4. Atlanta.......................................76

5. Wilmer-Hutchins.......................67 ***** Not playing in 2005

6. West Orange-Stark.................62

7. Jasper......................................52

8. Bridgeport...............................47

9. Tatum.......................................35

10. Cameron Yoe........................35

11. Sinton....................................30

12. Gilmer...................................19 (3A Division II Champion, 16-0)

13. Gainesville............................17

14. Barbers Hill...........................16

15. Devine...................................14

15. Port Isabel (1).......................14

15. Wimberley.............................14

lostaussie
07-24-2005, 08:12 AM
These are from coaching school in san antonio. got them off of smoakys website. for anyone interested, they have all classifications listed.

lostaussie
07-24-2005, 08:25 AM
found a couple of interesting things associated with this poll. div I champ abilene wylie not getting much respect. also trying to figure out how cuero got almost twice as many number one votes but ended up second. its like they were completely left off of some ballots. someone please tell me where devine is. never heard of them. just wondering who they are in distict with.

VWG
07-24-2005, 08:48 AM
Leaving Abilene Wylie out of any poll is really strange. No respect for the Bulldogs, but that's probably the way Coach Sandifer likes it.
I've also noticed that since Decatur lost it's two big guns in Dane and Christianson that they've been omitted in every poll also.
They had a great team last year.

District303aPastPlayer
07-24-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
found a couple of interesting things associated with this poll. div I champ abilene wylie not getting much respect. also trying to figure out how cuero got almost twice as many number one votes but ended up second. its like they were completely left off of some ballots. someone please tell me where devine is. never heard of them. just wondering who they are in distict with.

Devine is on the outskirts of San Antonio if im not mistaken.

jason
07-24-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by VWG

They had a great team last year. they had a good team....great teams win state titles...

Gobbla2001
07-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Dang, Marlin's getting the respect from coaches too... So now I guess they're stupid as well as DCTF?

Didn't think so...

B, stop holding out on us, what's up with Marlin this year?

marlin fan
07-24-2005, 10:21 AM
THSCA MEDIA PRESEASON POLLS

Class 3A

1. Marlin (4)................................135

:eek: :thinking: i dunno Gobbla we are always loaded with Talent and this year we have some move-in's... i guess they think this is the year of the dawgs!!:thinking:

lostaussie
07-24-2005, 10:25 AM
hey, i bet ya'll can't guess who was #1 in 5a? duh!!!!

injuredinmelee
07-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by marlin fan
:eek: :thinking: i dunno Gobbla we are always loaded with Talent and this year we have some move-in's... i guess they think this is the year of the dawgs!!:thinking:

I have a coach that works for me during the summers that used to coach at Marlin and he said it is ridiculous how much talent Marlin puts on the field every year.

injuredinmelee
07-24-2005, 10:28 AM
As far as Wylie not getting any love, so be it. We will see whos still playing in December.

lostaussie
07-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
As far as Wylie not getting any love, so be it. We will see whos still playing in December. and so we shall. its getting exciting folks. time is nearing.

Ranger Mom
07-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
As far as Wylie not getting any love, so be it. We will see whos still playing in December.

We are off week 0.....we have Abilene Wylie our very first game!:eek: :eek:

Then comes Sweetwater and Snyder then on to 4-A Andrews.....I hope we make it to district in one piece!:(

lostaussie
07-24-2005, 10:37 AM
sounds like a week 1 shootout. i love it!!!!!!!!!

Gobbla2001
07-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Yah, I think Wylie will do just fine... I think they'll be in this poll once a few games have been played...

44INAROW
07-24-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Then comes Sweetwater and Snyder then on to 4-A Andrews.....I hope we make it to district in one piece!:(

Wow - :eek:

dutchman
07-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

This is what you call preparation. After this you are ready for the world. You know what to expect in the big games and you have some idea how to plan. Winning in the preseason is good but it is just the beggining. District is a whole other animal. And the the playoffs, one game and you go home. One season for the fans, three seasons for the players and coaches.

Ranger Mom
07-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by dutchman
One season for the fans, three seasons for the players and coaches.

