PDA

View Full Version : Carthage Gets No Respect

qb12
04-21-2003, 08:53 PM
Why does Carthage never get any respect in the polls. For instance in 01 we made it to the State Championship game and were underranked and had some of the best talent in the stae. We wwere under ranked the whole year. I just cant understand that??

----------------------------------------------------
Much love from C-Town

qb12
04-21-2003, 08:59 PM
we had to beat 3 #1 ranked teams before we were in the top 5.

ThaRealBulldog
04-21-2003, 09:02 PM
true true, we will show everyone come playoff time.

FBmania
04-22-2003, 11:08 AM
It is just a poll, the only poll that matters is the one at the end with the last team standing. Polls do make good topics of discussion on boards like these, but really they don't mean squat. Just relax until the playoffs start.

Chief Woodman
04-24-2003, 10:59 AM
Not being ranked in the poll is sometimes an advantage...you catch folks by suprise. You probably did get more respect than you thought, but it was just not made public. I doubt many teams you faced had coaches who said "don't worry, these guys are not ranked high". After seeing your game films they were proably warning their teams how good you were. Food for thought....if rankings mean everything, shouldn't Detroit, Colorado and Saint Louis still be in the NHL playoffs instead of sitting at home wondering what hit 'em? Good luck this year, and have an injury free season.

c-town
04-24-2003, 10:03 PM
Your right cheif it is an advantage. I love to be under-ranked. But we would still like to know why they always do it.

Keith7
04-24-2003, 10:22 PM
shut up

District303aPastPlayer
04-25-2003, 09:45 AM
i know i am beating a dead horse with this reply, but in no way are my intentions evil... but it seems to me that carthage is the only town that rides on 'GETTING respect' rahter than earning it. Take a look at teams that people respect in all different classes:
Southlake Carroll - Whoopin butt in 3 different classes
Sinton - Went from 2-8 one year, to 5 straight years in the playoffs and a state title game appearance.
Sealy and Cuero - The past tells everything about them.
Celina - 2A move up and continued the streak.
Mart - Won a rediculous amount of games in a streak that rivaled Celinas.

These teams didnt go out and ask for respect... they went out, busted arse, and earned it... If Carthage wants respect... then go out and earn in YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT... not just once a decade.