PDA

View Full Version : Best 3A reciever's

Puppetmaster101
11-02-2002, 07:27 PM
Who do yall think are the best rec. in 3A. My pick Jordan Shipley!

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 07:41 PM
"Jordan Shipley, the coach’s son, is the third leading returning receiver in the state, having caught 47 passes for an amazing 1,119 yards last season – that’s nearly 24 yards a catch." - sasports.com

Shipley is as good as they get in Texas (not just centex) Football. He was named All-State as a Freshman and Sophomore with the overwhelming choice to be named again as a Junior. The sentiment in the stands was throw it to Shipley he'll catch anything.

The things that I saw in the last game from Shipley was truly a skilled athlete. There is a reason (way beyond the fact he's the coaches son) why he plays kick returner, punt returner, corner back and wide receiver. He has amazing hands and his YAC is very startling. Once he has the ball he has blazing speed and his elusive running style makes DB's come out of their shoes trying to stop him. His size is good for a JR in HS. I thought maybe he could put on some more size to excel even better at the next level. However, he again impressed me on one particular drive in which he dragged 3 defensive players 5 additional yds.

Yes Shipley is obviously the stud of 3A receivers yet let's not overlook the fact that his timing and work with McGee allows him to excel that much more. I think that the combination of McGee/Shipley should make upcoming opponents sick to play against Burnet. One last piece that opens up the passing game for McGee/Shipley is a good running game (Miller.)

I'd be curious what colleges (if any) are starting to take interest in Shipley.

<small>[ November 02, 2002, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: BurnetBulldog ]</small>

Harry_MAN
11-02-2002, 08:03 PM
Yea we all know shipley is soooo good but LH is goin to snap him in half!!!!

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 08:12 PM
While you're attempting to "Snap" Shipley in half Miller will be flying by towards his way to the end zone. This is why LH will have a hard time beating Burnet. Way too many weapons that is why they are so effective. But if you want to debate the game start a new post. Otherwise I'd like to hear who else deserves mention as far as receivers go.

Puppetmaster101
11-02-2002, 08:15 PM
Shut-up you retard this is a poll about who people think is a good reciever not how your going to hurt them. I think somebody's mad about their team not having one.

Keith7
11-02-2002, 08:37 PM
Joseph Krebs of Bridgeport gets my vote

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 09:25 PM
Here's a good article from the American Statesman on Burnet junior receiver/safety Jordan Shipley.

Burnet Bulldogs and Jordan Shipley (http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:YhX8ORU1S3kJ:www.austin360.com/statesman/editions/today/sports_1.html+patrick+miller+burnet&hl=en&ie=UTF-8)

BurnetBulldog
11-03-2002, 12:59 AM
I would like to see more posts on this. Especially from some of the playoff teams...Sinton, Jasper etc. Would like to know who the best are...or who people think are.

sinfan75
11-03-2002, 12:52 PM
Brandon Salone of Sinton.he don't have the stats to brag about.But if the ball is any where near him,9times out of 10 he'll haul it in.

bigbullbacker
11-03-2002, 11:23 PM
Krebs from B'port is a good one too vote for.

j_dog
11-03-2002, 11:42 PM
BurnetBulldog:
I would like to see more posts on this. Especially from some of the playoff teams...Sinton, Jasper etc. Would like to know who the best are...or who people think are.I understand that Jasper has at least 4 very good speedy receivers, but don't expect a lot of stats from any one of them. Between spreading the passes around, and giving the ball off to 3 very good RB's, plus the QB keeping for several TD's, Jasper receivers are probably not going to have impressive receiving stats. Their goal is winning games, not building stats.

SintonFan
11-04-2002, 02:45 AM
BurnetBulldog:
"Jordan Shipley, the coach’s son, is the third leading returning receiver in the state, having caught 47 passes for an amazing 1,119 yards last season – that’s nearly 24 yards a catch." - sasports.com

Shipley is as good as they get in Texas (not just centex) Football. He was named All-State as a Freshman and Sophomore with the overwhelming choice to be named again as a Junior. The sentiment in the stands was throw it to Shipley he'll catch anything.

The things that I saw in the last game from Shipley was truly a skilled athlete. There is a reason (way beyond the fact he's the coaches son) why he plays kick returner, punt returner, corner back and wide receiver. He has amazing hands and his YAC is very startling. Once he has the ball he has blazing speed and his elusive running style makes DB's come out of their shoes trying to stop him. His size is good for a JR in HS. I thought maybe he could put on some more size to excel even better at the next level. However, he again impressed me on one particular drive in which he dragged 3 defensive players 5 additional yds.

