PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone watching the all star game?

Ladykat5
07-26-2005, 07:50 PM
I AM!!! lol

Bandera YaYa
07-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Me too!!!! :cool:

Ladykat5
07-26-2005, 08:06 PM
my boy stehpen had a tackle lol i got excited.

Bandera YaYa
07-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Ladykat5
my boy stehpen had a tackle lol i got excited. Yeah I get excited watching uniforms, too! :p :D

Ladykat5
07-26-2005, 08:23 PM
lol.

LHMom
07-26-2005, 08:47 PM
We are!

gobbler grad
07-26-2005, 08:51 PM
the south is just kicking butt...:clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
07-26-2005, 08:55 PM
You have to be kidding me? The SOUTH? Kicking BUTT?

Wasn't the North supposed to win?

gobbler grad
07-26-2005, 08:56 PM
looks like turnovers are killing the North's chances...
have to re-group in the 2nd half...

44INAROW
07-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
the south is just kicking butt...:clap: :clap:

looking good :clap: :clap:

Bandera YaYa
07-26-2005, 09:06 PM
.....the South is gonna win!!!! 3A looking good!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

sicem74
07-26-2005, 09:16 PM
dude did yall see Ryan Mullins he wrecked hes number 14 from cameron hes good!

shellman54
07-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Just turned it over (was watching the 'Stros). South is taking it to them!!!

44INAROW
07-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
Just turned it over (was watching the 'Stros). South is taking it to them!!!

Who hit the HR for the Astros? We were flipping back and forth and missed it?

shellman54
07-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Who hit the HR for the Astros? We were flipping back and forth and missed it?

Mike Lamb. First batter in the ninth inning. It was a shot!!

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-26-2005, 09:43 PM
its obvious that the south will win. God likes the southern team we know this because he gave Texas to the south. if God were a yankee fan texas would be somewhere up north, like oklahoma or somewhere...

Ladykat5
07-26-2005, 09:47 PM
im disapointed and about to turn it off

Bandera YaYa
07-26-2005, 10:18 PM
I missed something,,I thought the score was 27-34...did they call that TD back??? :thinking:

44INAROW
07-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I missed something,,I thought the score was 27-34...did they call that TD back??? :thinking:

yes, holding..

Old Green
07-26-2005, 10:37 PM
3A players showed their stuff.

CheerMom
07-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Congrats to the South and my boys from D20-- Donovan, Emmanuel, and Justin. Ya'll did a great job!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

wos fan1
07-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Congrads on the South. Charles from PTA looked good as usual as well as Hood from Nederland. :clap:

footballgal
07-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Congratulations to the South!!!!!!!

ILS1
07-26-2005, 11:58 PM
Just got back from the game. Very tired,had to leave at the end of the 3rd Qtr to make it back home. A very well played game by both teams. I will report more tomorrow,too tired right now. Later.

:D

sicem74
07-27-2005, 12:18 AM
man donovan got a tackle that was tight and mullins did play a lot it was cool that the south won!

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Eric Favors was #22 and he is from Vernon. Played well.

maroogreen
07-27-2005, 12:22 AM
The family went to the game tonight. Left at halftime because my daughter was acting like a 19-month-old berserker--slapping the young boy in front of us and laughing like crazy, climbing into the laps of total strangers, flirting like crazy with all of the coaches around us, trying to climb over the seats to get to the men sitting behind us, etc.

Went expecting to be impressed by the QB from Southlake Carroll--I wasn't. Was really impressed with JaMichael Finley on the South team. Throw the ball anywhere in his vicinity and the kid latches onto it. Several other exceptional RBs on the South team. Also a kicker that looked way to heavy to kick well. WRONG! Had great kickoffs all night long. Sorry I can't remember more names of the playmakers. I was too busy trying to control my one-year-old who wanted to get up close and personal with some coach sitting behind us.

mistanice
07-27-2005, 01:39 AM
I dont know the exact stats but J-mike does pretty well at the game. He had a few catches. He was snatching anything that was close. Had a close one in the endzone that was knocked away at the last second. Good to see a fellow Dibollian doing good. Hopefully UT sees they have a good one coming up.

Old Green
07-27-2005, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
I dont know the exact stats but J-mike does pretty well at the game. He had a few catches. He was snatching anything that was close. Had a close one in the endzone that was knocked away at the last second. Good to see a fellow Dibollian doing good. Hopefully UT sees they have a good one coming up. He had 6 catches for 100 yards and 1 TD.That's a great showing.:clap:

Phil C
07-27-2005, 08:10 AM
It is good that the South won because the North whipped us bad in basketball. :(

duckbutter
07-27-2005, 08:15 AM
Charles and Finley, two of south east Texas finest, are both going to Texas. Should be a good combo in a couple of years.

HighSchool Fan
07-27-2005, 08:18 AM
was it just me or did Jovorski Lane look out of shape and extreamly slow?? i heard all the hype about him this year and was dissapoionted in what i saw.

