PDA

View Full Version : Does this make me a redneck???

lepfan
07-31-2005, 01:27 AM
I just attended my first demolition derby...and had a blast!

These guys up here ALMOST take this stuff as serious as Friday Night Football in Texas.

Old Tiger
07-31-2005, 01:49 AM
It just makes you more of one :p

turbostud
07-31-2005, 09:18 AM
This makes you a redneck. I attended these races when I lived in Miami Beach "Before the turn of the Century". :D

Swamp Buggy Races (http://www.swampbuggy.com/history.htm)

Future Race Dates (http://www.swampbuggy.com/dates.htm)

lostaussie
07-31-2005, 09:23 AM
yea, i think you are there. i used to love watching those on tv, but they just don't seem to have them anymore.

Ranger Mom
07-31-2005, 09:35 AM
Lepfan, they used to have them between Midland and Odessa at Twin Cities Speedway.

I went to one and remember that the old station wagon that won had a big Captain Crunch Man on the top of the car, strapped on to the luggage rack!:D

espn1
07-31-2005, 11:06 AM
They have'em every year in Burnet.

44INAROW
07-31-2005, 12:34 PM
We used to go to them all the time when I was in highschool.. When I was pregnant with my 1st son, we went to the Tractor Pull in Houston. I had never heard of it, actually thought my hubby was taking me somewhere "special" to make me feel better since I was waddling like a duck.. anyway.. it was at the Astrodome.. I got sick as a dog..... all the fumes from those big tractors just kept floating up to the top (where our wonderful CHEAP seats were) After the tractors did their thing, we got to watch the demolition derby.. Those people take that stuff serious :rolleyes:

lepfan
07-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Those people take that stuff serious :rolleyes:

Yes they do! You should see the passion these guys have with building and running the cars. It was fun. I have to confess...I helped paint graffiti (spelling?) on my son's friends station wagon.

Surely I won't turn to rednecky before I get out of SW Kansas! ;)

robbo93
07-31-2005, 08:32 PM
"You might be a redneck if you go to a demolition derby and enjoy it":thinking:

GreenMonster
07-31-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by espn1
They have'em every year in Burnet.

That's cool and all ESPN1, but dude, get your daughter off of your sig. That's just wrong to put her on display like that.

espn1
07-31-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
That's cool and all ESPN1, but dude, get your daughter off of your sig. That's just wrong to put her on display like that.
That's my wife.

sicem74
07-31-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
lol dude thats messed up jus wrong man