PDA

View Full Version : Beltran hearing the Boo Birds

setex
07-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Everette just homered off Pedro to tie it 1-1 in 5th.

Stros fans letting Carlos have it with every move.

setex
07-28-2005, 09:50 PM
If anyone cares Astros win 3-2 in bottom of ninth on Asmus single.

shellman54
07-28-2005, 09:50 PM
who wants to trade Ausmus now?

LH Panther Mom
07-28-2005, 09:56 PM
WooHoo! Go 'Stros! :clap:

sahen
07-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
who wants to trade Ausmus now?
2 RBI's...including a squeeze bunt and game winning double..i'll take it....he may not hit normally but he has been on a tear lately, but like i said yesterday i like him for his defense and games he calls...he was most likely a much bigger part of Astacio's 6 innings w/ only 1 run than we realize tonight too.....

by the way...Piazza the power hitting catcher allowed 3 stolen bases i believe...one of those guys scored if i remember right....

Goldenstick
07-29-2005, 12:18 AM
I'm kinda glad the Astros didn't resign him now. He is hitting well below the 300 mark and doesn't look like he'll bring it up any time soon.

Ranger05
07-29-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
I'm kinda glad the Astros didn't resign him now. He is hitting well below the 300 mark and doesn't look like he'll bring it up any time soon. he did the same thing last year his avg was only around .250 but he hits a lot of homeruns and drives in a lot of runs and also steals a lot of bases, he plays a good center field and has one heck of an arm

AggieJohn
07-29-2005, 02:01 AM
the fact that ausmus is on a tear right now is a bonus, garner knows he has him for his ability to settle his pitchers down and his stellar defense, anybody who thinks that we should ever get rid of ausmus because his bat hasn't been happening any particular season obviously is a bandwagon astros fan

We're Back
07-29-2005, 02:18 AM
Beltran doesn't have a high average because he is a power hitter. Power hitters usually strike out 3 times more than a contact hitter because they are not looking to put the ball in play they are looking to hit homeruns and drive in runners who are usually the contact hitters.

shellman54
07-29-2005, 08:06 AM
saw a sign in the crowd last night that had beltran and taveras's numbers side by side, and i think that in all catagories with the exception of home runs, taveras has outplayed him.

Gobbla2001
07-29-2005, 12:10 PM
I like what one of the announcers said last night... "If we still had Beltran, we would have seen a lot more triples this year that would have been outs with a player like Taveris"

I mean, Beltran really helped us out big, but he took the money, and went to the METS, out of all teams...

When Kent came back to Houston he received cheers, signs said 'Thank you Kent' etc... He went to L.A. because he wouldn't be so far from home (Like the Rocket)... everyone understands that...

BHBrave08
07-29-2005, 12:58 PM
I was at the game and beltan was booed for everything he did. Even when he walked up to bat ever time they booed him. It was very amuzing.

Maroon87
07-29-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm going to the game on Sunday. We could well see the continuation of the Cliff Floyd/Roy Oswalt grudge match in that one. I can't wait! Go Astros!!!

Pmoney
07-29-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'm going to the game on Sunday. We could well see the continuation of the Cliff Floyd/Roy Oswalt grudge match in that one. I can't wait! Go Astros!!!
Take Me :D

Maroon87
07-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Take Me :D

I wouldn't mind, but I don't think that would go over well with the wife...especially since she's the one that scored the tickets!:eek: