PDA

View Full Version : 23-3a

shellman54
07-28-2005, 01:19 PM
23-3A (http://www.texashsfootball.com/guide/previews/2005/districts/dist233a.htm)

Tarkington as the dark horse, very interesting......

BH07
07-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Why Tarkington as a Dark horse they always finish last

Rainman
07-28-2005, 01:46 PM
I don't know they could beat Splendora.

RBARKER
07-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Tarkington ? This guy must have some inside info. Tarkington will be last.

Here is how I see the district. And since I'm alway right it must be true :D

1.) Barbers Hill
2.) Huffman
3.) Liberty
4.) Cleveland
5.) Splendora
6.) Tarkington

Barbers Hill

Returning 6 on Off. and 6 on Def. from last years 9-3 team. Returning 3 year starter Chris Daniels at QB (6-0, 184, 4.5) and WR Cedric Mooree(6-2,175,4.4) Also returning the Junior Patton Twins both at (6-0,175,4.4) Todd Patton will be the RB and Blake will be a DB.

Huffman

Returning 6 on Off and 7 On Defense from last years 9-3 team. Huffman has had Back to back 2000 yard rushers can Foreman be number 3? Dubose will QB for Huffman, last year he threw for 889 yards for 10 tds. Defense looks to be the Key for Huffman this year returning 5 all-district players from last year. Huffman will break the curse this year and beat Liberty! Also It will be tough for BH to come into Huffman this year and take a win.

Liberty

Returning 5 on Off. and 7 on Defense from last years 5-7 team. Liberty has graduated most of its skill positions so they will be rebuilding. Liberty will have some speed in the back field, but they have a long way to go to replace Smart/Swift.

Cleveland

Returning 7 on Off. and 6 on Defense from last years 5-5 team. If everyone dont take the Indian seriously this year they will play the spoiler in district. Cleveland is returning all of its skill positions along with a new Coach named Jimmy Thompson. Thompson coached at 2A Garrison and has a 2A div II State Champ.with them in 2003 with a 16-0 record. Garriison was 10-2 last year losing in the area round. Thompson like running the Spread Offense and if he can get the players to come out Cleveland will empact our ditrict in a big way.

AggieJohn
07-28-2005, 02:13 PM
that's the dumbest thought ever, tarkington being a dark horse, tarkington lost all ability to turnaround when they let jack parker sign on at another school, he was the the coach gaines of that school

RBARKER
07-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by BH07
Why Tarkington as a Dark horse they always finish last

BH07 I assume you play. If so give some updates once 2 adays start. Is there any Move ins this year that could help out the team? Welcome to the Down low

SilsbeeD
07-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Tarkington ? This guy must have some inside info. Tarkington will be last.

Here is how I see the district. And since I'm alway right it must be true :D

1.) Barbers Hill
2.) Huffman
3.) Liberty
4.) Cleveland
5.) Splendora
6.) Tarkington

Barbers Hill

Returning 6 on Off. and 6 on Def. from last years 9-3 team. Returning 3 year starter Chris Daniels at QB (6-0, 184, 4.5) and WR Cedric Mooree(6-2,175,4.4) Also returning the Junior Patton Twins both at (6-0,175,4.4) Todd Patton will be the RB and Blake will be a DB.

Huffman

Returning 6 on Off and 7 On Defense from last years 9-3 team. Huffman has had Back to back 2000 yard rushers can Foreman be number 3? Dubose will QB for Huffman, last year he threw for 889 yards for 10 tds. Defense looks to be the Key for Huffman this year returning 5 all-district players from last year. Huffman will break the curse this year and beat Liberty! Also It will be tough for BH to come into Huffman this year and take a win.

Liberty

Returning 5 on Off. and 7 on Defense from last years 5-7 team. Liberty has graduated most of its skill positions so they will be rebuilding. Liberty will have some speed in the back field, but they have a long way to go to replace Smart/Swift.

