PDA

View Full Version : New Alignments-Hypothetical

KingRob
07-28-2005, 05:33 AM
I was checking out this web site called Fridaynighthistory.com, and they have their own hypothetical districts with the addition of 6A.

3A would have enrollments 336-699. Cuero would be in district 26AAA, along with Edna, Halletsville, Luling, Yoakum, and Navarro. Based on projected enrollments, Cuero would become the largest 3A school in the state. Their projected enrollment is 698.

Should they go to 4A, I think they would join 30AAAA, which this site claims would include Beeville, Floresville, Pleasanton, Gonzales, LaVernia, and Somerset.

I know it's all hypothetical, but I thought it was interesting. Web site has more info for West Tex, but still a good site.

HighSchool Fan
07-28-2005, 06:10 AM
that's pretty good. i don't like the district gainesville is in, to much driving. i would like to see them in a district with some of the schools around denton.

Gobbla2001
07-28-2005, 12:25 PM
This guy has had that info on that site for years now... If I'm not mistaken he is a poster on a board that bearcat1, Matthew328 and I came from (as well as others that are now here)...

He chances things all of the time... I believe that he had us projected to be in Lake Travis' district the first time... no telling where we'll be next week with his stuff ha...

Hawk Fan Izzy
07-28-2005, 01:56 PM
I liked our theoritical district in there :)
Hawks would roll over everybody ^_^

Johnny Moxen
07-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Anyone other than me notice this "prediction" was for the last realignment. This is not for the upcoming alignment (i.e. 2006-2008 years). Besides, I'd be pretty shocked, but from "my sources" the UIL is not interested in creating a 6A. Thus why I created my prediction (i.e. from a previous posting, see below).

If you were the UIL "alignment king" for a day?!?

VWG
07-28-2005, 05:16 PM
6A wouldn't work. What do schools like Odessa Permian and Midland Lee do for a district way out in their area?
Abilene schools and the Lubbock/Amarillo schools don't have the numbers to make 6A level.

The metroplex, Houston, Austin and SA area could create 6A districts that would be financially feasible. Larger East Texas and West Texas schools would be hampered by travel costs not only for the football team but band, cheerleaders, etc.......

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by VWG
6A wouldn't work. What do schools like Odessa Permian and Midland Lee do for a district way out in their area?
Abilene schools and the Lubbock/Amarillo schools don't have the numbers to make 6A level.

The metroplex, Houston, Austin and SA area could create 6A districts that would be financially feasible. Larger East Texas and West Texas schools would be hampered by travel costs not only for the football team but band, cheerleaders, etc....... yea, i agree, it wouldnt be a good idea at this time maybe in 10-15 years or so when there are more sudents in the schools, but we must also think of the number of schools that would play in these districts...if there is only 30 or so schools w/ enough studuents to make a 6A, then are they really doing anything worth merit? they would always have to play down a level for competition. or play each other 2 or three times in a season.