I had never thought of it like that before!!

dutchman
07-24-2005, 11:39 AM
RangerMom,

I was at the state playoff game between midland greenwood and bandera, i think i sat on the visitors side - bandera? - just as you come into the stadium. I knew this would be a good game, when the back from greenwood broke off the long touch down run at the begginning of the game and then bandera pounded the ball down the field. great game, great finish. good luck this year!

sicem74
07-24-2005, 02:55 PM
congrats marlin, cameron is up there too

rockdale80
07-24-2005, 04:59 PM
I think preseason polls are useless. For instance a team that is ranked low in the preseason reels off 10 wins in a row, and they barely crack the top ten or twenty by the end of district. Even a team that is ranked high loses a game and they are still ranked leaving a team with a stellar record out of recognition. I think there is too much emphasis on these polls. They are fun to look at and project, but they shouldn't mean anything once the season is off and rolling. Or you could go ask Manor- that was supposed to dominate last year- how they did. Or even the non contenders at Cameron how they ended up. Just my opinion though.

lostaussie
07-24-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I think preseason polls are useless. For instance a team that is ranked low in the preseason reels off 10 wins in a row, and they barely crack the top ten or twenty by the end of district. Even a team that is ranked high loses a game and they are still ranked leaving a team with a stellar record out of recognition. I think there is too much emphasis on these polls. They are fun to look at and project, but they shouldn't mean anything once the season is off and rolling. Or you could go ask Manor- that was supposed to dominate last year- how they did. Or even the non contenders at Cameron how they ended up. Just my opinion though. i agree with all my heart. polls mean absolutely nothing. i only put this thread up for(1) give everyone insight on how different the polls are, and (2) give us something to talk about. i kind of like the talking part myself, because i'm definately ready for our boys to start defense of their title. i love the anticipation.

rockdale80
07-24-2005, 05:25 PM
i agree with all my heart. polls mean absolutely nothing. i only put this thread up for(1) give everyone insight on how different the polls are, and (2) give us something to talk about. i kind of like the talking part myself, because i'm definately ready for our boys to start defense of their title. i love the anticipation.

The anticipation is killing me. I haven't played in 6 years and I still get that itch around this time of year.

sicem74
07-24-2005, 05:33 PM
when im out of school it will be sweet sit back and chill

rockdale80
07-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
when im out of school it will be sweet sit back and chill

What will be sweet? Not playing? If you don't have a genuine love for the game then why play now?

sicem74
07-24-2005, 07:17 PM
u got it all mixed i didnt mean it like that

lostaussie
07-24-2005, 07:29 PM
you keep spelling like that, you may not get out of school!!!!!

3afan
07-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Devine is on the outskirts of San Antonio if im not mistaken.

Devine, TX (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=&city=devine&state=tx&zipcode=)

rockdale80
07-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
u got it all mixed i didnt mean it like that

Then how did you mean it?

Gobbla2001
07-24-2005, 08:01 PM
well, while we're on the topic of 'I wish I were playing/I can't wait till I get to sit back and chill', I'll admit I didn't play much... kinda hard trying to snag the starting position from a 6'3 330 pound right tackle who ends up getting 2nd in state in powerlifting... but dangit, I'd KILL to be in two-a-days this coming month, and would love to go out there and wear myself out...

I miss it...

Can't believe it's almost August, let's get 'em, boys...

dutchman
07-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I think preseason polls are useless. For instance a team that is ranked low in the preseason reels off 10 wins in a row, and they barely crack the top ten or twenty by the end of district. Even a team that is ranked high loses a game and they are still ranked leaving a team with a stellar record out of recognition. I think there is too much emphasis on these polls. They are fun to look at and project, but they shouldn't mean anything once the season is off and rolling. Or you could go ask Manor- that was supposed to dominate last year- how they did. Or even the non contenders at Cameron how they ended up. Just my opinion though.

the manor quip is too easy a strawman to knock over with hindsight. someone saw something in manor last year to rank them that high. personally, i never saw manor as a #1 team with cuero, abilene wiley - whom i have seen twice: against gatesville in 2000 state championship; and 2002 vs everman, and jasper last year i saw no reasonable answer in the selection. but i am sure it was more to the story than manor just dismantling. it is easy to step on someone when they are down, but just keep that in mind as your season progresses. best wishes for success.

rockdale80
07-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by dutchman
the manor quip is too easy a strawman to knock over with hindsight. someone saw something in manor last year to rank them that high. personally, i never saw manor as a #1 team with cuero, abilene wiley - whom i have seen twice: against gatesville in 2000 state championship; and 2002 vs everman, and jasper last year i saw no reasonable answer in the selection. but i am sure it was more to the story than manor just dismantling. it is easy to step on someone when they are down, but just keep that in mind as your season progresses. best wishes for success.

Who was I stepping on? It was an off hand example. I know this isn't the first time a team has been ranked and came out shooting blanks. Just the first one I could think of. So go back and read again the entire post.