PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Offered 40 Goats & 20 Cows For Chelsea's Hand In Marriage

ILS1
07-27-2005, 01:13 PM
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) -- A Kenyan says he offered Bill Clinton 40 goats and 20 cows for his daughter's hand in marriage five years ago -- and is still waiting for an answer.

Godwin Kipkemoi Chepkurgor told the East Africa Standard newspaper last week that he wrote to Clinton asking for Chelsea's hand in 2000 during the then-president's visit to Kenya.

Chepkurgor, a 36-year-old elected city councilor in Nakuru, recounted writing to the U.S president through the Kenyan government.

He described his plans for a grand wedding presided over by South African Nobel Peace Prize winner Archbishop Desmond Tutu. He named then-President Daniel arap Moi and the president of his university as references.

"Had I succeeded in wooing Chelsea, I would have had a grand wedding," he told the Standard in an interview published Friday during Clinton's recent visit to Kenya.

Chepkurgor said his letter praised Clinton's leadership and commended his wife, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, for standing by her husband "like an African woman" in the face of the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

The electrical engineering graduate said he promised to pay his would-be father-in-law 20 cows and 40 goats in dowry for his only daughter in accordance with African tradition.

But he said the letter prompted security checks -- on him, his family and his classmates, and he was summoned to the Foreign Ministry in Nairobi for a meeting that he missed because of his graduation from university.

A National Security Intelligence Service officer told the Standard the letter probably never made it out of the office.

"We gathered that this man was a teetotaler and a staunch Christian who seemed to have been struck by Chelsea, and I thought maybe he just took the joke too far," he said.

Chepkurgor vowed to remain single until he gets an answer to his proposal to marry Chelsea, 25.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Clinton Offered For Chelsea's Hand In Marriage (www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/africa/07/27/clinton.kenya.ap/index.html)

lepfan
07-27-2005, 01:16 PM
**I see this as an innocent post to be turned political **

I think I would have to ask for more cattle....registered ones at that. ;)

District303aPastPlayer
07-27-2005, 01:17 PM
ummm... wow.

pirate4state
07-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Now that is funny!!! :clap: :D

ILS1
07-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Just think........the wedding reception would turn out to be one HECKUVA BBQ!!!! LOL!!!!

:D :D :D

BHBrave08
07-27-2005, 01:32 PM
I think he should take it. He won't be able to get anyone else that wants her.

District303aPastPlayer
07-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
I think he should take it. He won't be able to get anyone else that wants her.

i'll take her

lostaussie
07-27-2005, 01:47 PM
throw in 5 cape buffalo and and a couple of zebras and you got a deal.

ILS1
07-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i'll take her

She has turned into a little hottie!! She went from totally geek to totally chic. She must have gotten the same makeover her mother got a couple of years ago!!! Some say she has turned into Euro-trash because after Stanford she went to England for awhile and changed her look again. She now works for a consulting company in New York.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
07-27-2005, 02:18 PM
She does look alot better than she did in her younger days. But she still looks enough like her "momma" that I cringe when I see her!

http://www.irstyle.com/images/chelseaclinton2.jpg

shellman54
07-27-2005, 02:20 PM
what , no sheep?

BHBrave08
07-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
She does look alot better than she did in her younger days. But she still looks enough like her "momma" that I cringe when I see her!

I agree totally.

lepfan
07-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Those of you who have seen a 10,15, or 20 class reunion....will know what i am saying here.

The geekiest girl and/or guy in school (the ones you made fun of) will a lot of times be the hottest ones upon returning years later. While the hot ones in high school are usually worn out and look rough (years later). The ones in between usually stay about the same. (just my opinion...yours may be different)

rockdale80
07-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Rich and smart...plus pretty good looking. I would take her anyday...:D :D :D

spiveyrat
07-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Hot or not?

NOT!

Also, I saw that she got a 6 figure job right out of college. Who else does that? Talk about having it given to ya! No one goes into a job with no experience and gets a 6 figure job! :rolleyes:

spiveyrat
07-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Rich and smart...plus pretty good looking. I would take her anyday...:D :D :D

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder! :doh:

rockdale80
07-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Hot or not?

NOT!

Also, I saw that she got a 6 figure job right out of college. Who else does that? Talk about having it given to ya! No one goes into a job with no experience and gets a 6 figure job! :rolleyes:

Even Ivy League grads? I think she did okay. Plus, she can be my sugar momma ;)

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Even Ivy League grads? I think she did okay. Plus, she can be my sugar momma ;) whoa man, she was the girl EVERYONE made fun of when i was in school...people would make jokes and say that chelsea clinton was going to be your next gf or youd marry her, so for us having that "insult" thrown at us was awful. i still dont think she is cute in the slightest. she has matured and grown into her face a little bit, but shes definately not my type.

jason
07-27-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder! :doh: beauty is in the eyes of the BEERholder...

mustang04
07-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by jason
beauty is in the eyes of the BEERholder...

what if i dont drink beer, but tequilla and whiskey?!?!:confused:

jason
07-27-2005, 05:45 PM
beauty is in the eyes of the holder of tequilla, whiskey, beer, vodka, the light switch, and __________ (insert object).....

bulldogbark
07-27-2005, 06:43 PM
If she can be a Jasper fan ,,,I'll give Bill 4 chicken fried steak dinners, two packs of redman and my 50 yard line reseved Jasper bulldog tickets. wait forget the tickets.... a corn dog and a nacho from the consession stand

Bandera YaYa
07-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
If she can be a Jasper fan ,,,I'll give Bill 4 chicken fried steak dinners, two packs of redman and my 50 yard line reseved Jasper bulldog tickets. wait forget the tickets.... a corn dog and a nacho from the consession stand LOL !!! You are toooooo funny.....poor Chelsea! :nerd: :D

GreenMonster
07-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Someone tell that guy he's WAY overbidding. He should have offered 0 Cows, 1 Goat, and 3 Grasshoppers. :D

rockdale80
07-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
whoa man, she was the girl EVERYONE made fun of when i was in school...people would make jokes and say that chelsea clinton was going to be your next gf or youd marry her, so for us having that "insult" thrown at us was awful. i still dont think she is cute in the slightest. she has matured and grown into her face a little bit, but shes definately not my type.

Like my old boss would say..."Marry for money first, 'cause you can always marry for love later.";)

setex
07-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Mr and Mrs Godwin Kipkemoi Chepkurgor and proud
papa Bill Clinton.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2935/chelsa20ni.jpg

big daddy russ
07-28-2005, 01:23 AM
beauty is in the eyes of the holder of tequilla, whiskey, beer, vodka, the light switch, and __________ (insert object).....
The drawing on the bag.

ej2525
07-28-2005, 07:38 AM
I think the guy offered too much for her hand in marriage!! Just my opinion though!!! :confused: :doh:

spiveyrat
07-28-2005, 08:11 AM
beauty is in the eyes of the BEERholder...

Yeah, in this case, that's more like it! :D