ...

speaking of feeling strongly, i think that the 1974 in your sig shoud not be in gold. i don't remember, but i'm sure gainesville should of won that game :D

Gobbla2001
08-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Ha, nah... I have less of those years in gold as it is, gunna keep it like that

Old Green
08-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
speaking of feeling strongly, i think that the 1974 in your sig shoud not be in gold. i don't remember, but i'm sure gainesville should of won that game :D 19-7:confused: :D funny story about the Cuero - Gainesville game.I was home on leave from the Army. A bunch of my classmates and I were sitting apart from the crowd so we could talk and raise H.... This lone guy from Gainesville comes over to our side of the stadium talking trash. At the time Cuero was ahead 7 - 0. David Hill had just scored on a 75 yard run. This guy tells us that was the last time Cuero would score.

well some of us made bets that he escaped from an Insane asylum and that we would go a step further that David Hill would score on the next possesion. We finalized the bet and everyone settled on a $50 apiece. We showed our money, but he didn't. Well, Cuero's next possesion David Hill breaks lose for a 76 yd. td. While we're celebrating the TD the guy from Gainesville is bounding across the Stadium as fast as he can to escape from MV, RS, and AT. They never caught him. Fastest guy in the stadium that night for Gainesville. Too bad he wasn't on the field though. He could have helped ya'll out.:devil: :D

KTJ
08-01-2005, 02:34 PM
I had an unlce or two on that team.

My dad was a junior and my mom was a sophomore during the '74 season.

44INAROW
08-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

My dad was a junior and my mom was a sophomore during the '74 season.

You're mom and I are the same age :D

Old Green
08-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

My dad was a junior and my mom was a sophomore during the '74 season. That's cool. What positions did they Play ?