Cleveland

Returning 7 on Off. and 6 on Defense from last years 5-5 team. If everyone dont take the Indian seriously this year they will play the spoiler in district. Cleveland is returning all of its skill positions along with a new Coach named Jimmy Thompson. Thompson coached at 2A Garrison and has a 2A div II State Champ.with them in 2003 with a 16-0 record. Garriison was 10-2 last year losing in the area round. Thompson like running the Spread Offense and if he can get the players to come out Cleveland will empact our ditrict in a big way.

Did Bh get faster in the past month running 4.4's and a 4.5?

RBARKER
07-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Man I don't know where these times are coming from, but they are listed in the 2005 version of Dave Campbells Magazine. It blew me away. I don't ever remember that many sub 40 times on a BH team.

BH07
07-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Yea we did get faster in the last month, we you work that can happen.

AggieJohn
07-29-2005, 02:23 AM
Yea we did get faster in the last month, we you work that can happen.
might want to correct that

Hupernikomen
07-29-2005, 10:57 AM
Guy described the situation in Tarkington pretty well. The names he mentioned are the ones to watch.

BHBrave08
07-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Tarkington being a darkhorse is just dumb. There is no way they could even come close to a playoff position. BH07 send me a pm.

Hupernikomen
07-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
Tarkington being a darkhorse is just dumb. There is no way they could even come close to a playoff position. BH07 send me a pm.

Coming close is winning 3 district games. They return as much as anyone else and beat Cleveland last year. Certainly not unrealistic that they can beat Splendora. Can they beat one of the "playoff-caliber"
in 23-3A doubtful. Sometimes you got to get a little lucky when you are playing with less talent. High school football is an unpredicatble sport. Tarkington gets stomped by Liberty one week, beats Cleveland the next and then Cleveland turns around hands it to Liberty.

Having said all of that. I believe that BH will avenge last years loss against Huffman and win the district crown. I said last year that HH would beat the Hill and this year my pick is with the Hill.

BHtheHILL
07-30-2005, 08:50 AM
The Hill boys are going to roll. This is their year, they are deep in talent, look for a run deep in the playoffs.

etbu
07-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Tarkington has a pretty strong soph. class with a quarterback that started as a freshman. Coach Fortune is back after going to Livingston for a three years and is the last Coach to lead the Horns to a winning season. Coach Fortune is very well thought of by the kids from what I hear. As far as a " Dark Horse" I dont know but they will be much improved. I really liked Coach Parker when he was there as someone already pointed out. I think alot of folks are couting out Liberty from what I hear this week their team speed is as good as it has been over the last three years.

pantherpop
07-30-2005, 10:57 AM
Tarkington will have a good team this season and may very well upset on of the top teams in the district. I think the real battle will be for the third playoff spot. Liberty will have a fast team this year but lost alot of their skill people and some top leadership however they always find a way to get it done. I see the district like this.

1 Huffman (starting to get alot of confidence to go along with talent)

2 Barbers Hill (They always battle and will have some senior leadership this season)

3 Liberty (Will capture a playoff spot with a very young team)

4 Tarkington (I'm going with the Longhorns here, should have an exciting offense)

5 Splendora (Could sneak up and capture third with some breaks)

6 Cleveland (Will be improved but still maybe a year away from contending)

Hupernikomen
07-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
Tarkington will have a good team this season and may very well upset on of the top teams in the district. I think the real battle will be for the third playoff spot. Liberty will have a fast team this year but lost alot of their skill people and some top leadership however they always find a way to get it done. I see the district like this.

2 Barbers Hill (They always battle and will have some senior leadership this season)

4 Tarkington (I'm going with the Longhorns here, should have an exciting offense)

nice to see some sensible post from peopel who actually know something about the teams other than what they read in a magazine.

Liberty has a young RB that should make the difference for them continuing their long playoff run. If they are in the race for the district championship then they will be tough to beat. I look for close games among the top 3.

BHBrave08
07-30-2005, 04:07 PM

That is rediculous!!! There is no way that that will or even could be the turn out of the district. That is not even possible in dreams. lol. it will be BH, Huffman, Cleveland, Liberty, Splendora, & Tarkington in that order.

