PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we should all be Tour de France and

PhiI C
07-19-2005, 10:00 PM
cycling fans. Maybe we ought to all get bicycles and travel by that method. With the price of gasoline and cars and maintenance costs we may all have too. Even motorcycles are very highly priced and you still need to use gasoline for them too. You can sometimes get a fairly good second hand bike right now and I may be on the lookout for one. Good exercise too.

Old Tiger
07-19-2005, 10:01 PM
A friend of mine has a bike made out of titanium....it's friggin light!

sicem74
07-19-2005, 10:02 PM
name?

PhiI C
07-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Does anyone know where you can have serious chat about the tour. I am a big fan of the tour and will be so even when Lance retires but I go to forums and they get nasty and talk on drugs and racist and all kinds of junk and you can't have an intellegent conversation about the tour. Thank goodness for our moderators because they are so bad they would be ROMed quickly if they posted like that here. Still too bad about not being able to chat about a sport that we all so dearly love and follow. :(

Old Tiger
07-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Search around the net for TDF forums. I'm sure there are some out there

spiveyrat
07-20-2005, 07:28 AM
It would be awfully hard to pull the boat out to the lake behind a bicycle! :eek:

Ranger Mom
07-20-2005, 07:45 AM
The last time I rode a bike for any length of time, my rear-end hurt so bad I could hardly walk.

What ever happened to the nice plushy seats??

pirate44
07-20-2005, 07:54 AM
me, spf25 and jr go on bike rides whenever we can. i cant wait for autumn when the weather is cooler. its really fun.

LH Panther Mom
07-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The last time I rode a bike for any length of time, my rear-end hurt so bad I could hardly walk.

What ever happened to the nice plushy seats??

My seat is very cushiony, but I don't know that I'd call it plush. Of course, built-in cushion isn't all it's cracked up to be. ;)