PDA

View Full Version : This is Great News!!

Ranger Mom
07-30-2005, 10:23 AM
CANTON, Texas (AP) - The Canton High School football coach authorities believe was shot by a player's father hopes to be on the sideline when preseason practice begins Monday.

Gary Joe Kinne said Wednesday he is "not completely healed,'' and that he still needs to be cleared by his doctors before he can resume coaching duties.

"My plans are to be there,'' Kinne told The Associated Press in a telephone interview late Wednesday.

Kinne was in critical condition after he was gunned down in the school's athletic field house in April. Jeffrey Robertson, whose son played freshman football at Canton, is accused of shooting Kinne in the abdomen.

Kinne said he could not discuss details of the incident because of the pending trial. A trial date has not been scheduled.

Robertson is being held in the Upshur County Jail, charged with first-degree felony assault.

PhiI C
07-30-2005, 10:41 AM
That is great news indeed. We are glad that he is doing so well. Of course he needs to follow the doctor's orders and not try anything until he is given the ok.

CHS_CG
07-30-2005, 10:43 AM
great news! glad to hear hes getting better!:clap:

44INAROW
07-30-2005, 11:34 AM
That is wonderful news :)

HighSchool Fan
07-30-2005, 11:39 AM
that's great. think of the motivation them kids will have this season. good luck to them

lostaussie
07-30-2005, 02:48 PM
i wonder why suspect is being held in upshur county. thats where i stay. shooting took place in van zandt county about an hour west. maybe they felt the guys safety was in jeopardy. anyway, geat news to hear coach kinne will be ready to go. good luck too him.

Maroon87
07-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
that's great. think of the motivation them kids will have this season. good luck to them

No kidding HSF...the coach comes back from near death to coach again the next season. How could anyone question his commitment to succeed? Obviously he didn't intend for it to be this way, but that is the ultimate "life lesson" that his players can learn from.:clap: What's a 14-point deficit in the 4th quarter after you've been through that?