PDA

View Full Version : District 18 3A

BeastoftheEast
07-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Will Mexia and Groesbeck be able to compete this year? What will each of these teams be like this year? Does anyone have a shot at Marlin this year or will they cakewalk the district? The scholls in this district have all had great athletes in the past I look for someone in this district along with Marlin to make a little noise this year.

mwynn05
07-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by BeastoftheEast
Will Mexia and Groesbeck be able to compete this year? What will each of these teams be like this year? Does anyone have a shot at Marlin this year or will they cakewalk the district? The scholls in this district have all had great athletes in the past I look for someone in this district along with Marlin to make a little noise this year. Mexia probably wont do much groesbeck wont do anything. Madisonville will be okay. Fairfield is young could be good could be very average too early to tell. and Marlin has Saunders and im sure they have and athlete to replace tank...Marlin_fan might have an opinion on this.

dutchman
07-27-2005, 06:54 PM
no, i do not think we have anyone to replace tank - very big shoes to fill. we do have about six backs - one freshman, two sophomores, and three seniors fighting for the starting running back position. We return four recievers from last year. The line is mostly juniors that started last year with one senior. Defensively we are rebuilding the line and linebackers, the secondary is solid, tall, and fast. but the dawgs like everyone still has to win it a game at a time.

marlin fan
07-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Marlin will be Marlin lol thats about all i can say!!! im kinda hoping District wont be as easy as it was last season

BeastoftheEast
07-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Will the new coach at Mexia get some of the athletes out there? You know that place always has athletes it is just a matter of getting them out there and motivated.

mwynn05
07-27-2005, 07:45 PM
I don't see them being that good this year though...not quite as much talent either

Flypattern
07-27-2005, 11:12 PM
The previous coach just took Mexia to the playoffs five years in a row. They played hard last year, but couldn't match up talent-wise.