Yes Shipley is obviously the stud of 3A receivers yet let's not overlook the fact that his timing and work with McGee allows him to excel that much more. I think that the combination of McGee/Shipley should make upcoming opponents sick to play against Burnet. One last piece that opens up the passing game for McGee/Shipley is a good running game (Miller.)

I'd be curious what colleges (if any) are starting to take interest in Shipley.Hate to say it Sinton. This guy is good. He's really good. The night I saw him, he had like 220 yards receiving. It's not like the other team ignored him. He beat double coverage on at least one long (20+) TD. He's a stud. Yes, you can tell McGee and Shipley have been working on pass routes since pre-school (at least that's what it looked like to me). Salone is good, but Shipley had routes to take advantage of his abilities (or made it look easy). Burnet is really balanced. That's why they are ranked so high (deservedly so).
This is just my humble opinion.

<small>[ November 04, 2002, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

repeat2002
11-04-2002, 11:48 AM
Jordan Shipley and Joseph Krebs - hard to pick between the two. Krebs is a very physical receiver who will catch anything close to him. Shipley has more speed and is probably the better YAC receiver. I think between the two you could not go wrong, however Shipley has the better big play potential and the ability to take over a game almost by himself. Krebs is a great receiver, probably no matter what system he is in, however the system he is in does benefit him a great deal. Fantasy FB fanatics would not go wrong with either of these fine receivers.

mg
11-04-2002, 08:23 PM
As tightends go, Junior, Justus Cook, of Cleveland has my vote. Doesn't get as many passes as WRs or RBs, but he does average 25 yards per catch and leads the district among tightends and is 3rd among district receivers in total yards. Runs with authority and good speed.

Donkey41
11-04-2002, 09:33 PM
Though we don't throw the ball as much as we run Patrick Jefferson is a pretty good reciever. He has made some key receptions in time of need and catches almost everything thrown his way. Though his stats aren't going to get him in the papers he deserves some mention.

jcastor
11-04-2002, 09:40 PM
Campbell from Perryton is one of the top ones...He was all-state last year, and a blue chip recruit...He doesn't play reciever mainly this year because he gets put in a position to touch the ball all the time....He has a lot of talent, and is extremely fun to watch when he has the ball...

phoenix
11-05-2002, 11:29 PM
Krebs from B'port is one of the best without a doubt.

wildcat834
11-06-2002, 12:03 AM
Jason Tomlinson is a very good receiver, for Kennedale. Kennedale does not throw the ball as much, but if you put him in Bridgeports system, he would come close to leading the region. He is extremely fast and tall, also great hands and leaping ability. He will not get the numbers other players do, cause of the Kennedale running game. Last year with Smith playing quarterback, Tomlinson had a solid year.

KennedaleWildcat
11-07-2002, 10:01 PM
Yep I agree wit Wildcat81 J. tomlinson is good. If we passed more he would be leading the area in yards.

lildawg07
11-07-2002, 10:14 PM
I would still go with Shipley. He is AWSOME!

justanopinion
11-07-2002, 11:46 PM
Forney's recievers.........HAHAHAHA just kidding guys. One of them told me to put that. They thought it would be funny.

3ABirdMan
11-08-2002, 12:21 AM
As far as TEAM goes, I have to say the 3 guys below from Hadrin-Jefferson (Sour Lake). They are the top 3 in District 21-AAA according to the stats on the Bridge City page.

RECEIVING
Player School Recpt. Yds. Avg. Tds.
Chris Coleman Hardin-Jefferson 20 377 18.9 2
Justin Burrell Hardin-Jefferson 18 402 22.3 6
Dustin Wilkins Hardin-Jefferson 16 223 13.9 1

And, No, I'm not from H-J....I'm from BC, so I'm not being biased. These guys looked great against us when we played them!

SintonFan
11-08-2002, 02:15 AM
justanopinion:
Forney's recievers.........HAHAHAHA just kidding guys. One of them told me to put that. They thought it would be funny.One of those guys playing RB? LOL... Oh well, Forney has some quality players! :D

justanopinion
11-08-2002, 09:52 AM
SintonFan,
I wish I could tell you it was a RB but it wasn't.
It was our #2 WR..............ain't that a joke.