PDA

View Full Version : where ru, old cardinal

BTEXDAD
07-28-2005, 09:01 AM
How about a report on the AFA softball tournament in beaumont, OC?
Who's looking good and who's been disappointing?

Old Cardinal
07-30-2005, 10:29 PM
I just returned from the NFSA National Tournament in Gulfport this evening. It looks like we have secured the NFSA Nationals (all ages) to be played in Ford Park(Beaumont) next summer. It is also a good chance that all AFA National of all ages will be played at this opulent facility next year.
Soon after I got home I received a call that the 18 & U Beaumont Blast(Robert Verde's team--one of three 18 & U Blast teams) were really beating folks up bad at Ford Park and another game was scheduled a 5:30 today--so I went right on over.
The Blast blasted a good Calif. team 5-1 and secured a spot as one of the final four tomorrow.
I looks like the Impac(Greater Houston), Houston Power, Blast and a good Illinois team will be in the final four at 11: am--followed by the Championship game at around 1: 30.
I think the Blast will win it--Cody Trahan(LC-M Senior next HS season) and a Pitcher out of Tomball were exceptional this evening. Jessica Lemoine and Meagan Godwin got timely hits in the win.
I lot of people don't realize just how many ex-Blast players constitute the college scholarship girls across the country. It's almost unbelievable--Example--Louisana Lafayette will have seven of their starting lineup from the Beaumont Blast Program next season and a lot of colleges have several.