PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M University vs. the University of Texas

NHSRattler60
07-24-2005, 05:37 PM
I just thought I'd let everyone in on the record of the Feud. The Two Have faced off since 1984, and have had 111 Games (which wow, what a coincedence adds up to the number of years as well)

Out of those 111 Games, The University of Texas dominates the series 72-34 and 5 ties (old days) and right now Texas owns a 5 game winning streak against the Aggies. (3 home, 2 away) This year the game is at Kyle Feild, reportedly the HARDEST place to play a game (unless you're Baylor, but then again, Baylor is used to the Boos at home, so it's no biggie right?....j/k.....or am I?)

So My thoughts are with the accelerated teams brought to the table by BOTH ends of the spectrum it's gonna be a battle. But the big question I'm asking is what about the Texas Running game. Sure Vince can run....but what about the running backs? Can their super powered Rookies (and boy did they bring in some good talent) hit the ground running towards the heisman like the last 2 RBs they've had? Or is A&M's Defense gonna' prove too much?

What do you guys think? Aggies or Horns?

Bulldog_12
07-24-2005, 05:41 PM
It definately will be a battle.......finally.haha But in seriousness, Im sure that UT will reload at RB, it always happens and I know that A&M's rush defense will be MUCH improved from last years due to their maturity and experience from last year. Maybe that will hold UT in check and maybe, just maybe the game will come down to whomever has the better passing game that day.

lostaussie
07-24-2005, 05:43 PM
call us back in about 3 months. i think few ag fans have a clue of what kind of team they will have. need to get out of the blocks good and build some confidence. then we will see.

gobbler84
07-24-2005, 06:03 PM
The Young duo (Vincent and Selvin) are to mych for the aggies....Not to mention Ramonce Taylor also!!

sicem74
07-24-2005, 07:16 PM
hey man never leave baylor out in thins kind of conversation sic em

sahen
07-24-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
hey man never leave baylor out in thins kind of conversation sic em
he didnt...he actually took a pot shot at us if u'd just read his post....i wouldnt mind u firing back on that....

PPHSfan
07-24-2005, 09:22 PM
"The Two Have faced off since 1984, and have had 111 Games"

wow 111 games in 21 years is a lot

Rabbit'93
07-24-2005, 09:26 PM
u caught that too! lol

AggieJohn
07-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
wow 111 games in 21 years is a lot

debbie is advising me too stay away from this one

RdaleBoi08
07-25-2005, 01:01 AM
Horns...because you cant forget they have real WR group coming up! and they have some slid RB's Taylor, Young, and the True Freshmen Charles!

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-25-2005, 04:47 AM
i think if texas beats ou this year they will loose to A&M because there is a chance they may over look them. they will be the final hurdle for texas to pass before playing for the big XII tittle(if they play for it) so i think where they win earlier in the season has some pull as to how they will do in its end.

YBS
07-25-2005, 09:24 AM
baylor hasn't won AT A&M since 84 at the earliest. baylor won at baylor last year...A&M will be ready. If you're asking who'll have a better record probably texas. A&M has one of the toughest overall schedules again. Ags win at home by 2 w/ RM going for 2 passing touches and 1 rushing.

Titans
07-25-2005, 09:27 AM
Tennessee or Michigan are probably the toughest places to play. LSU is not an easy place either.

In TX, I'd give Kyle Field the edge over Texas Tech, but only a little.

The overall toughest place to play: Cameron Indoor Arena

Duke has that mystique and those whacked out fans....ARGH

111 games since 1984? Does the NCAA realize this? They have been playing behind our backs....

THOSE CHEATERS

District303aPastPlayer
07-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Cameron Indoor is Bananas

LH Panther Mom
07-25-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
debbie is advising me too stay away from this one

Only from the constant "bashing", not from discussing. Of course, if that's the only thing to be contributed, then it'd be a good idea. ;) The same goes for others, as well.

AggieJohn
07-25-2005, 01:54 PM
yeah, but my discussing has subliminal bashing to it

Bobcatwideout
07-25-2005, 03:08 PM
For sure Texas... Vince Young is a force to be reckon with and Texas has there offensive line back and some young recievers especially shipley im excited to see him play this year

rockdale80
07-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Bobcatwideout
For sure Texas... Vince Young is a force to be reckon with and Texas has there offensive line back and some young recievers especially shipley im excited to see him play this year

So you are saying that because Vince played well in one big game last year, and choked in the rest, he is a "force to be reckoned with?" I just cant jump on the bandwagon yet. He showed several signs of immaturity in the Rose bowl. His first half meltdown was the reason they had to come back the way they did. Not knocking Texas...I want them to win, and hope Young is ready to stop losing these bs games, and win a national championship. Just dont think it will be next year is all.

KTJ
05-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
So you are saying that because Vince played well in one big game last year, and choked in the rest, he is a "force to be reckoned with?" I just cant jump on the bandwagon yet. He showed several signs of immaturity in the Rose bowl. His first half meltdown was the reason they had to come back the way they did. Not knocking Texas...I want them to win, and hope Young is ready to stop losing these bs games, and win a national championship. Just dont think it will be next year is all.

You a VY fan yet?

:D

AggieJohn
05-11-2006, 10:38 PM
thanks for bringing up an old and dead thread....vy's in the pro's now...

rockdale80
05-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
You a VY fan yet?

:D

Still not on the bandwagon, but I am glad he played for Texas this year....:) :) :)

KTJ
05-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Still not on the bandwagon, but I am glad he played for Texas this year....:) :) :)

What more does he need to do for you to be a fan?

:confused: