07-28-2005, 02:17 PM
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/wfaa/07-05/0728fwplant.jpg

waiting on more info

HighSchool Fan
07-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Plant explodes in Fort Worth

02:20 PM CDT on Thursday, July 28, 2005

From WFAA.com Staff Reports

Explosions rang out at an industrial plant in north Fort Worth early Thursday afternoon.

The fire was first reported around 1:15 p.m. at Valley Solvents and Chemicals in the 2500 block of Northeast 33rd Street at the intersection of Bethlehem Street. A plume of billowing black smoke could be seen for miles, and several large explosions sent flames rocketing into the sky.

Early fire department reports indicate at least four people have been injured.

"It shook all the buildings here," said Angela McCollum, who works at a cement plant about 100 yards away. "All I can see is just tons of fire and tons of smoke, and it's really kind of scary."

Traffic Pulse reports indicate I-35W, which is just several blocks from the fire, is at a near-standstill in both directions near the Long Avenue exit. Drivers are urged to avoid the area.

Valley Solvents' web site said the company is a wholesale industrial solvents and chemicals distributor offering a large number of chemicals for various industrial uses. In addition to Fort Worth, the firm has locations in Harlingen and Corpus Christi

spiveyrat
07-28-2005, 02:31 PM
WHOA! :eek:

HighSchool Fan
07-28-2005, 02:35 PM
http://www.nbc5i.com/slideshows/index.html

look at the slideshow of pics from the explosion

CRHSeagle
07-28-2005, 02:44 PM
i heard on the news that u can see the smoke all the way in dallas.

spiveyrat
07-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Starting at frame 32, WOW! That's quite an explosion! I sure hope those fire trucks with the ladders extended dousing the fire don't actually have fire on them! :eek:

HighSchool Fan
07-28-2005, 02:48 PM
just reported that all employees are accounted for. 4 went to the hospital, 2 of them had minor injuries.