PDA

View Full Version : If your team were to move to 4A....

shellman54
07-26-2005, 08:31 PM
who all do you think would be in your district? For BH, I would pick:

Barbers Hill
Dayton
Crosby
Huffman (if we move up, so will they)
Houston Forest Brook
Channelview
Friendswood
Houston C E King

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-26-2005, 08:41 PM
If Port Isabel were to move up to 4A, we'd be in a district with...

Edcouch-Elsa
Mercedes
Brownsville Lopez
Mission High
Mission Veterans Memorial
PSJA Memorial
Roma

Port Isabel has beaten PSJA Memorial the past couple of years. Also, Port Isabel does well against Mercedes in pre-season scrimmages. Roma are pushovers, so is Brownsville Lopez. The teams that could give Port Isabel some decent competition are the two Mission teams. Although Mission Vets does play Rio Hondo (3A) in non-district play, and struggled with them in the past, I wouldn't overlook them. Mission High had a horrible season last year but they are always traditionally a good team, and I would expect them to bounce back from the season they had last year. Edcouch-Elsa is by far the head of the class in 32-4A. It would be a pretty good upset if Port Isabel were to beat them.

So, with that said, there's a realistic chance that Port Isabel could place as high as 2nd or 3rd in 32-4A, then run into the buzzsaw that is 31-4A with Gregory Portland and C.C. Calallen.

lostaussie
07-26-2005, 08:44 PM
marshall and kilgore. i think we will stay right where we are at!!!!

injuredinmelee
07-26-2005, 09:13 PM
with the opening of 20 new schools in Texas with 12 of those being 5A I think they will have to raise the top numbers in 4 and 3A again. But to pacify all the goons that talk about Wylie cheating (which isnt true and almost impossible) here is my prediction for Wylies district.

Bwood
Stephenville
Aledo
Wylie
Lampasas
Abilene Wylie

Gobbla2001
07-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Could be a few different possibilities...

Most-Likely if we moved up, Gonzales would as well... We may be stuck in a district with Austin, San Antonio or Corpus teams...

Cuero along with some of these teams:
Gonzales
Plugerville Conally
Taylor
Elgin
Pflugerville Hendrickson
Lockhart
Del Valle
South San Antonio
Pleasanton
San Antonio Harlandale
Beeville Jones
San Antonio Southside
San Antonio McCollum
Floresville
Gregory-Portland
Corpus Christi Calallen
Rockport-Fulton
Alice
Kingsville King
Corpus Christi Flour Bluff
Robstown and
Corpus Christi Toloso-Midway...

Now you can take a few of these teams off the list, cuz they are longer drives, but this is pretty much the Area of 4A teams that surround Cuero...

BUT, I honestly feel the best bet would be in district 24-4A with:

Bay City
El Campo
Richmond Foster
Rosenberg Terry
Angleton
Freeport
Rosenburg Lamar Consolidated
Port Lavaca Calhoun

It's a long-shot, but maybe in the district with Burnet/New Braunfels etc...

Gobbla2001
07-26-2005, 09:30 PM
A lot of these towns are pretty big drives for Cuero and would be for any of the teams mentioned, so I guess they'd have to do a bunch of mixing up...

shellman54
07-26-2005, 09:30 PM
were ya'll in district with Burnet before?

Gobbla2001
07-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
were ya'll in district with Burnet before?

I'm not too sure... maybe Old Green knows...

kepdawg
07-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Cuero along with some of these teams:
Gonzales
Plugerville Conally
Taylor
Elgin
Pflugerville Hendrickson
Lockhart
Del Valle
South San Antonio
Pleasanton
San Antonio Harlandale
Beeville Jones
San Antonio Southside
San Antonio McCollum
Floresville
Gregory-Portland
Corpus Christi Calallen
Rockport-Fulton
Alice
Kingsville King
Corpus Christi Flour Bluff
Robstown and
Corpus Christi Toloso-Midway...

Wow! A 23 Team district! That would be crazy!

wildstangs
07-26-2005, 09:56 PM
If Sweetwater moved back up to 4A, that would mean Snyder and Wylie would probably go to. So I would guess Sweetwater, Snyder, Big Spring, Lakeview, Andrews, and Estacado would be in a district together.

If the UIL put Sweetwater, Wylie, and Snyder in the same district, I would think we would be lumped in with Stephenville and Brownwood. But it would be a pretty long trip from Snyder to Stephenville.

Rabbit'93
07-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Highland Park
Wylie
Terrell
West Mesquite
Poteet

Oh wait........:D ;)

Old Green
07-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'm not too sure... maybe Old Green knows... we were never in the same district as Burnet. Wimberley was In our District in the Early Ninties.

Your Scenerio is pretty good Gobbla. In the 70's 3A was the equilvalent to 4A today.This the district we were in for awhile. 14-3A east Zone.
New Braunfels
Samuel Clemens
Floresville
Gonzales
New Braunfels Canyon
Cuero
Later years we had Plesanton, S.A. Madison, and Judson in the Mix.

jason
07-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
with the opening of 20 new schools in Texas with 12 of those being 5A I think they will have to raise the top numbers in 4 and 3A again. But to pacify all the goons that talk about Wylie cheating (which isnt true and almost impossible) here is my prediction for Wylies district.

Bwood
Stephenville
Aledo
Wylie
Lampasas
Abilene Wylie are u for real? there are some 3.5 hour drives in there....i'd try again if i were you...

gobblerfan02
07-27-2005, 02:43 AM
If Cuero were to move to 4A.......

I still think they would be able to kick a little arse and take a few names...maybe not be the most powerful, but still would be able to hold there own, even make the playoffs going a few rounds at least. NOT to boast or anything, just think they would be able to at least pull that off with utilizing all the weapons.

Old Green
07-27-2005, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02

I still think they would be able to kick a little arse and take a few names...maybe not be the most powerful, but still would be able to hold there own, even make the playoffs going a few rounds at least. NOT to boast or anything, just think they would be able to at least pull that off with utilizing all the weapons. Cuero dominated back then.:)

LH Panther Mom
07-27-2005, 07:33 AM
I'm pretty sure we'd be in either district 26 or 27.

26-4A
Cedar Park Vista Ridge (will be 5a next alignment)
Del Valle
Elgin
Lockhart
Pflugerville Connally
Pflugerville Hendrickson
Taylor

27-4A
Burnet
Dripping Springs
Lake Travis
Marble Falls
New Braunfels
New Braunfels Canyon

Half of the current D-27 were in our 3a district, but either could be a possibility.

injuredinmelee
07-28-2005, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by jason
are u for real? there are some 3.5 hour drives in there....i'd try again if i were you...
Didnt mean to put Wylie in there. Wasnt paying attention. Mineral Wells would be the team that I omitted. Lampasas would also be a stretch with the most traveling. Heres the changes:

Bwood
Stephenville
Abilene Wylie
Aledo
Mineral Wells
Ft. Worth Brewer

injuredinmelee
07-28-2005, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02

I still think they would be able to kick a little arse and take a few names...maybe not be the most powerful, but still would be able to hold there own, even make the playoffs going a few rounds at least. NOT to boast or anything, just think they would be able to at least pull that off with utilizing all the weapons.

Its all about coaching. Look at Smithson Valley and SLC as good examples.
SLC has been in 5a for 3 years, has lost 1 game, and won 2 State Titles.
Smithson Valley has been up 3 years also and has played for the title twice. (i think that is correct)

Adidas410s
07-28-2005, 08:05 AM

Bwood
Stephenville
Aledo
Wylie
Lampasas
Abilene Wylie

I doubt that Wylie would be included in this district before schools such as Mineral Wells and Everman would have a shot to be moved in. Or Granbury...Cleburne...Burleson...Springtown...etc assuming that they were still in 4A should Wylie move up. You could also see a district that possibly runs along 277 and includes Wylie with the 3 Wichita Falls schools and maybe Burkburnett and Springtown.

YBS
07-29-2005, 01:57 PM
Probably similar to what we had before....

Cleveland
Dayton
Jasper
Livingston
New Caney
maybe Silsbee would move back up w/ us...

CRHSeagle
07-29-2005, 02:04 PM
castleberry would probably be in 7-4a with...

Azle
Arlington Seguin
Birdville
FW Carter Riverside
FW Diamond Hill
FW Eastern Hills
FW Northside
Springtown

Seguin would move up to 5a and so Castleberry would take its place.

WOS92
07-29-2005, 02:57 PM
Duh...

West Orange-Stark
Nederland
Port Neches-Groves
Beaumont Central
Beaumont Ozen
little cypress-mauriceville
Lumberton
Vidor
Silsbee (was in our district before we both dropped)

That's how it was in 2003, anyway...

NSUTrumpet08
07-29-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by YBS
Probably similar to what we had before....

Cleveland
Dayton
Jasper
Livingston
New Caney
maybe Silsbee would move back up w/ us...

I remember those days...man had the district changed when i got into high school in 2000...

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-29-2005, 09:44 PM
LW would be in the same district as castleberry. im honestly not sure how LW would do in 4A, probably get beat until they could hang w/ that new level of play. eventually it would work though. i know LW could beat all the teams that are fort worth school, (ie northside, diamond hill, etc...)

Ladykat5
07-30-2005, 12:39 AM
My boyfriend scored the winning touchdown at the state game for kilgore this year.

gobblerfan02
07-30-2005, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Ladykat5
My boyfriend scored the winning touchdown at the state game for kilgore this year.

Go Boyfriend, Go Boyfriend, was it his birthday, I wouldn't care anyway.

JK. Givin you a hard time LadyKat, welcome back to the board! Nice to have some more names to chat with. Just hope you'll be able to stay for a while this season with the rest of us crazy ppl who love 3A football in the state of Texas!

pirate4state
07-30-2005, 09:51 AM
If Sinton moved to 4A I think we'd be in big trouble!! :eek: Clumped in with G-P, Calallen, Rockport, Robstown, etc...

It'd make for an interesting baseball season, but football we'd be lucky to get 3rd in district!! :( Thank God there is no chance of that happening!! :clap:

espn1
07-30-2005, 03:44 PM
Its all about coaching. Look at Smithson Valley and SLC as good examples.
SLC has been in 5a for 3 years, has lost 1 game, and won 2 State Titles.
Smithson Valley has been up 3 years also and has played for the title twice. (i think that is correct) It's all about budgets and how much you can pay your assistants. Low budget = second rate coaching staff. SLC has always had the Money to afford the best. Todd Dodge couldn't do it by himself.