PDA

View Full Version : thanks for the support

AggieJohn
07-29-2005, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
It is the only way he can get any attention on here....

ROM him!!!

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
This is the 3rd birthday he's had in about 3 weeks. :rolleyes: He does the same thing all the time. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by pirate44
3 years old. that sounds about right.

Would you ROM AggieJohn
You have already voted on this poll.
Yes!
58.82%

Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
just think, if the mods could be bought off, it wouldn't be close anymore.

Glad to know the "3adlfamily" exists:rolleyes:

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-29-2005, 03:35 AM
i voted no. i think alot of the stuff you put is funny and i know its all in fun. the birthday thing is kinda like dave chappelle makin fun of lil john since its so repetative and just when you think it will stop it goes on 10 more times or so. i also know your a good kind hearted Aggie most of the time and mean no harm, im sure im not the only one who sees this. everyone keep in mind im an avid UT supporter. (but i also like the AGGIES)

Old Green
07-29-2005, 04:47 AM
I voted NO ! AJ is humorous. Plus he moved to Coastal Bend Area.:D

pirate44
07-29-2005, 06:04 AM
acting like a kid is one thing, but acting like a kid 90% of the time is crazy. dont start tearing up and playing the "poor me" card. i dont want you rommed no more than i want you to be so childish(i voted no). once again we have a thread thats is created by you, about you, and to play on peoples sympathies.

Phil C
07-29-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
I voted NO ! AJ is humorous. Plus he moved to Coastal Bend Area.:D

I agree with you Old.

rockdale80
07-29-2005, 09:10 AM
acting like a kid is one thing, but acting like a kid 90% of the time is crazy. dont start tearing up and playing the "poor me" card. i dont want you rommed no more than i want you to be so childish(i voted no). once again we have a thread thats is created by you, about you, and to play on peoples sympathies.

:clap: :clap: except I voted yes...

LH Panther Mom
07-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Glad to know the "3adlfamily" exists:rolleyes:

You know, if one of my children wanted to have 3 birthdays in a short period of time, I'd ignore them too. :p

pirate44
07-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You know, if one of my children wanted to have 3 birthdays in a short period of time, I'd ignore them too. :p
if i acted the way AJ does, my 3 brothers would have bloodied my nose. and my dad would have whooped my back side.

District303aPastPlayer
07-29-2005, 09:20 AM
if i acted the way AJ does, my 3 brothers would have bloodied my nose. and my dad would have whooped my back side.

:eek:

Bandera YaYa
07-29-2005, 09:20 AM
Being in a family is a two-way commitment...........

Gobbla2001
07-29-2005, 12:14 PM
I think a lot of people are looking down on the current AggieJohn because of how the old AJ acted... all of the UT bashing type stuff got a little old etc... now he just acts like any of us act, we all post pointless crap every now and then... I do, sometimes funny, sometimes not so funny...

Let the old AJ go and realize that there are about 50 people on here, including myself and some of you as well who have earned the same treatment you give him...

Ranger Mom
07-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I think a lot of people are looking down on the current AggieJohn because of how the old AJ acted... all of the UT bashing type stuff got a little old etc... now he just acts like any of us act, we all post pointless crap every now and then... I do, sometimes funny, sometimes not so funny...

Let the old AJ go and realize that there are about 50 people on here, including myself and some of you as well who have earned the same treatment you give him...

Very well said!! AJ can be annoying, you can be annoying and I can be annoying. I can't even say anything about "pointless crap"....I am probably guiltier of it than most!

The only problem I ever had with AJ was when he didn't fulfill his bet with Jason. We talked it over and he left the board on a "self-imposed" ROM to fulfill the bet! The College bashing gets a little tiresome, IMO...but no more so than the AJ bashing!!

rockdale80
07-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

Give me a break....Nothing has changed. And he deserves everything he gets.

HighSchool Fan
07-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The College bashing gets a little tiresome, IMO...but no more so than the AJ bashing!!

there is where the problem lies, he does his bashing of things but if someone says something to or about him all hell breaks loose. it's like the saying everyone always says, if you can't take it, then don't dish it.

lostaussie
07-29-2005, 02:29 PM
excuse my ignorance, but what does "rom" mean? i don't think i want to be that.

rockdale80
07-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
excuse my ignorance, but what does "rom" mean? i don't think i want to be that.

Read Only Member...meaning he can't post. Which would be awesome!

lostaussie
07-29-2005, 02:34 PM
thank you for helping wipe out my ignorance.

Hupernikomen
07-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Very well said!! AJ can be annoying, you can be annoying and I can be annoying. I can't even say anything about "pointless crap"....I am probably guiltier of it than most!

The only problem I ever had with AJ was when he didn't fulfill his bet with Jason. We talked it over and he left the board on a "self-imposed" ROM to fulfill the bet! The College bashing gets a little tiresome, IMO...but no more so than the AJ bashing!!

The deal with Jason has obviously tainted my view on AJ because now everything he does just gets under my skin. Had him blocked for awhile, but he showed up in every thread I would click on and "thought" he might actually be adding something intelligent to a converstation. I was wrong. Pretty sad when a grown person has to do everything they can to bring attention to themselves.

AggieJohn
07-30-2005, 12:35 AM
i don't understand how one can bring attention to themselves on a message board...wouldn't everytime that you post mean that you are bringing attention to yourself, in that case, sinton66, quit bringing attention to yourself

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2005, 06:50 AM
i don't understand how one can bring attention to themselves on a message board...wouldn't everytime that you post mean that you are bringing attention to yourself, in that case, sinton66, quit bringing attention to yourself

You really don't get it, do you? :confused:

CHS_CG
07-30-2005, 08:24 AM
IMO(which usually doesnt mean anything to some of you) everybody on this board does some bashing at some point, no matter if its college, person, animal (no sheep jokes scott!) AJ is right about some things, everybody tries to bring attention to theselves on this board. I can name a few that do it MORE then AJ does but I wont. Yes, AJ didnt finish out his "sentance" of his bet with jason, BIG DEAL that was like a year or more ago, if you people cant get over that, then some of you need to take a step back and look at yourself in a mirror. Trust me I have forgave a lot of people this past week for crap they have done or said to or about me! Life is too damn short to hate somebody bc they didnt finish out a bet or can be annoying! Yes it does say something about his character but guess what, the way some of you treat other people on here says A LOT more!

HighSchool Fan
07-30-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
IMO(which usually doesnt mean anything to some of you) everybody on this board does some bashing at some point, no matter if its college, person, animal (no sheep jokes scott!) AJ is right about some things, everybody tries to bring attention to theselves on this board. I can name a few that do it MORE then AJ does but I wont. Yes, AJ didnt finish out his "sentance" of his bet with jason, BIG DEAL that was like a year or more ago, if you people cant get over that, then some of you need to take a step back and look at yourself in a mirror. Trust me I have forgave a lot of people this past week for crap they have done or said to or about me! Life is too damn short to hate somebody bc they didnt finish out a bet or can be annoying! Yes it does say something about his character but guess what, the way some of you treat other people on here says A LOT more!

people make their own beds, they should have to lie in them. people can't have it both ways. if someone is gonna talk the talk, they need to be able to accept what is said back to them without whinning and playing the pity card.

KTJ
07-30-2005, 09:25 AM
I'll post a response to this thread later on tonight when I get home because I don't have time to type the whole thing out. And oh yes, you better believe I have a reply that is going to be worthy of at least a blue ribbon award.

HighSchool Fan
07-30-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I'll post a response to this thread later on tonight when I get home because I don't have time to type the whole thing out. And oh yes, you better believe I have a reply that is going to be worthy of at least a blue ribbon award.

if your on your way to gville, stop by valley view so we can finally meet

pirate4state
07-30-2005, 09:42 AM
IMO(which usually doesnt mean anything to some of you) everybody on this board does some bashing at some point, no matter if its college, person, animal (no sheep jokes scott!) AJ is right about some things, everybody tries to bring attention to theselves on this board. I can name a few that do it MORE then AJ does but I wont. Yes, AJ didnt finish out his "sentance" of his bet with jason, BIG DEAL that was like a year or more ago, if you people cant get over that, then some of you need to take a step back and look at yourself in a mirror. Trust me I have forgave a lot of people this past week for crap they have done or said to or about me! Life is too damn short to hate somebody bc they didnt finish out a bet or can be annoying! Yes it does say something about his character but guess what, the way some of you treat other people on here says A LOT more! True we are all guilty of "bashing", but I don't think all of us feel the need to "talk" it to death either. I.E. - "thanks for the support" or "by the way my new username is ___________" :rolleyes:

