PDA

View Full Version : Longview Spring Hill

FatCat
06-22-2001, 01:11 AM
It is understandable that only Matthew328 is knowledgeable of Longview Spring Hill. Not a whole lot of history for statewide football freaks to take note of. Last year's 10-3 campaign may not be matched, but should come close. If one of the QB candidates can do just an adequate job, this year's Panther squad should be as good or better than last season's.

OFFENSIVELY; Line should be bigger and a half-notch better. Last year's RB did an excellent job gaining over 1300 yards, but this year's RB should be exciting for us all to watch. Recievers should again be good. Will be good in the kicking game.

DEFENSIVELY; Impossible to replace last year's monster DE and big DT, but will be improved at every other position. Only unanswered question is one OLB. 5 returning starters will be better. 2 junior CB's will be much better. New DE and 2 DT's will be more than adequate. Overall, 2001 Panther Defense could be even better than the 2000 version.

QB is the BIG question! May not get 2100 yards plus passing again, but with the Offensive Line, the Soph RB and the good D, Spring Hill ought to have an excellent season.

Prediction:

Winner of Spring Hill vs. Gladewater (another overlooked East Texas team) Area Championship wins again the next week then faces Commerce in the 3A-Region 2 Finals.

Commerce again too fast and too much. Regains 3A-Division 2 Title.

Forney wins D-1 Title.

Matthew328
06-23-2001, 10:06 PM
Well I like Spring Hill and your predictions may be right..however...Forney is not a lock to win Division 1...they are likely to go D2 again and even if they go Division 1...look out for my Bulldogs from Everman....

Jacket2000
06-24-2001, 10:23 PM
I dont see QF making a return trip,so Im thinking Forney's going D1. If that's the case, it will be a MUCH tougher road and I dont think they'll be up to the task.
1st round-Kaufman(another Blanton track meet)
2nd round-Everman(will probably be the end of the road for the Bunnies)
3rd round-Dangerfield(need I say more?)
And if they somehow get by Everman and Dangerfield, Abilene Wylie will be waiting and I dont see ANYONE in 3a beating them this year. But this is just my opinion.
J2K

FatCat
06-25-2001, 08:38 AM
Tatum should be down a notch and might have a tough time advancing from District 16-3A. If Gilmer does finish in top 3 as I expect, they would go D-1 and Daingerfield would go D-2. Daingerfield themselves will also be down a notch, will have their outstanding running back who will do quite a bit by himself.

Matthew328
06-25-2001, 12:22 PM
No doubt if Forney goes Division 1 that their road will be tougher..everyone is focusing solely on Forney in Region 2 but remember Everman drilled everyone they played last year in Region 2 including a 12-0 Daingerfield team that Everman whipped 34-8...the Bulldogs have a lot back like Forney...I would love to see Everman and Forney play and it could happen..as far as Wylie is concerned...they are tough but Im don't think they'll be as good as last year..I look for the Region 2 champ to take em out...

etfootball
07-08-2001, 09:53 AM
Do you have any idea who the QB will be?

HairBall
07-09-2001, 11:11 AM
Rumor has it that 6'4" all-stater move-in from Mississippi has upper hand for QB job.

Old Tiger
02-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Was that rumor true? lol

Buckeye80
02-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Old Tiger:
Was that rumor true? lolMan! You keep hittin' the button on the "way back" machine. Spend a little time on the internet do ya'? wink