PDA

View Full Version : Thsca All-star Football Game Tonight @ 7:30

nutcrackin
07-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Where: San Antonio
Channel: FSSW

Daniel Dodd LB will be representing Gilmer for the North squad. He will be #16.
What players from your town will be playing?

other notables from East Texas are:

Stephen Hodge- Tatum(TCU) QB/SS
Keith Gilliam- Kilgore(Utah ST.) RB
Brandon Carter- Longview Spring Hill(Texas Tech) DT/OT

Bandera YaYa
07-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Do you know where in SA it's being played?? The Alamodome???

nutcrackin
07-26-2005, 11:57 AM
yes... the dome.

HighSchool Fan
07-26-2005, 12:11 PM
the north will win

Gobbla2001
07-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Offensive Tackle Ross Nigh will represent Cuero for the South...

I think he replaces our QB, who injured his foot while lifting weights...

Does anyone remember when an Ennis coach was on one side and an Ennis player was on the other? what year was? I forget...

Bull's-eye
07-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Bellville's Emmanuel Sanders will play for the south. I think he will be #15. He should play WR and may get some time in the secondary. I also expect him to be involved in the return game.

Good luck to all the 3A players!!

texasjeremy
07-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Palestine's Ronald Brown will play tonight too.

Bandera YaYa
07-26-2005, 12:26 PM
There is an article on Colt McCoy from Jim Ned (2A) in the current Southern Living....the article is on Dave Campbell actually...anyways, I am going to watch the game and see this young man throw....I wonder if he's as good as they say......I think they said he is going to be a LongHorn in the fall.

lostaussie
07-26-2005, 12:29 PM
class a big sandy has a defensive player on the south squad and gilmer's player is on the north squad. these two schools are in the same county. how can they be on opposite teams. just wondering if anyone knows how they evidently "distribute" the players.

Bull's-eye
07-26-2005, 12:56 PM
I didn't notice anything in the Houston Chronicle about the THSCA all-star games. Did any other newspapers have any articles?

Ranger05
07-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
There is an article on Colt McCoy from Jim Ned (2A) in the current Southern Living....the article is on Dave Campbell actually...anyways, I am going to watch the game and see this young man throw....I wonder if he's as good as they say......I think they said he is going to be a LongHorn in the fall. When i watched Colt McCoy in the playoffs i could see that he was a good QB, but candian did a good job of covering the recievers and keeping pressure on him he did make some things happen for Jim Ned in that game which kept them in the game until the very end. I think he can make a good college QB he has the arm strength and is a very athlectic player

panther power
07-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Colt is ok, he put up huge numbers in an offense that his father put together to make him look real good. UT is thin at the back up qb position, they even have a kid from Pecos on the roster who wasnt even all-district.....

sicem74
07-26-2005, 01:36 PM
I really hope the South wins because our Quaterback Ryan Mullins will be playin on the South , Jacob Bane from Rogers, and Donovan King from Rice Consolidated good look South and the people I just listed!

Bandera YaYa
07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by panther power
Colt is ok, he put up huge numbers in an offense that his father put together to make him look real good. UT is thin at the back up qb position, they even have a kid from Pecos on the roster who wasnt even all-district..... Lol....sounds like ya'll lost that game!!! LOL

injuredinmelee
07-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by panther power
Colt is ok, he put up huge numbers in an offense that his father put together to make him look real good. UT is thin at the back up qb position, they even have a kid from Pecos on the roster who wasnt even all-district.....

Colt is a good QB. Very worthy of his scholarship to UT. I have watched him play several times and his by far the most polished 2A QB I have seen in at least the last 7 years. He has good arm strength and good field vision. AS far as the offense being set up by his daddy, yes it was. But it wasnt simply to make him look good. He still had to make the plays.

BeastoftheEast
07-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
class a big sandy has a defensive player on the south squad and gilmer's player is on the north squad. these two schools are in the same county. how can they be on opposite teams. just wondering if anyone knows how they evidently "distribute" the players.

The North consists of Regions 1 & 2 and the South consists of Regions 3 & 4. East Texas is split between Regions 2 & 3 so it depends on what district the kid is in.

nutcrackin
07-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Rodderick Muckelroy- Hallsville (UT) LB
6'3 215

Chris Brown- Texas High(UT) LB
6'2 220

Both will be on the North along with Dodd.
Should be some collisions there. Dodd is 6'1 200 but 4.55 speed. Made the last open field tackle on Moye in the state game against Jasper as they were trying to score.

CheerMom
07-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Was hoping to be able to get to SA to watch in person, but I'll have to cheer for Donovan King, and the rest of the South from home.
Go Donovan, you make us proud!!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Ladykat5
07-26-2005, 04:42 PM
I thought the game was gonna be on ESPN?

lostaussie
07-26-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by nutcrackin
Rodderick Muckelroy- Hallsville (UT) LB
6'3 215

this is one bad boy!!!! ut fans will have much to cheer for.

Ladykat5
07-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Hodge is my boyfriends roommate and we fight constantly! It'll be fun watchin him get clobberd I just hope he doesnt get hurt.