PDA

View Full Version : To ALL of Port Isabel's fans, posters and readers......

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Lets remember that we ARE Tarpon fans. True Tarpon fans don't talk smack, predict blowout scores, or make racist comments unlike some other teams do.

Remember, lets NOT lower ourselves to their level!

Let the boys on the football team do the talking for us with their hard work ethic, and hard playing on the football field.

Let those other people post all the crud they want! Let them disrespect us all they want to! Our boys will READ what they are saying about us, and it will only add fuel to the fire!

Remember, my fellow Tarpon fans, DO NOT LOWER YOURSELVES TO THEIR LEVEL.

Lets rock the roof off the Alamodome, Tarpons!

GO BIG BLUE! BEAT THE BULLDOGS!

TARPON DAD
12-10-2003, 11:08 PM
AMEN!!!!

TAKING IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!! STATE ! eek!

ONE TEAM ONE GOAL! :D

TARPON FANS MAKE SOME NOISE!!!! :D

afflac65
12-10-2003, 11:44 PM
yes i will be at the game saturday night. Dont be disrespectful like last week.

tarponpride55
12-11-2003, 11:50 AM
couldnt say better myself so go big blue and we luv our boys in blue!!!!
TAKING IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!!
BEAT THE BULLDOGS!!!!

KTJ
12-11-2003, 11:59 AM
who has been making racist comments?

<small>[ December 11, 2003, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: KTJ ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-11-2003, 12:03 PM
I won't give out names specifically, but some of the comments we've gotten were:

1. Tortilla Makers
2. "8,000 Mexicans in the Alamodome, 10 cars in the parking lot"

3. These others i'm NOT even going to mention because they are just downright degrading, and nasty.

Football GOD
12-11-2003, 12:17 PM
Hey TFINTX,"I'll be taking tamales and some
rice & beans tortillas to the game",then after the game head on out to the San Francisco Steak House that's where the gathering is planned..
about the racist remarks I dought they would say it to someones face (cowards) so I would'nt loose sleep for something that tasteless,soon they'll be gone let them show they're true colors.They won't be missed that's for sure LMAOL.......
Blue & White create DYNAMITE******......
Sit back and enjoy the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil C
12-11-2003, 12:20 PM
Tarpon Fan is right that we need to all be careful about our remarks. Last year when our softball girls were playing Devine in a playoff game I was encouraging the girls as they got off the bus to go to the field. Our girls are divided about half anglos and half hispanic (I am anglo). A lady from Devine was passsing by and remarked to a friend "We're going to have tacos tonight!" That obviously was a racists remark since it is too coincidental to the situation. What was ironic was that their pitcher who was one of their best players was hispanic and played well (we won though). The comment was overheard by one of my good hispanic friends that I had went to the game with and he told me about what was said. Like I said I am anglo and I know that her comment was not typical of the other fans of Devine who were very classy but it sure didn't make me feel good when I heard about it.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-11-2003, 03:31 PM
afflac65:
yes i will be at the game saturday night. Dont be disrespectful like last week.Every team's fans will have a few bad apples, even Port Isabel is guilty of that. But please don't think that just because you experience the wrath of those few "bad apple" fans, that ALL Tarpon fans are like that.

Those that know me on this board will attest to just how nice a guy I am. I will ham it up with anyone in the state of Texas, regardless of where they're from, or what color skin they have.

BULLDOGFAN
12-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Hey Tarpon Fan wasn't your name Puro Taco in High School?

RPM
12-11-2003, 03:55 PM
Bulldog, heres a bone go fetch!

<small>[ December 11, 2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: RPM ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-11-2003, 03:58 PM
RPM:
Bulldog, heres a bone go fetch!Hey RPM, take it back, BULLDOGFAN is my primo, ok?

And he's not from Marlin, he's from Bandera.....AND HE GRADUATED FROM PORT ISABEL.

No, Puro Taco was NOT my name......maybe Robert, but not me.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
12-11-2003, 04:39 PM
Hey TFINT, where were the ugly posting posted at? on what topic?

