PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Madison state title?

Matthew328
07-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Could be if DISD implements a plan that was discussed.......keeping all the Hutch seniors together and sending them to Madison...Madison was already going to be strong after a 9-3 season last year....keep an eye on this story

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Wow, that would be incredible if that does happen. Wouldn't be too shocked if Hollywood made a movie out of it if Madison does win it all.

Too bad the Hutch head coach is the one getting screwed out of all of this.

fairfield_06
07-25-2005, 10:51 PM
I don't really like that idea too much. That is like combining to pretty good 3a football teams into one. Plus there also good in basketball. Could be intresting you make a good point. I just think it's kind of tough on the rest of the region. But then again the first thing we should worry about is these kids education

Old Green
07-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by fairfield_06
I don't really like that idea too much. That is like combining to pretty good 3a football teams into one. Plus there also good in basketball. Could be intresting you make a good point. I just think it's kind of tough on the rest of the region. But then again the first thing we should worry about is these kids education That would be an awesome team. That would push Madison over the edge as for as a state title contender.

Phil C
07-26-2005, 09:46 AM
The potential to be a strong title contender for state is there but at the same time resentment and discention could destroy the team. It will be interesting to see what happens if it does. Another danger is that if all the seniors from WH go there it might push the enrollment up and put them into 4A after this year. Remember the UIL count is this year.

Phil C
07-26-2005, 10:01 AM
I looked at current enrollment figures for the 2004-2006 alignments and Dallas Madison has 641 students and WH has 784 students so if DM gets the senior class then it would probably raise them to about 847 students too late to count for the 2005 season of course and Kennedale who will probablly make the playoffs will be division 1. The danger of DM getting into 4A could be risky if it is done but the prospect of being in Division 2 this year could put the state title within reach.

Phil C
07-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
That would be an awesome team. That would push Madison over the edge as for as a state title contender.

Hey Old we need to do something about that quick! Maybe we could somehow combine Sinton-Cuero athletes for this one year to challenge them and maybe bring home a championship and call it Sinton-Cuero ISD or Cuero-Sinton ISD.

:D

gobblerfan02
07-26-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey Old we need to do something about that quick! Maybe we could somehow combine Sinton-Cuero athletes for this one year to challenge them and maybe bring home a championship and call it Sinton-Cuero ISD or Cuero-Sinton ISD.

:D

Hey Phil, that sounds like a great idea!!! And I think it would work too, seeing that last year these two teams had nothing but the utmost respect for each other. IF WH does go with Madison, they will be tough if they mesh well together, no matter who they play!

District303aPastPlayer
07-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Hey Phil, that sounds like a great idea!!! And I think it would work too, seeing that last year these two teams had nothing but the utmost respect for each other. IF WH does go with Madison, they will be tough if they mesh well together, no matter who they play!

which is why i believe that this team could implode and be a cellar dweller for the year.

BeastoftheEast
07-26-2005, 11:21 AM
There was an interesting article about this today in the Dallas Morning News. It seems that the WH kids do not want to play for or go to Madison. I know they don't have much say in the matter but I bet if they combined with Madison the internal conflict would kill the team. Imagine the resentment that would be caused when players postions were taken. Talent alone does not win a state championship and this may be a great example of that. The coaches at Madison will have their work cut out for them.

BeastoftheEast
07-26-2005, 11:23 AM
The article also talked about two players who were recruited by Gatesville. The article gives some pretty condeming evidence about Gatesville's recruiting. It actually quotes the players that were recruited by a Gatesville coach.

Old Green
07-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

:D That would make one heck of a team Phil.

LH Panther Mom
07-26-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by BeastoftheEast
The article also talked about two players who were recruited by Gatesville. The article gives some pretty condeming evidence about Gatesville's recruiting. It actually quotes the players that were recruited by a Gatesville coach.

No, the article stated "a relative" of a Gatesville coach.

JR2004
07-26-2005, 07:55 PM
I'd be happy to see those kids from Hutch transfer to Madison. Madison already has a lot of talent returning from last season. They only lost 9 players off of the team last year that went 3 rounds and 17 of those kids from a year ago were just sophomores. I believe that with the kids from Hutch, they'd be the team to beat in the region and without them I still think they are one of the 3 best teams in the region in the DII bracket. If Shawnbrey McNeil stays healthy all season at RB, they're going to have a very good season regardless of what happens with the Hutch players.

Rabbit'93
07-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Only hypothetical buuuutttt....

I would like to see WH attend school @ madison but practice and play as WH. It's a shame that because adults can't operate a district that these young men are having their lives altered.

shellman54
07-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Could be if DISD implements a plan that was discussed.......keeping all the Hutch seniors together and sending them to Madison...Madison was already going to be strong after a 9-3 season last year....keep an eye on this story

Does that mean you are going to change your top 25 again?

dutchman
07-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Wilmer-Hutchins Seniors to go to Dallas South Oak Cliff High
W-H Seniors to stick together in DISD (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/072805dnmetwilmer.16276ebb.html)

kepdawg
07-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Was WH any good in basketball last year? Any of the seniors going to be able to make it on the SOC team?