:kiss:

rockdale80
07-30-2005, 10:03 AM

Crap, crap, crap. I don't like AJ for reasons other than the bet. Even though not finishing a bet is pretty lame, and speaks volumes about the character of a person, that is not the only reason. If a man can't keep his word, then what use is he?
I just get tired of him starting bs, then backing out because he can't take the heat. Or talking down to everyone else about what they are doing with their life or where they are going to school like he is doing something so spectacular with his life. Someone posts something about Baylor girls basketball, and AJ comes back with a reply about how bad Baylor is, and how great ATM is. You get the point? I like ATM, but it is not the only good school in the world, and it gets old. Besides he doesnt even go to ATM anymore. Guess that was something else he couldnt finish.
Then he starts talking sports and it is obvious he is regurgitating something he saw on sportscenter, because having your own opinion is too much to ask. Or he will have 15 posts in one night that are one word...Like "cool" or "awesome." Well I might have thought a post was cool or awesome too, but if I dont have more to say, then I won't. Actually when he says more than that, he isn't saying anything then either.
There is no poor John. He asked for everything. He made all of these people mad at him. Like HSF fan said, "people make their own beds."

Ranger Mom
07-30-2005, 10:12 AM
I always thought this was somewhat cruel, but I am going to post it anyway. I can't think of a single thing that sums this up any better!

http://members.dodo.net.au/~grindercom/argument.jpg

pirate4state
07-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Or he will have 15 posts in one night that are one word...Like "cool" or "awesome." Well I might have thought a post was cool or awesome too, but if I dont have more to say, then I won't. harsh

:D :D :D

pirate4state
07-30-2005, 10:14 AM
I always thought this was somewhat cruel, but I am going to post it anyway. I can't think of a single thing that sums this up any better!

http://members.dodo.net.au/~grindercom/argument.jpg :eek: :eek: :clap: :D

WOS1
07-30-2005, 10:23 AM

http://members.dodo.net.au/~grindercom/argument.jpg

Sweet....:clap: :clap: :D

Not trying to offend, but some of you sound like my 4 kids on a Saturday morning...:rolleyes:

CHS_CG
07-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Besides he doesnt even go to ATM anymore. Guess that was something else he couldnt finish.

There is no poor John. He asked for everything. He made all of these people mad at him. Like HSF fan said, "people make their own beds."

R80 usually we agree on things, not this time. I will stick up for AJ bc I talked to him about the college thing. You know what A&M offers and what they dont offer, the main reason AJ moved to A&M CC is for his career, so he could have a school that had a better education so he could become a teacher.

2nd, some ppl make their own beds. i have seen time and time again people talk smack or act horrible to a person when the person didnt even do anything to the other. its a load of crap. Some people walk around with their egos and pride and rag on other people bc it makes them feel better about themselves.

now i do agree that some of what AJ does is for attention but like i said earlier, what is whole damn board about ATTENTION. this is supposed to be a group forum where everybody can feel welcome, we can throw jokes around and some people have just turned it in to one big "oh lets be serious about everything" forum. and most of those people are doin a GREAT job of makin some other not feel welcome :clap: wtg guys!

HighSchool Fan
07-30-2005, 11:37 AM
i might be mistaking, but i don't think he left a&m for a better school. i think it was to be close to his g/f, and that's not a bad thing. the fact of the matter is, everyone is tired of his "poor john" act.

the board is not about getting attention. who logs on here thinking about how much attention they are gonna get that day. it's about talking to friends about what's going on with them and their family. it's talking about football, baseball, basketball and in Phic C's case, even soccor and woman's softball. this was a family style message board before i became a member, and i still see it that way. what's the old saying, you can pick your friends but not your family. it really fits here doesn't it.

44INAROW
07-30-2005, 11:59 AM

You make it EXTREMELY HARD for a person on "the fence" to side with you :(

KTJ
07-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Alright, here's my thought on this-- (and you better read this because I am not typing this for nothing. ;) )

Anywho....I really have never liked you because of some of the things that have gone on in the past. Time after time I've had to defend myself and my University over some of the comments that you, and others, have made. In doing that, it made me not want to even acknowledge you. The degrading remarks and the attitude is what made me decide to never reply to any of your post or even read them--basically, just ignore you. There are other posters on this BBS who felt, and still feel the same way about you because of one thing---PERCEPTION.

No matter how nice you are now, or what goes on in your life, or how much advice you need us to throw your way, the PERCEPTION that everyone has of you, and will have of you, is the one from the past; the one who said degrading comments and acted like a 5 year old. Your first impression sticks with folks for a long time, no matter how much you change. And because of that, your credibility isn't very high with some people on this board and hence we have topics like the one you started.

