PDA

View Full Version : Spelling Police

pirate44
07-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Would all the enforcers of message board spelling and grammer, please cool your jets? This isn't English class you know. Even my college writing course didnt give a rats behind about spelling or grammer. What is important is content.

jason
07-28-2005, 09:51 AM
lol - yes, i see it....

HighSchool Fan
07-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
Would all the enforcers of message board spelling and grammer, please cool your jets? This isn't English class you know. Even my college writing course didnt give a rats behind about spelling or grammer. What is important is content.

you are absolutely korrect. my spelling isn't always correct, but as long as it can be red, it's okay.

Ranger Mom
07-28-2005, 10:00 AM

Sometimes it's all some of our "posters" can come back with.....

oh yeah...it's grammar, not grammer!!:D :D :D :inlove: :kiss:

spiveyrat
07-28-2005, 10:04 AM
This isn't English class you know.

Personally, I'd put a comma between "class" and "you". ;)

Phil C
07-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Well correct English, good grammar and correct spelling is always very important.

ej2525
07-28-2005, 10:19 AM
For goodness sakes.... THIS IS A FOOTBALL BOARD PEOPLE!!! WHY THE HECK ARE YOU PEOPLE DISCUSSING ENGLISH GRAMMAR & SPELLING FOR HERE?? GET WITH THE PROGRAM FOLKS!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :devil:

gobbler84
07-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
you are absolutely korrect. my spelling isn't always correct, but as long as it can be red, it's okay.
LOL

lepfan
07-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Sorry 44, it is just habit. I am not as bad about making corrections during the summer. :rolleyes:

PurpleFreddy
07-28-2005, 11:21 AM
btw, it is spelled grammar, not grammer.

pirate44
07-28-2005, 11:26 AM
im putting all of you on my "evil" list:hand:

LH Panther Mom
07-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Even though spelling & grammar (or lack of) drive me nuts, I normally don't worry about it as long as I can understand. Of course, I would never pass up an opportunity to take a little jab at someone who has corrected another for bad spelling, when they misspell themselves. :D ;)

:eek: We have one of those? I want one! :devil: :kiss:

pirate44
07-28-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Even though spelling & grammar (or lack of) drive me nuts, I normally don't worry about it as long as I can understand. Of course, I would never pass up an opportunity to take a little jab at someone who has corrected another for bad spelling, when they misspell themselves. :D ;)

:eek: We have one of those? I want one! :devil: :kiss:
nah, just me. ;)

GUNHO
07-28-2005, 11:33 AM
My brother is the worlds worst about correcting someone when they mispronounce a word.My wife will hardly speak when he is around.

lepfan
07-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Same here. The level of "jab" I take is determined by who it is ;) .

gobbler grad
07-28-2005, 11:59 AM
you should strive for perfection...how people come across with their spelling and grammar sometimes makes them look like a complete IDIOT...
i'm not perfect, just strive to be...:kiss: peace

by the way, most of us just don't say anything at all...

BullFrog Dad
07-28-2005, 12:10 PM
We should make 'sicem74' the Chief of the Spelling Police.

LH Panther Mom
07-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad

:eek: :eek: :evillaugh :evillaugh

lepfan
07-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad

Sorry, I don't think we speak his language.

pirate44
07-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
you should strive for perfection...how people come across with their spelling and grammar sometimes makes them look like a complete IDIOT...
i'm not perfect, just strive to be...:kiss: peace

by the way, most of us just don't say anything at all...
who strives to be perfect on a high school football message board? the internet and chatting invented slang and shortcuts in typing.

jason
07-28-2005, 02:54 PM
there is a difference in typing shortcuts and outright typos....

when i see somebody repeatedly making spelling mistakes i see their intelligence (or lack of) level.....

HighSchool Fan
07-28-2005, 03:01 PM
it's just a message board, who care's if someone spells correctly or uses correct grammar. spelling something on here has nothing to do with how smart someone is or isn't. there's times i misspell stuff and i see it misspelled and i don't go back and change it because i know everyone will know what i'm saying. it's shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Ranger Mom
07-28-2005, 03:03 PM
it's just a message board, who care's if someone spells correctly or uses correct grammar. spelling something on here has nothing to do with how smart someone is or isn't. there's times i misspell stuff and i see it misspelled and i don't go back and change it because i know everyone will know what i'm saying. it's shouldn't be that big of a deal.

EXACTLY!!!

What in the heck am I stressing over 3-A instead of 3A for?

It's not even misspelled!

pirate4state
07-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
EXACTLY!!!

It's not even misspelled! ........................ :p

HighSchool Fan
07-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

i think your stressing because of pirate4state :D just messin with ya

pirate4state
07-28-2005, 03:51 PM
i think your stressing because of pirate4state :D just messin with ya :D

gobbler grad
07-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by jason
there is a difference in typing shortcuts and outright typos....

when i see somebody repeatedly making spelling mistakes i see their intelligence (or lack of) level.....

ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY...

you hit the nail on the head , Jason...

SintonFan
07-28-2005, 10:41 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
Oops! Sorry God Father!
"Rolling on the floor laughing my "arse" off"!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D
jus havin some fun...