PDA

View Full Version : A few questions for the Huffman folk?

Old Cardinal
07-23-2005, 01:18 PM
I am increasingly impressed with what I am hearing about H-H. #1 What is your current enrollment and projection for going on up to 4A?
#2 I hear you have a fine returning football team--what is your projections against WO-S in playoff football?
#3 I hear that you have excellent sportsmanship in every sport and that is good.
#4 What does your competition look like compared to your various girls & boys teams?
In District?, Bi-District?, beyond?

Cat22
07-23-2005, 02:20 PM
I can say this about Huffman. They are some of the classes people I've met. I throughly enjoy playing them. Orangefield's first scrimmage is against them. Should be fun, can't wait to meet those folks.

etbu
07-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I am increasingly impressed with what I am hearing about H-H. #1 What is your current enrollment and projection for going on up to 4A?
#2 I hear you have a fine returning football team--what is your projections against WO-S in playoff football?
#3 I hear that you have excellent sportsmanship in every sport and that is good.
#4 What does your competition look like compared to your various girls & boys teams?
In District?, Bi-District?, beyond?
Thanks for the kind words first of all.
1. Current enrollment this coming year should be bewteen 923 and 935 depending on what happens. On going Four-A we should go up this next year along with BH. I thought we would have do so long ago but they keep pushing up the numbers.
2. Football team should be pretty good but we are not good enough where we can project the outcome of a game like a team such as WOS. We have only have been to the playoff's five times in thirty five years so it's not like we can talk alot of noise.
3. Sportsmanship: The kids on this team are some of the finest young men you will meet anywhere. HUGE CHARACTER.
4. Competion is tough with BH, Liberty and Splendora. Cleveland is very tough when it comes to Basketball.
Thanks again for the kind words.

Hupernikomen
07-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Not to speak for Huffman, but they are competitive in every sport. They will go 4A eventually. THey are on a side of Houston that is expanding pretty rapidly. They have some good looking athletes and will tough to beat again this year.

AggieJohn
07-23-2005, 03:47 PM
hmm, i guess huffman has changed from back when i was in high school, they were like the tech of the district

BHBrave08
07-23-2005, 03:54 PM
BH and Huffman are big time rivals in the district so we (bh people) are not suppose to like them. But they are very classy people that I respect :) (even though last year at a jv football game in huffman a friend of mine had both bones in his left arm broke during the game. :mad: ). But I still hope we beat yall during the season. :D Good luck to yall in D1 playoffs.

etbu
07-23-2005, 04:24 PM
Look everyone has their immates and believe me we have ours. I can only speak from the folks that I know from the schools in our district. I know some from each school and from BH the Pattons, Daniels, Fisher on and on are great kids. Its real simple if you are nice to folks they usually in return will treat you the same.

wildkat0507
07-23-2005, 04:48 PM
I know some from each school and from BH the Pattons, Daniels, Fisher on and on are great kids. Its real simple if you are nice to folks they usually in return will treat you the same.

Yes Daniels is a great guy. I have met daniels but havent met the patton borthers or fisher. Daniels i know for a fact gets looked at by the younger kids. For 1 my brother respects and honors him in all of daniels' ways and actions. For 2 He is a very good christian boy and thats wat a real man is made of. Even though i did fell srry for him last year in the playoffs on the sideline as a cheerleader watching in agony when he got tackeld like 40 times by our BIG DDDDDDDDD!! But wat an awesome game our boys played.

LH Panther Mom
07-23-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
hmm, i guess huffman has changed from back when i was in high school, they were like the tech of the district

And what the heck is that supposed to mean? :mad: :hand:

etbu
07-23-2005, 11:35 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I like Tech and Huffman so he hit the bullseye::::: Hey LHMOM come see us at http://huffmanfalcons.com/index.php

AggieJohn
07-24-2005, 12:29 AM
when i was in high school, they were classless clowns of the district

LH Panther Mom
07-24-2005, 12:35 AM

Don't go there.

Supertilley
07-24-2005, 01:20 AM
I have only seen them play once. I can say that it makes you angry to be on the other side of the ball. They played great football and played it well. They played with class too. It made me so mad that they beat us and were good sportsmans about doing it. It's like your supost to dislike the team that beat you, but with H-H I didn't feel that way. I left that game feeling very confused.

AggieJohn
07-24-2005, 02:06 AM
i'm not talking about the current huffan falcons, i'm talking about the 99-01 versions, those were the ones that talked the most trash of any of he schools we played, well with the exception of anahuac, that one was always fun for the guys, they wanted to take down the "copycats"(because they were the panthers too)

BHBrave08
07-24-2005, 12:35 PM

Oh. believe me they (the kids not the parents) still have there moments.