With that said--

I think you are a nice guy...I mean I still don't like you calling UT "t.u." on this board because, really, when an Aggie says "t.u." or calls us/me "t-sips", it isn't in fun and games like they think it is...when in fact he's very degrading and uncalled for--but enough about that rant. The bottom line is that for people to change what they think about you, you have to recognize that you weren't the golden boy in the past to begin with and that you did make mistakes, whatever they were. I've eased up with ya as of late and even started chatting with you a bit more. But the reason for this is because my PERCEPTION of you has changed; whereas for some, you're still on their bad list. Some of the things you still say and do kinda bother me a bit, but on the whole it's not as bad.

So don't try to turn this into a pity party for yourself because you are as much to blame for it as others. But until you realize that, things won't change.

Does this help?

And I really do think you're a nice guy, aside from liking A&M and whatnot. I don't hate you and I don't ignore what you say anymore. But if you send me $10 and you can be my friend for life. :D

AggieJohn
07-30-2005, 11:24 PM
ktj, i never said i was a golden boy, apparently i face a different jury because i have fun on here and don't talk about little boy playing ball (nothing bad with having that though, i love our moms)

hsf, i don't get where you ever come to terms with the fact that i have some sort of pity parade that i carry arround when i post, that's just stupid, if you don't like me specifically put me on ignore

everyone else who doesn't like me in general, i'm sorry if my normal "antics" on the downlow have caused you some sort of problem, all i can say is log off, go hug your children, and join the ACTUAL REALITY that is life, and quit bickering on the low

and to EVERYONE who has a somewhat better opinion of me, thanks for sticking up for me, i didn't intend for this thread to become heated or anything, just to let yall know what posts have been getting me down everytime i'm on the low

oh and rockdale, this is more than one word, however this....

AggieJohn
07-30-2005, 11:24 PM
isn't

bulldogbark
07-31-2005, 12:10 AM
GO Maryland (ducks as to not get wacked, wooped, or even cast into a vat of boiling water) not that i didnt want to go to a Texas School, But some of us had to go were the most money was offered. But Hey I can still say "HOW BOUT DEM DOGS"

Bandera YaYa
07-31-2005, 12:29 AM
I have no comment..... :rolleyes:

rockdale80
07-31-2005, 04:01 AM
isn't

Here is a present just for you...

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/26529/200.jpg

HighSchool Fan
07-31-2005, 06:29 AM
ktj, i never said i was a golden boy, apparently i face a different jury because i have fun on here and don't talk about little boy playing ball (nothing bad with having that though, i love our moms)

hsf, i don't get where you ever come to terms with the fact that i have some sort of pity parade that i carry arround when i post, that's just stupid, if you don't like me specifically put me on ignore

everyone else who doesn't like me in general, i'm sorry if my normal "antics" on the downlow have caused you some sort of problem, all i can say is log off, go hug your children, and join the ACTUAL REALITY that is life, and quit bickering on the low

and to EVERYONE who has a somewhat better opinion of me, thanks for sticking up for me, i didn't intend for this thread to become heated or anything, just to let yall know what posts have been getting me down everytime i'm on the low

oh and rockdale, this is more than one word, however this....

there you go whinning again, thinking that you have a different jury. if you do, it's because of your behavior and things that you've said to people in PM's. i would almost bet my bottom dollar you wouldn't say things to me face to face that you've pm'd me. there's other people that i've talked to that pretty much thinks the same thing about pm's you've sent them. there's a whole lot more i want to say here, but i don't wanna lose my posting privilages.

CHS_CG
07-31-2005, 10:23 AM
OK Now, after what 4 days, I think everybody should just give up on this thread, some have strong opinions about AJ and thats fine you have a right to, but its just gettin old now. Everybody is sayin the same stuff over and over and over. Everybody is just goin to argue till one of the post gets so heated that somebody has to lock it. Everybody should just be the bigger person and walk away. It doesnt matter if you walk away hating, disliking, or not having a problem with AJ, just walk away.

jason
07-31-2005, 10:25 AM
OK Now, after what 4 days, I think everybody should just give up on this thread
well we sorta have, it was almost off the front page...
----------------------------------------------------------
...practice what you preach....

Everybody should just walk away. It doesnt matter if you walk away hating, disliking, or not having a problem with AJ, just walk away.

Ranger Mom
07-31-2005, 10:27 AM
Some like AJ and some don't.....let's move on!

THREAD CLOSED!!

jason
07-31-2005, 10:28 AM
Some like AJ and some don't.....let's move on!

THREAD CLOSED!! haha....not closed yet :D :inlove:

Ranger Mom
07-31-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by jason
haha....not closed yet :D :inlove:

You gotta give me a minute...it's morning and I clicked the wrong button!!

I also had forgotten that I can post in a closed thread!:tongue: :tongue: