PDA

View Full Version : Best 3A Athletic Facilities?

BeastoftheEast
07-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Which schools have some of the nicest facilities? Field house, stadium, etc. I know Gladewater has got some nice stuff. I hear Sweetwaters stadium is nice, how is Sweetwaters field house?

Big C
07-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Barbers Hill has great facilities.

pirate4state
07-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Sinton has nice facilites compared to the rest of our district and even some of the Corpus Christi schools. :)

injuredinmelee
07-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Sweetwater really has a good field. Wylie has a good Field House. The field well its sort of small and out of date.
Clyde's stadium will hold durn near 200 people but your really really close to the action. They need to just take the fences down and let people park their trucks next to the field like a six man stadium.

NHSRattler60
07-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Navasota has really......

well their......

our lighting is......

hey, at least the grass is green most of the time.

The Best Feild in district 20 is a 3 way tie with Columbus, Hempstead and Sealy.

From spectator's view, it's Hempstead, but from a player's view it's Columbus. My Reasoning behind that, is Hempstead doesn't have visitor locker rooms. We had to set up 3 buses to make a room and we sat on the ground.

Only problem I have with columbus.....is the polka music. I dunno if anyone else has been to a game in Columbus...but hearing czeck polkas kinda deminishes the pre-set attitude you arrive in.

kaorder1999
07-21-2005, 11:33 AM
quinlan ford just got a new indoor practice facility and a new high school campus. stadium is still poor but im sure they will build a new one soon

gobbler84
07-21-2005, 11:54 AM
The place in Round Rock where we played Palestine was by far the best facility!

lostaussie
07-21-2005, 12:00 PM
gilmer in process of building a new field house and installing turf for their playing field. pittsburg is also installing the new turf. gladewater has one of the nicest 3a facilities i have ever seen. gilmer would like to be in there class as far as stadiums are concerned, but there is not any room to expand seating. that is really the only problem with our stadium, just won't hold all the folks.

nutcrackin
07-21-2005, 12:20 PM
It's not even close in East Texas. Gladewater has a state of the art school and athletic facilities(Jack Murphy Stadium). It has been around for 20 years now and still amazes me how nice and up to date it still looks. It rivals Longviews facilities with only seating capacity being the difference. Oh yeah and Longview's "basketball coliseum" is a bit better.

nutcrackin
07-21-2005, 12:29 PM
http://gladewaterisd.com/HSmain.htm

If you want to view Gladewater's football field go to the link above. Click on sports.. then on football. Keep in mind it is 20 years old with only the new turf as an upgrade. Remarkable.

AggieJohn
07-21-2005, 12:32 PM
http://gladewaterisd.com/hsfootball.jpg
there you go rook

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-21-2005, 12:57 PM
ever been to glen rose? it seems like they get new stuff every year. the revenue from the power plant there is almost unbelievable.

BeastoftheEast
07-21-2005, 05:32 PM
I agree Glen Rose is nice, and Groesbeck used to have some nice stuff.

jason
07-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
The place in Round Rock where we played Palestine was by far the best facility! that facility is owned by round rock isd, which has 2 5A high schools.....

although, round rock high might still use their old stadium, i doubt it though....

Johnny Utah
07-21-2005, 06:40 PM
For 3a, Glen Rose, Groesbeck, Wylie, and Hutto, Barbers Hill.

wildkat0507
07-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
For 3a, Glen Rose, Groesbeck, Wylie, and Hutto, Barbers Hill.

i agree barbers hill does have VERY good facilities.Most of it is fairly new. They also have a good center for their area called Eagle Pointe. I go there sometimes to work out, play basketball, or swim at the wave pool when i am down there. But one reason that they have such good things is because of the plants right next door to them. lol kinda like evadale. they have very nice stuff for a 1 or 2 aa school. Dont remember which one they are.

BHBrave08
07-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by wildkat0507
i agree barbers hill does have VERY good facilities.Most of it is fairly new. They also have a good center for their area called Eagle Pointe. I go there sometimes to work out, play basketball, or swim at the wave pool when i am down there. But one reason that they have such good things is because of the plants right next door to them. lol kinda like evadale. they have very nice stuff for a 1 or 2 aa school. Dont remember which one they are.