ILS1
07-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Jamar Charles is electrifying!! Everytime he touched the ball everyone held their breath!!! That short pass that he turned into a TD reception where he dove into the endzone was awesome!!! JaMichael Finley was Randy Moss-esque!! Just throw the ball up and he'll go and get it. Colt McCoy has a rocket for an arm. He threw some beautiful passes. Juvorski Lane kinda disappointed me. Granted his team was behind and they had to throw alot. At one time it looked like he took off his shoulder pads and sat on the bench. He looked like he had some sort of stinger or something wrong with his shoulder. I expected more out of him. Overall,it was a great well played game. I'm glad it was in the Alamodome too because it was hot outside!! BTW,also went to the THSCA All-Star basketball game. A.J. Abrams is just a STUD!!! The Slam Dunk competition and the 3 Point Shooting contest at halftime was really cool!! Next year the THSCA Convention (Coaching School) and both All-Star games will be played in Austin for the first time since in 1950. Hopefully,we'll see everyone there next year!!!

:D :D :D

sicem74
07-27-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
was it just me or did Jovorski Lane look out of shape and extreamly slow?? i heard all the hype about him this year and was dissapoionted in what i saw.
ya i noticed that to he looked kinda slow he prolly be a fullback at a&m!

c-town_balla
07-27-2005, 11:38 AM
That game was great I was at it and there were just some great players there

Phil C
07-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Lane is big and fast and should be a terrific addition to the Aggies. Fran will get him ready.

HighSchool Fan
07-27-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Lane is big and fast and should be a terrific addition to the Aggies. Fran will get him ready.

there was nothing fast about him, he wasn't fast enough to turn the corner. there was more fat than muscle hanging out of his jersey. he will not be a feature back in the shape he is in. fb will be his position.

sicem74
07-27-2005, 02:50 PM
there was nothing fast about him, he wasn't fast enough to turn the corner. there was more fat than muscle hanging out of his jersey. he will not be a feature back in the shape he is in. fb will be his position.
woa he agreed with me lol j/k

HighSchool Fan
07-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
woa he agreed with me lol j/k

no, you agreed with me

District303aPastPlayer
07-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Finley was just rediculous..

sicem74
07-27-2005, 03:30 PM
na i said he should b a fullback tho

Phil C
07-27-2005, 03:58 PM
That Lane worries me though. He is so big and fast. Man trying to get him is like trying to get a freight train. That worries me. The Aggies are smiling I am sure indeed.

HighSchool Fan
07-27-2005, 04:07 PM
That Lane worries me though. He is so big and fast. Man trying to get him is like trying to get a freight train. That worries me. The Aggies are smiling I am sure indeed.

looks like you need to get off the alcohol and get back to geritol and TCM.

Phil C
07-27-2005, 04:23 PM
All you can do when you try to tackle Lane is to grab hold and yell out "HELP!" :)

Phil C
07-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Hey high do you think that Lane might be the Aggie's Earl Campbell so to speak?

HighSchool Fan
07-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Hey high do you think that Lane might be the Aggie's Earl Campbell so to speak?

earl campbell wasn't fat, and he exploded into the hole, something lane didn't do last night.

Bull's-eye
07-27-2005, 04:46 PM
District 20-3A boys did us proud! Sealy's Brantly only had to punt 1 time, but he nailed it inside the 20 yard line. Rice's King played great on defense and was constantly applying pressure to the QB. Bellville's Sanders was on the end of a 62 yard pass play and was the go to man in the 3rd qtr. He also had a 14 yard run and did a great job on kick-off coverage. In the 4th qtr, Sanders came in to help stop the North's aerial attack. He nearly intercepted a pass and also broke up a pass to stop the North's comeback.

Sanders was interviewed by FSW and was well represented by his family and friends. Did anybody notice the "Red Mustache"? He was there to cheer on his boy Emmanuel "Mad Ball" Sanders.

I noticed several 3A players having great games.

CheerMom
07-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
District 20-3A boys did us proud! Sealy's Brantly only had to punt 1 time, but he nailed it inside the 20 yard line. Rice's King played great on defense and was constantly applying pressure to the QB. Bellville's Sanders was on the end of a 62 yard pass play and was the go to man in the 3rd qtr. He also had a 14 yard run and did a great job on kick-off coverage. In the 4th qtr, Sanders came in to help stop the North's aerial attack. He nearly intercepted a pass and also broke up a pass to stop the North's comeback.

Sanders was interviewed by FSW and was well represented by his family and friends. Did anybody notice the "Red Mustache"? He was there to cheer on his boy Emmanuel "Mad Ball" Sanders.

I noticed several 3A players having great games.

I agree, 3A, should be very proud of their athletes. Emmanuel had a great interview. It was nice to see a local boy shine. I wish all 20-3A athletes good luck in their upcoming careers. They made us very proud last night.

sicem74
07-27-2005, 05:04 PM
yaa mullins did good to me 4-9 41 yards!

Gobbla2001
07-27-2005, 05:10 PM
earl campbell wasn't fat, and he exploded into the hole, something lane didn't do last night.

exactly... correct correct correct... he didn't do that LAST NIGHT...;)

HighSchool Fan
07-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
exactly... correct correct correct... he didn't do that LAST NIGHT...;)

exactly, when playing against a team of good players he couldn't do anything. he showed everyone that has never seen him play 2 things last night, 1) fat 2) slow.

