PDA

View Full Version : Tailback Noel Devine enrolls at Prosper High School

jason
07-30-2005, 08:50 PM
from the Dallas Morning News website:
By DAMON L. SAYLES / The Dallas Morning News

Highly touted Florida prep running back Noel Devine is now a Prosper High School student.

Prosper football coach and athletic director John Pease said Devine, an incoming junior who attended North Fort Myers (Fla.) High School, enrolled at Prosper on Friday. Devine (5-8, 170) received national attention after former Cowboys cornerback Deion Sanders expressed his desire to adopt him and move him to Prosper, which is north of Frisco.

"He's enrolled. He came in today and tried on equipment," Pease said. "He was all smiles."

Devine enrolled at Prosper the same day a report in a Florida newspaper said he was having second thoughts about moving, according to friends. Devine had been living with the family of Robert Harlow Sr., whose son, Robert Jr., played football with Devine.

Devine's legal guardian is his grandmother, Lee Bertha Thomas, and Pease said Thomas gave Sanders custody. Both of Devine's parents are deceased.

Devine could not be reached for comment.

Sanders flew into Florida to pick up Devine, but Lee County officials were called Thursday night to investigate a claim that Devine did not want to leave with Sanders. Deputies checked on Devine's safety, which upset Sanders.

"We were sitting around his grandmother's house having dinner, and the police called," Sanders told The News-Press of southwest Florida. "The grandmother is his legal guardian. How can you kidnap someone from their legal guardian?"

"[Sanders] didn't kidnap the kid. And they wouldn't have let him go if he was wrong," Pease added. "Deion's not going to do anything to jeopardize this."

At North Fort Myers, Devine rushed for 2,700 yards and scored more than 30 touchdowns in his first two varsity seasons.

The News-Press reported Friday that a hearing regarding Devine's guardianship status would take place at 9 a.m. Monday at the Lee County Courthouse in Fort Myers. The hearing will discuss Sanders becoming Devine's legal guardian. Harlow Sr., however, also wants custody, according to the report in The News-Press.

Pease said Devine's first practice at Prosper is expected to be Aug. 8.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

i know this has come up, but with speculation...it is official now...

KTJ
07-30-2005, 09:08 PM
First black person at Prosper? Ever?

Ladykat5
07-30-2005, 09:56 PM
hahahaha

AggieJohn
07-30-2005, 11:01 PM
this guys is the incarnate barry sanders

dutchman
07-31-2005, 04:00 AM
Noel Devine Pictures and Video clips from Sunshine Preps

Noel Devine Pictures and Video Clip from Sunshine Preps (http://sunshinepreps.net/content/view/56/0/)

Haunta Yo
07-31-2005, 08:09 AM
He came in today and tried on equipment

Keep talkin it up to the DMN...
District opponents worth their salt will be all over that quote.

3afan
07-31-2005, 09:08 AM
Prosper will be 3A next realignment ...

VWG
07-31-2005, 11:11 AM
When will the new school in Tioga open up?
These kids used to attend Pilot Point.

Matthew328
07-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Sunshinepreps has some good highlights but there is one run that they don't have that is on rivals and it is the most amazing run I have ever see..

Prosper's opponents may be all over the quote but this kid is special he will be real hard to stop on the 2A level

Matthew328
07-31-2005, 12:21 PM
Actually his highlight of that run is on this site for free.....it's about a minute in he takes a screen pass 90 yards and breaks about 12 tackles.....its unreal

http://www.noeldevine.net/

AggieJohn
07-31-2005, 12:56 PM
this is a better video (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Noel%20Devine%20Hurricane%20Remix%20Lo wRes)

Old Tiger
07-31-2005, 12:57 PM
good luck

jason
07-31-2005, 01:38 PM
those videos show a lot of good moves, lots of great balance and a TON of HORRIBLE tackling....

he definitely has talent, but im thinking the talent levels he will play against in texas will be superior to that of the teams he played in florida....id almost like to see him go to a big 5A like slc or abilene or somewhere like that.....

c-town_balla
07-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by jason
[b]
Pease said Devine's first practice at Prosper is expected to be Aug. 8.

Why would he not practice until then? 2a starts when we do.

jason
07-31-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Why would he not practice until then? 2a starts when we do. maybe he's holding out until the terms of his contract are settled....:D

nah, he prolly needs to move all the rest of his things from florida or something personal like that....

Matthew328
07-31-2005, 08:48 PM
I believe the talent level he played against in Florida was equal to Texas Class 3A...North Ft Meyers is a 4A school in Florida....

I do think there was some bad tackling in that video....but sometimes great RB's can make defenses look bad....this kid is the real deal...schools like Miami, Florida State, Georgia, Michigan and Pitt wouldn't be interested in him if he wasn't he instantly makes Prosper a contender in my eyes

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Ok, I watched all the videos on this kid. It's official, this kid is a FREAK!!!

Makes me want to go watch a few Prosper HS games this season just to watch this kid run.

*sigh* only if Port Isabel had some high profile current/former NFL players living in town who would adopt kids with talent like Noel Devine, and have them play for the Tarpons. How the hell did Prosper get so lucky?:confused:

KTJ
08-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Prosper got so lucky because Deion built his house there a while back. I believe he was building it when I was a senior in high school, so it's been there since the beginning of 2000. (It's right off of Preston Rd. if i'm not mistaken.)