PDA

View Full Version : PSA for the day.

pirate4state
07-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Just got this in an email. Don't know if it is really true, but it isn't a bad idea! :thumbsup:

Subject: ICE - please read

Paramedics will turn to a victim's cell phone for clues to that person's identity. You can make their job much easier with a simple idea that they are trying to get everyone to adopt: ICE.

ICE stands for In Case of Emergency. If you add an entry in the contacts list in your cell phone under ICE, with the name and phone no. of the person that the emergency services should call on your behalf, you can save them a lot of time and have your loved ones contacted quickly. It only takes a few moments of your time to do.

Paramedics know what ICE means and they look for it immediately. ICE your cell phone NOW!

Please pass this one along!

LH Panther Mom
07-28-2005, 09:26 AM
It actually is true - there was an article in the AAS last week.

44INAROW
07-28-2005, 09:27 AM
I"ve been getting about 2 emails a day about this.. Sounds like a great idea to me.. :clap:

CHS_CG
07-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I"ve been getting about 2 emails a day about this.. Sounds like a great idea to me.. :clap:

i had 9 of my friends fwd it to me with in 4 hrs the other day i was like holy crap.. ok guys ill do it lol:eek:

HighSchool Fan
07-28-2005, 09:29 AM
it was on the news from dallas last night, they had fireman talking about it.

pirate4state
07-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
it was on the news from dallas last night, they had fireman talking about it. Cool!! Great idea - so go ICE your phone!! I know I did. :)

Bandera YaYa
07-28-2005, 10:13 AM
Great idea....hadn't heard about it....I'm gonna tell my girls to do it also!!! Thanks!!!! :clap: