PDA

View Full Version : Some Cuero Youngsters are kicking booty...

Gobbla2001
07-27-2005, 12:16 PM
(Note: After one week, the pictures will change, so look at 'em while you can I guess)

Predators 5th at Major World Series
winning three of six contests

http://www.cuerorecord.com/uploads/articles/sport1pic.jpg

Cuero Predators 14U-AAA baseball team placed 5th in the Barrett-Fletcher Major World Series in Florida winning three of their six games. The Predators were eliminated by the East Cobb Braves of Atlanta, GA 5-6.
Coach Kenneth Boothe stated, “The Braves had 14 players representing 14 different high schools from the Atlanta area while we represented one school - Cuero High School. Being the only team represented by one school made us the underdog in every game.”
“All the coaches and fans are extremely proud of these 11 kids from Cuero,” said Coach Russell Goebel.
Sharing pitching duties throughout the tourney were Tyler Arndt, Jennings Boothe, Ross Goebel, James Olsovsky, Jake Rangnow, Troy Ruiz, Klayton Smith and Kolton Smith. Boothe registered a win against the Cobras of Georgia, 9-4. Klayton Smith registered a win against the Reistertown Braves of Maryland 15-7 with Rangnow coming in for the close. He also added a second win against the San Benito Jaguars 15-3.
Predators hitting above .300for the series were Arndt, Chance Harryman, Rangnow, Ruiz, and Klayton Smith.
Other teams facing the Predators were The Bats of Naples, FL and the Wolfpack of the Rio Grande Valley area.

-----------

Green to compete at nationals

http://www.cuerorecord.com/uploads/articles/sport2pic.jpg

Armand “Monte” Green-Avery of Cuero qualified to compete in long jump at the Athletic Amateur Union (AAU) National Junior Olympics July 26 - Aug. 6 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
A member of CISD Summer Track for the past four years, Monte placed second in the boys long jump at the Regional Championship Meet in San Antonio with a jump of 16’ 7 3/4”.
Monte, who will be a seventh grader at Cuero Junior High School, has also participated in UIL Maps, Charts, and Graphs, plays CYFL football, soccer, and track and field, and is a member of the Mt. Bethel Baptist Church’s choir.
He is the son of Dawn Green and the grandson of Johnnie V. Green and will need sponsors to help defray expenses to attend the National Track Meet. To help call 275-6690 or 275-4191

---

keep kickin' that booty youngsters...

Gobbla2001
07-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Also, some high schoolers did good things...

Austin Griffin came in 2nd at the Southern Texas PGA's Tournament of Champions (16-18 year old)...

Ace Slone won the roping division at the National High School Rodeo, helping Texas campture the overall team win...

And I, uh... beat someone from Yoakum at Texas Hold 'Em????

pirate4state
07-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
And I, uh... beat someone from Yoakum at Texas Hold 'Em???? Cool - we should get a group together and play Hold 'Em at a M&G!! :D :clap:

pirate4state
07-27-2005, 01:27 PM
:clap: Congrats to the Cuero youngsters!! :thumbsup:

Phil C
07-27-2005, 02:32 PM
Congratulations to the Cuero team! I know how you feel about your team coming from one area against teams representing 14 high schools. Our softball girls in little league faced the same situation when we played Waco Midway a few years ago but then again so does everyone else. :)

lepfan
07-27-2005, 02:38 PM
any relation to "old green"?

Old Green
07-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
any relation to "old green"? Nope. But i know his grandmother and mother.