PDA

View Full Version : Star-Trek's James Doohan passes away at age 85. :(

Phil C
07-20-2005, 11:50 AM
He was the Scottish engineer on the original series filmed in the 60s. RIP James.

Bandera YaYa
07-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Thats sad...i thought he was great in the show..... :(

Phil C
07-20-2005, 11:53 AM
This series proved the failure of the ratings system television used in the 60s. The series was popular but the ratings were not high and they (ABC I think) were going to cancel it after two seasons but millions of fans protested and sent petitions and they kept it on another year. After the third season ABC gave in to the ratings and cancelled the series. A big mistake with all the spin off and syndication success that it had. Goes to show that ratings are not always accurate which most of us knew already. At that time less than 1500 families decided what the millions of the rest of us had to watch. This leaves a margin of high percentage errors.

AggieJohn
07-20-2005, 11:54 AM
wonder if they'll say "beam me up God" in his eulogy

Phantom Stang
07-20-2005, 11:57 AM
RIP Scottie

Old Tiger
07-20-2005, 01:17 PM
RIP

JHS_c/o_06'
07-20-2005, 03:32 PM
You dont really picture football players being Trekkies......but shoot man....i was raised on Star Trek. My mom called me this morning and told me.....i dropped my cell phone and nearly brokoe it. This is a sad day for me, trekkies and the rest of the world. He was just one of those people you never thought would die. But i guess its going to fet all of them sooner or later. We already lost Bones....now Scotty......and the rest of them are getting up there in years. RIP Mr. Scott...