PDA

View Full Version : Huffman softball

Old Cardinal
07-23-2005, 06:37 PM
I did get to see the Huffman girls and Orangefield girls in a playoff game over at Lumberton. It was a good game. That Region III situation will again be strong for softball. OF will graduate the house but has a good Sophomore pitcher in Christina Ratcliff. I can't remember how many Huffman has graduated?

etbu
07-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Huffman graduated only one or two from this year's team. . I think one starter and they have the soph. pitcher Kellers and the Catcher Bowers coming back. Kellers has a sister in the 8th grade that is as good as she is NOW.:D Bowers will get a D-1 scholarship and she was talking to ULA. and Baylor.

Old Cardinal
07-23-2005, 08:59 PM
I noticed Kellers and Bowers seem to work together real well.
I saw a couple of the Huntington HS girls that will be Sophomores playing for the Slammers when they played the Beaumont Blast Red for the state semi-finals a few weeks ago. They have five that played Varsity as Freshman up there. Coach Ruth Wright has all her girls, even JV playing on fairly good select teams year round. Huffman will be just one of any of the Region III teams with most all of the team back. It should make for some exciting preseason games coming up. Huffman has a good program developing.

Bobkat
07-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Orangefield has a new coach and should be a more fundamental and disciplined team. Orangefield has had the talent the last 5 or 6 years to compete alot better than they have. I think the Lady Cats will surprise some teams this year.

etbu
07-23-2005, 09:18 PM
We lost our Coach and have a new one which I do not know their name. Being in the same district with BH and Splendora makes life LONG sometimes. Huntington had a really good team this year as the hammered Huffman. We could not their pitcher at all. Bowers will be one of the top catchers in the state this next year. BC has a really STRONG program every year. How are you guys looking for next year? Plus I saw your CC team at the regionals this year and was really IMPRESSED

18handicap
07-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Huffman's new coach is the former head coach at Orange Grove, Robert Chambliss.

etbu
07-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Huffman's new coach is the former head coach at Orange Grove, Robert Chambliss.
Where is Orangegrove and how big is it? Good Coach?