RPM
12-11-2003, 04:45 PM
My bad I thought it was another trash talker. never said he was from marlin though. My bad bulldog.

afflac65
12-11-2003, 05:02 PM
hey north tarpon fan let me ask you this question.
What would you think when the opposing teams fans come and sit on your side and during the course of the game say some curse words in spanish and be disrespectful to you. My answer to this is no matter who you are for in the game be respectful at all times and i wish i could report this to the school ISD and ban them from attending games atleast on their home field. I wish the UIL would look at this and consult the schools in the state and address this situation. please reply just how do you think we could eliminate this problem.

footballgal
12-11-2003, 05:16 PM
afflac65:
hey north tarpon fan let me ask you this question.
What would you think when the opposing teams fans come and sit on your side and during the course of the game say some curse words in spanish and be disrespectful to you. My answer to this is no matter who you are for in the game be respectful at all times and i wish i could report this to the school ISD and ban them from attending games atleast on their home field. I wish the UIL would look at this and consult the schools in the state and address this situation. please reply just how do you think we could eliminate this problem.If they were PI fans why in the heck would they have sat on the Rice side????????????? Are you assuming they were FROM PI just because you claim they spoke spanish, or because they were hispanic???? I know of NO PI Tarpon fans in all these years, who would sit in the opponents side, non whatsoever!! Can it be possible they were from else where and just rooting for Rice to loose?? Like I said before, there is no way that they would be Tarpon Fans and not sit on our side it makes absolutely no sense. Remember Afflec65, these are the playoffs, it's not limited to just the two teams fans playing. If you have been in other playoff games you would know that people from ALL over go to these games.

<small>[ December 11, 2003, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

Football GOD
12-11-2003, 05:22 PM
I'v got an idea,ban you from 3adownlow till next season,heh heh .....

<small>[ December 11, 2003, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Football GOD ]</small>

footballgal
12-11-2003, 05:33 PM
FOOTBALL GOD PLEASE CK YOUR PMS!!!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-11-2003, 07:16 PM
luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv:
Hey TFINT, where were the ugly posting posted at? on what topic?I don't remember where the Tortilla Maker comment came from, but we were playing Liberty Hill at the time.

The 8,000 Mexicans comment came from a different board. Centexfootball.com if I remember right.

CheerMom
12-11-2003, 07:29 PM
They were Port Isabel fans because they had on Port Isabel shirts. Or maybe, they were imposters posing as Port Isabel fans. We can't help that some of your fans felt it necessary to come into our stands and disrespect us. I don't know Afflac but I also saw these people.

afflac65
12-11-2003, 10:25 PM
apparently port isabel can handle the truth. they cant even anwser a honest question.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-11-2003, 10:30 PM
afflac65:
apparently port isabel can handle the truth. they cant even anwser a honest question.Which question are you referring to? If it was the one that was addressed to me, Footballgal already answered it!

You seem to be full of hate towards us, and the sad fact is that we don't even know you. Do us a favor and sit on Marlin's side at the game since you seem to be 100% against us.

TARPON DAD
12-11-2003, 10:35 PM
tarponfan in north texas, k ,
i agree with you !
let this turkey sit some where else but the tarpon side!
how about the parking lot!

TAKING IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!! STATE! eek!

LETS GO TARPONS LETS GO! :D

afflac65
12-11-2003, 10:44 PM
I am going to sit on the side with all the class the Marlin bulldog side...

TARPON DAD
12-11-2003, 10:53 PM
YOUR GETTING WISER!
LORD KNOWS WE WOULDENT WANT YOU TO GET HURT!
OR HAVE A FREAKING ACCIDENT!

TAKING IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!! STATE ! eek!

TOUCHDOWN !! TARPONS!!!!!!!! :D eek! :D

raj
12-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Believe me, not all of the Marlin fans are trash talkers. There are those of us who prefer to sit back and nervously wait for the game. I am one of them. I back the DAWGS 110%, but trash talk gets you no where. It is not as bad on this site as it is on Centexfootball.com. Both teams are really talking it up there. I agree that we should all support our team, but we still need to be aware that both of these teams are GREAT. Look at far we have come. Win or loose, it is something to be proud of. I will be at the Dome Saturday night cheering my heart out for the DAWGS. I just got my voice back from last week's game. Let it be an injury free game for both teams and may the best team win! :D :D :D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-12-2003, 12:17 AM
Ya, calmate, guys and gal. I PMed Afflac, and everything is cool. So leave the guy alone, ok?