Hupernikomen
07-30-2005, 04:42 PM
That is rediculous!!! There is no way that that will or even could be the turn out of the district. That is not even possible in dreams. lol. it will be BH, Huffman, Cleveland, Liberty, Splendora, & Tarkington in that order.

How is that ridiculous? Give us the inside scoop. He gave some legit info. You offer some other than your bias.

eagle.eyes
07-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Barker, I saw those 40 times in the mag also. They were hand timed by the coaches. Must have been with a 30 mph wind in the back and an itchey trigger finger!

BH07
07-30-2005, 07:55 PM
BHBrave08 why do you like Cleveland so much?

BHBrave08
07-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Cleveland's new coach is a great coach, which in my opinion has been the thing that needed the most help in there program lately. i think he will be able to get a lot of there good atheletes on the field that for the last few years have just been playing basketball. they have always had the players for a good football team at that school. The only problem is that none of them play football. I think the new coach will be able to get them on the field though and they will be the 3rd place team in our district.

BH07
07-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Even if this coach is all he cracked up to be, it will take him more than one year to get the program turned around.

BHBrave08
07-30-2005, 09:21 PM
To contend with BH & huffman, but not with a young Liberty. The other two in the district it contended with before the new coach came. All they need to do is beat Liberty and they are in the playoffs. You never PM'ed me back.

AggieJohn
07-30-2005, 11:06 PM
All they need to do is beat Liberty and they are in the playoffs.yall act like that is something easy to do, we've been in the playoffs for some 14 or 15 years straight, evey team that goes through works hard to not have that distinction

etbu
07-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Aggie John: Are you coming to the Liberty vs Huffman game?

pantherpop
07-30-2005, 11:27 PM
To contend with BH & huffman, but not with a young Liberty. The other two in the district it contended with before the new coach came. All they need to do is beat Liberty and they are in the playoffs. You never PM'ed me back.

What in the world has Barbers Hill added this season to make them so awesome? Were you not there last season when Liberty and Huffman both beat them at their own stadium and now they have to play the Falcons in Huffman. Sorry dude but I cant see you beating them.

P.S. Tell your coaches to send in those stopwatches in for some calibration. lol

etbu
07-30-2005, 11:35 PM
A game that is not getting much talk this year is the BH West Columbia game. That should be one of the best games of the year. Get'em Hill. If BH can throw the ball the ball this year and with your running game you guys will be fine. I am a HUGE fan of the Daniels kid. My son plays golf for Huffman and at the district tour. last year at Eagle Point he could not have been any nicer. He along with his dad are class acts. After the injuries he has went through over the last two years hope he has great senior year.

BH07
08-01-2005, 01:33 PM
What in the world has Barbers Hill added this season to make them so awesome? Were you not there last season when Liberty and Huffman both beat them at their own stadium and now they have to play the Falcons in Huffman. Sorry dude but I cant see you beating them.

P.S. Tell your coaches to send in those stopwatches in for some calibration. lol

Your not gonna be laughing come gametime we will see you on the feild

pantherpop
08-01-2005, 06:07 PM

You must be able to hear our knees shaking all the way from Barbers Hill.

Hupernikomen
08-01-2005, 08:53 PM

typical BH response. Its no secret why everyone around here enjoys it when you guys lose district, or get bumped in the first round.

AggieJohn
08-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by etbu
Aggie John: Are you coming to the Liberty vs Huffman game?
potentially, be cool to see the flag there

BH07
08-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
typical BH response. Its no secret why everyone around here enjoys it when you guys lose district, or get bumped in the first round.

Its no secret that we dont care if you like us or not, we will do are talking on the field with our pads.

daddy02
08-03-2005, 06:31 PM
All this talk is pointless, it all comes down to who stays healthy, and i hear BH's qb already has a separated shouldser......tarkington has a shot to upset they are young but with the right breaks they can succeed......splendora may be decent........cleveland is a year away, BH is always the team to beat, Liberty will make the playoffs, and huffman will probably be big, and they need to utilize it

headhunter_75
10-28-2005, 02:58 PM
All this talk about BH. Most of these people that are from the Hill probably dont even play and if they do, they dont start.