Gobbla2001
07-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Hmmm, could it be that he has practiced for just one week under a system he never played in? A coach he never played for? A team he's never played with? A game that doesn't go against your record? A game where you didn't play every snap because they were trying to get other rb's involved (AKA: no rhythm established)?

Basically, it was an all-star game... What happened to him is most-likely what has happened to MLB players who play in all-star games, they're out there to have fun, a good time, not injure themselves playing for a team they're going no where with... which is why MLB has gone to the 'league that wins gets home-field in the world series' (Which I do not exactly agree with)...

Earl Campbell? No... Dangerous RB? Yes... When players get to college they get better, the coaches turn them into better athletes... he'll only get better... If he had gone through a couple of scrimmages with this system and two-a-days etc... before this game, I'm sure he would have been a lot better, and maybe the North would have won as so boldly predicted...

HighSchool Fan
07-27-2005, 05:34 PM
J Charles had the same amount of practice time and did pretty good. the 2nd string RB had the same amount of practice and did pretty good also. they also had new coaches. keep making your excuses, the point is, lane looked fat and slow last night.

Gobbla2001
07-27-2005, 05:42 PM
J Charles had the same amount of practice time and did pretty good. the 2nd string RB had the same amount of practice and did pretty good also. they also had new coaches. keep making your excuses, the point is, lane looked fat and slow last night.

So, maybe Charles is a better RB? Maybe the North defense wasn't as prepared either? Maybe it was just a Northern problem???

The fact of the matter is, I shouldn't sit here making excuses with someone who most-likely could not catch OR tackle the guy he talks down of, so I'll stop making excuses...

http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/Photo/Images/h4880pi.gif
"The North will win"

HighSchool Fan
07-27-2005, 05:44 PM
I'll stop making excuses...

about time

kepdawg
07-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Lufkin must have never played a team of good players since "fat and slow" had 1975 yards rushing with 36 TDs, 436 yards receiving with 6 TDs, and 1 passing TD. "Fat and slow" must be what successful programs are interested in these days. A&M certainly wasn't the only big name school to offer "fat and slow." Was "fat and slow" the best back in the game last night? Nope! Would I take "fat and slow" on my team? Anytime!

HighSchool Fan
07-27-2005, 05:51 PM
you guys amaze me. all year everyone heard about him. the time everyone gets to see him, he is a dissapointment. how hard is that to understand, i'm sure it's harder for some than others.

Gobbla2001
07-27-2005, 05:55 PM
you guys amaze me. all year everyone heard about him. the time everyone gets to see him, he is a dissapointment. how hard is that to understand, i'm sure it's harder for some than others.

So all-star games, which are usualy out of control on each level (whether it be high school, college or pro) should determine whether a kid is a dissapointment or not?

I think you're just upset at him because he didn't help your 'The North Will Win' cause any...

kepdawg
07-27-2005, 05:56 PM

You amaze me acting as if one game defines a player!

sicem74
07-27-2005, 06:29 PM
lol

HighSchool Fan
07-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
You amaze me acting as if one game defines a player!

when you hear how great someone is, then they perform like he did, it's easy to say he was a dissappointment. go back and show me where i said he didn't have a great year, or said that he wouldn't have a great college career. all i did was state the very obivious, last night he looked fat and slow.

Gobbla2001
07-27-2005, 06:43 PM

Gobbla2001
07-27-2005, 06:45 PM

Gobbla2001
07-27-2005, 06:50 PM
I understand what you're saying about him being a dissapointment last night, we get that... you didn't say he would not have a great college career, but that it won't be as a tail-back (meaning last night's game decided his future in your eyes)...

So he didn't play up to the hype last night, I do not think many people would disagree with you there... But to see him play one meaningless game and decide 'oh, he won't be a good college TB' jjust caught me off-guard as I'm sure it did kepdawg and others...

lostaussie
07-27-2005, 06:52 PM
exactly, when playing against a team of good players he couldn't do anything. he showed everyone that has never seen him play 2 things last night, 1) fat 2) slow. heck, i guess lufkin never played against good players. lane will be allright. one allstar game does not make a career.

HighSchool Fan
07-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
heck, i guess lufkin never played against good players. lane will be allright. one allstar game does not make a career.

there is a big difference playing against a team that has a couple of good players compared to playing against a team that has all good players. last night was all good players. again, go show me where i said he wouldn't have a good career.

Gobbla2001
07-27-2005, 07:58 PM
there is a big difference playing against a team that has a couple of good players compared to playing against a team that has all good players. last night was all good players. again, go show me where i said he wouldn't have a good career.

I feel like taking a timeout here, guys...

Isn't is good that we're talking about football now?

You didn't say he'd have a good career... just said it would be as a FB and not a TB...

HighSchool Fan
07-27-2005, 08:15 PM

You didn't say he'd have a good career... just said it would be as a FB and not a TB...

if i'm wrong, oh well, it won't be the first time. however, he should remind you of one of the best RB's ever from Texas, Robert Strait. he was a heck of a hs rb. his size made him a fb in college. i see the same thing happening with lane.