PDA

View Full Version : Back to the drawing board!!

Ranger Mom
07-22-2005, 06:41 PM
I got the flag all cut out and started to copy the design on to it......I found out real quick that carbon paper will not copy on to the vinyl!

So......on to plan #2 (and I really hope that plan #2 works....because I don't have a plan #3)!!!!

BHBrave08
07-22-2005, 06:48 PM
lol. keep working. only 3 weeks. http://www.gcn.ie/newgcn/forum/smileys/sm/whip.gif

jk.:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-22-2005, 07:41 PM
its Ranger Mom, she can do anything. it will be done.

Ranger Mom
07-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Well I am scrapping the vinyl and going with something else. When I signed it, I signed a 3 inch square.....I found out that trying to write on 3 foot piece was next to impossible!!

Now I am trying to figure out what I should use to write on some white canvas I am thinking of trying. I don't know if a sharpie would run or not....I am thinking a fabric pen maybe!

When I go to the fabric store tomorrow or Sunday, I will remember to have my sharpie in hand this time!

pirate4state
07-23-2005, 01:20 AM
Sorry to hear you are having a hard time, but really enough excuses -- get back to work!!! :p ;) ;) :o :D

you know we love you!! :kiss:

gobblerfan02
07-23-2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sorry to hear you are having a hard time, but really enough excuses -- get back to work!!! :p ;) ;) :o :D

you know we love you!! :kiss:

Ignore that one RM, I think your taking on a task that only a dedicated person could finish. Keep up the good work and hard labor, I wanna see this turn out so we all can see that you truly are the kinda dlower we know and appreciate!

AP Panther Fan
07-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
When I go to the fabric store tomorrow or Sunday, I will remember to have my sharpie in hand this time!

good idea...just don't let the "store ladies" see you writing all over their fabrics.... ;) :D

sorry you are having a hard time (scratch that) sorry this is being such a challenge for you.....:)

jason
07-23-2005, 09:11 AM
this stuff isnt easy, i spent about 8 hours on the tshirt last year, and screwed up 2 before i finally got it right (and then it got spilled on)...
thats why i was all for just pitchin in some cash to have one made...

Ranger Mom
07-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I wanna see this turn out so we all can see that you truly are the kinda dlower we know and appreciate!

What if it doesn't turn out? Yall won't know me and appreciate me anymore?:eek: :p

Ranger Mom
07-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by jason
this stuff isnt easy, i spent about 8 hours on the tshirt last year, and screwed up 2 before i finally got it right (and then it got spilled on)...
thats why i was all for just pitchin in some cash to have one made...

I agree Jason...but knowing that you made that shirt last season, made it all the more special for the rest of us.

Bandera YaYa
07-23-2005, 09:48 AM
I agree too.....you have enough to do already...and that lady's price was dirt cheap...maybe you could add your special touches on the ready made one???

Ranger Mom
07-23-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I agree too.....you have enough to do already...and that lady's price was dirt cheap...maybe you could add your special touches on the ready made one???

The first game is August 26th...is that correct? If I don't come up with something workable this weekend, I will probably talk to that lady again. But remember...that price is for a 20X30 flag, and you were right, when you measure it out, that's not a whole lot of room left (after the design) to work with!

I haven't given up yet, but it's good to know that I have a back-up plan that I can use if I give her enough advance notice!

Bandera YaYa
07-23-2005, 10:16 AM
The first game is August 26th...is that correct? If I don't come up with something workable this weekend, I will probably talk to that lady again. But remember...that price is for a 20X30 flag, and you were right, when you measure it out, that's not a whole lot of room left (after the design) to work with!

I haven't given up yet, but it's good to know that I have a back-up plan that I can use if I give her enough advance notice! So like a bigger flag might cost like $50 - $75?? But that's nothing if we all chipped in......just saying we can do that...don't feel pressured by the cost.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2005, 10:21 AM
So like a bigger flag might cost like $50 - $75?? But that's nothing if we all chipped in......just saying we can do that...don't feel pressured by the cost.

We very well may have to go that route. I will make a decision one way or the other early next week...and we will go from there!

I have in my head what I want it to look like, but so far I haven't been able to go any further than that without running into a wall!

But if I am anything...I am persistant!!:D

Bandera YaYa
07-23-2005, 10:57 AM
We very well may have to go that route. I will make a decision one way or the other early next week...and we will go from there!

I have in my head what I want it to look like, but so far I haven't been able to go any further than that without running into a wall!

But if I am anything...I am persistant!!:D Funny, how you are so involved with your towns football and how busy you are .....I remember doing all that.....crazy times....it was fun.... while it lasted! Well good luck...and thanks for spending your time trying to figure it out.....I'm off to SA for some shopping, etc....have fun!!

:D

pirate4state
07-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Ignore that one RM ... :hand: She knows I'm just pulling her chain! :rolleyes:

pirate4state
07-23-2005, 01:12 PM
So like a bigger flag might cost like $50 - $75?? But that's nothing if we all chipped in......just saying we can do that...don't feel pressured by the cost. This might be the way to go. Bigger flag and some donations from our "family" here on the 'low should get the job done!! :thumbsup: