PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong

pirate44
07-20-2005, 07:51 AM
this guy can win these races at will. it's a shame he is retiring from the tour de france after this race. :(

Phil C
07-20-2005, 09:51 AM
It is a shame and a lot of us would like for him to go for no. 8 if he wins this one like it looks like he will do. However a lot of riders in the past tried to go just one more time and they didn't do good at all and Lance doesn't want to make that same mistake. He is doing good but I can see from watching him why he feels like retiring. Some rumors are that maybe next year he will ride as a teammate instead of a captain for someone. Vinokourov has been mentioned since he is going to try for the win next year and is leaving T-Mobile.

pirate44
07-20-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
It is a shame and a lot of us would like for him to go for no. 8 if he wins this one like it looks like he will do. However a lot of riders in the past tried to go just one more time and they didn't do good at all and Lance doesn't want to make that same mistake. He is doing good but I can see from watching him why he feels like retiring. Some rumors are that maybe next year he will ride as a teammate instead of a captain for someone. Vinokourov has been mentioned since he is going to try for the win next year and is leaving T-Mobile.
i think he's calling ti quits because there is no longer a challenge. he has got to be the most dominating in a sport as we've seen in recent history.