Thanks for complimenting our facilities.

wildkat0507
07-21-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
Thanks for complimenting our facilities.

your welcome.... sometimes i wish that i could move there with my dad and just stay for a week or two and see how yall get pumped up for the games and to see how much school spirit yall have. And i would like to go to one of your games. I have been in the stadium but never watched a game. Weird huh. The best part about barbers hill to me is that the community paints their stores in white and blue. How AWESOME is that!!!! wish that kville could paint all of our stuff red and black. An also there is alot of cute guys there too. lol lol

RdaleBoi08
07-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Lorena has some nice facilities.....baseball field is real nice!

AP Panther Fan
07-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by jason
although, round rock high might still use their old stadium, i doubt it though....

they do, Dragon Stadium, the new one (aka Parmer Palace) cost $70M+ :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gobbla2001
07-21-2005, 10:09 PM
I happen to enjoy Polka music while drunk, thank you...

Columbus is decent... Bastrop doesn't have a huge stadium, but their locker rooms are decent... Victoria Memorial is good...

As far as 3A goes, just try not to be Sealy's rival, and I'm sure you'll get a nice dressing room

Corpus Christi Calallen's JR HIGH dressing rooms are nicer than most dressing rooms I have seen...

BHBrave08
07-21-2005, 10:12 PM
your welcome.... sometimes i wish that i could move there with my dad and just stay for a week or two and see how yall get pumped up for the games and to see how much school spirit yall have. And i would like to go to one of your games. I have been in the stadium but never watched a game. Weird huh. The best part about barbers hill to me is that the community paints their stores in white and blue. How AWESOME is that!!!! wish that kville could paint all of our stuff red and black. An also there is alot of cute guys there too. lol lol

You didn't see the playoff game last year in Huntsville? Our two teams played each other and yall won.

BHKrystal06
07-22-2005, 06:49 AM
An also there is alot of cute guys there too. lol lol
You keep thinking that...lol

scotty
07-22-2005, 06:59 AM
Sealy will continue to play in their old stadium for some time so Friday night football won't see a big change. However, their new school is something special for 3A. Gym, weight room, coaches offices for both boys and girls are awesome. When you walk into the gym and auditorium it should impress even the most critical. The concession stand at the gym is equipped with a TV moniter and if you want to you can get a bite to eat and watch the game on TV. I can see a lot of volleyball and basketball playoffs being held there because it will be easy to get there as it is right off I-10. Now if we can just pay for it.

pirate4state
07-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Corpus Christi Calallen's JR HIGH dressing rooms are nicer than most dressing rooms I have seen... :eek: Really? :thinking:

jmcgee
08-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by BeastoftheEast
I hear Sweetwaters stadium is nice, how is Sweetwaters field house?

Mustang bowl is one of the best in the state, and one of the oldest. the field house is alright.

3afan
08-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by jason
that facility is owned by round rock isd, which has 2 5A high schools.....

RR has 4 5A schools (RR, RR Westwood, RR McNeil & RR Stoney Point) and i believe they use both stadiums

hutex04
08-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Hutto expanded the home side of the field. It looks really nice, looks like a 4a schools stadium

SnyTigBaseB07
08-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
Lorena has some nice facilities.....baseball field is real nice!

If we're gonna talk about who has a great baseball field you cant forget about Moffett field in snyder, thats the nicest field we play on all season, if you dont include later on when we're in Austin etc. etc.

KTJ
08-21-2005, 01:30 PM
If the growth keeps coming like it does, Hutto will be 4A in really soon.

And rumor has it that Round Rock wants to build another high school and Georgetown ISD is thinking of building their second high school.

KTJ
08-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Oh, and Wimberley has one of the best gyms I've ever seen.

But if you want awesome gyms, look the tiny 1A and 2A schools in West Texas--specifically Whiteface, Sundown, and even 4A Wolfforth Frenship. The west Texas oil money helped build those gyms.

PHS Wildcats
08-21-2005, 01:38 PM
I know that it's not the best in the state, Wildcat stadium in Palestine is a beautiful stadium. I reminds you a little of SFA stadium in Nacogdoches, it built in a hole as if the high school is built onto of it. And the teams walk down to the stadium from up top, it's beautifull site gfor the teams. The locker room have just installed stadium clocks. It was built in 1983 and according to texas high school football it was one of the best stadiums in the state at that time.

PHS Wildcats
08-21-2005, 01:40 PM
sorry about that, it's texas high school football stadium database that had that qoute

espn1
08-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
The place in Round Rock where we played Palestine was by far the best facility!
That's a 5A field.

ILS1
08-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
RR has 4 5A schools (RR, RR Westwood, RR McNeil & RR Stoney Point) and i believe they use both stadiums

Yeah,RR might have to build a new school as well as Pflugerville might have to build one. In the past 2 or 3 years Hutto has built a new Middle School and Primary school. They will have to build another Elementary school soon. They just added onto the home side bleachers @ the football field and they are expanding the parking lot too. They are quickly outgrowing their 6 year old HS.

:D :D

ILS1
08-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
they do, Dragon Stadium, the new one (aka Parmer Palace) cost $70M+ :eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL!!! It wasn't quite that much!!! But it did cost $22 million to build.

Here are the construction pics and an architect's rendition of what it suppose to look like.

RRISD Stadium Pics (http://209.184.141.5/athletics/view_of_new_stadium08.htm)

wildkat0507
08-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by BHKrystal06
You keep thinking that...lol

well ive seen alot from there and they are..lol

wildkat0507
08-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
You didn't see the playoff game last year in Huntsville? Our two teams played each other and yall won.

no i mean like in your stadium watching yall. not at another stadium. Yeah i def member that game. Chris got sacked like a million times. I kinda felt bad afterwards. That day was also Dale sextons bday cuz i went over there and talked to him.

Manck
08-21-2005, 08:51 PM
There's a little bit of homer-ism in this, but Gilmer will very quickly have some of the best overall facilities in the state for all extracurricualr activities. New music and Career/Technology buildings this year along with the turf and track, and one of the biggest scoreboards without a video screen that I have ever seen.

Seating and press box and field house are being re-done for next season. Gym built in late 80's still one of the best. Brand new baseball and softball facilities.

Gladewater may still have them beat after all that, but the facilities overall at Gilmer are about 10-20 times better than when I graduated 4+ years ago.

chubbed_up
08-21-2005, 09:00 PM
the stadium in roundrock where we played palestine is awesome. extremely impressive

KTJ
08-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Yeah,RR might have to build a new school as well as Pflugerville might have to build one. In the past 2 or 3 years Hutto has built a new Middle School and Primary school. They will have to build another Elementary school soon. They just added onto the home side bleachers @ the football field and they are expanding the parking lot too. They are quickly outgrowing their 6 year old HS.

:D :D

Pflugerville just opened Pflug. Hendrickson so they are fine for right now. It's mainly Round Rock, Leander/Cedar Park, Hays, and Georgetown ISD's that are feeling the growth. Although Hays just opened up Hays Lehman two years ago.

Elgin is now 4A and Manor could maybe go 4A soon. Westlake refuses to build a second high school and I don't blame them.

The Hill
08-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Barbers Hill facilties are really nice.. might not be the best but they are really nice

Fish's mom
08-22-2005, 12:19 PM
That South Sans Stadium in San Antonio that we played in for playoffs last years was a beautiful stadium, built in like the side of a cliff so when you walk up to it you can't see it until you actually in the stands. Loved it, freezing though.

One in Brownsville nice too but parking was awful(parked 3 blocks down the road) and it's huge but in middle of a very scary section of Brownsville. I found the people in the area friendly but not the people at the stadium.:eek

Bearkat
08-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Silsbee has nice facilities. The school, fieldhouse, and other facilities are all new. (2000 I think) The additions to the football field make it look like a small college field. Seats around the corner of the endzone. Very nice place to play. Should draw interest in some playoff games.