PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Little League - 4 Phil

pirate4state
07-19-2005, 01:07 AM
Hey Phil. Went to check out the 13-14 year old girls softball team play Hallettesville (sp?) this evening. It was a really good game! :thumbsup: The Sinton girls were a little nervous (I guess) they made 3 errors early in the game that cost them 2 runs. :( They were down 2-0 going into the bottom of the 5th. In that inning the top of the order was up and they made things happen. Lead off bunt, safe at 1st; misplayed ground ball to SS and you've got runners on 1st & 2nd; passed ball and you've got runners on 2nd & 3rd; walk and the bases are loaded for Kayla Dunlap, who hit a 3 run homerun (out of the park) the night before, and she cleared the bases with a double and a throwing error advanced her to 3rd, NO OUTS!! The rally continues and 2 more runs score. :clap: Sinton up 5-2 going into the top of the 6th. New pitcher for Sinton and she is a little shaky walking the first two batters she faces, she gets a strike out and a ground out before loading the bases with another walk (on a questionable pitch ;) :D), but she gets the runner to ground out to 2nd so they are out of trouble.

OH I forgot, they had a great defensive stand in the top of the 4th (I think) where Hallettsville had the bases loaded and they tried to bunt in some runs and Sinton had the girl on 3rd in a run down and threw her out and they threw out one other girl out at home and saved 2 runs from being scored!!

The 7th inning was 3 up/3 down -- I think...sorry, it is late.

The boys in Sugarland that were playing Richmond won 9-4 in the top of the 11th!! :thumbsup:

The 11-12 yr. old girls won up in New Braunfels 15-3. Jennifer Dunlap (Kayla's cousin) hit a grand slam (over the fence) HR and a 3 run HR!! :eek: :eek: WTG Jennifer!

I hope I gave you all the scores you needed. I know that the 13-14 yr. old girls will play for the championship on Wednesday night (weather permitting) at 7pm back in Goliad!

:cheerl: CONGRATS TO ALL SINTON LITTLE LEAGUE ALL STAR TEAMS!!! :cheerl:

District303aPastPlayer
07-19-2005, 07:54 AM
it is for this reason that we are consistently good at the high school level :)

Phil C
07-19-2005, 08:38 AM
Thank you for the updates! I wish I had gone now but I was sure that it was going to be rained out in Goliad. Good job by the boys and girls.

pirateman98
07-19-2005, 01:41 PM
I talked to my sister who was at that same game last night. She told me that my niece Kacee and Sarah were the pitchers for that game. I don't know who started but I was told it was a very good game as well.:D

pirate4state
07-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by pirateman98
I talked to my sister who was at that same game last night. She told me that my niece Kacee and Sarah were the pitchers for that game. I don't know who started but I was told it was a very good as well.:D Kacee started and Sara closed it out! :clap:

Phil C
07-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Hey pirate any idea who they will play Wednesday night? Also please let us know if the game will be postponed Wednesday because of the rain. I have a feeling it is going to get rained out.

PhiI C
07-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Any news tonight about the boys or the girls that are in New Braunfels?

pirate4state
07-19-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey pirate any idea who they will play Wednesday night? Also please let us know if the game will be postponed Wednesday because of the rain. I have a feeling it is going to get rained out. Still don't know who they'll play, but they have pushed the game back to Thursday at 7pm. (weather permitting)

pirate4state
07-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Any news tonight about the boys or the girls that are in New Braunfels? I haven't heard anything.

pirateman98
07-20-2005, 02:45 PM
News from my sister has it that yesterday's game between Halletsville and El Campo was rained out. So they play today if it doesn't get rained out again. Then on thursday the winner will play Sinton. I think again the start time for that game is 7pm.

Phil C
07-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by pirateman98
News from my sister has it that yesterday's game between Halletsville and El Campo was rained out. So they play today if it doesn't get rained out again. Then on thursday the winner will play Sinton. I think again the start time for that game is 7pm.

The weather for Goliad is a 30% chance of rain today and tomorrow. Hopefully it will miss them and they can play tonight and we can play the winner tomorrow.

Phil C
07-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey pirate I head that the championship game with the 13 -14 year olds will in Goliad on Saturday at 6 P.M.

pirate4state
07-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Hey pirate I head that the championship game with the 13 -14 year olds will in Goliad on Saturday at 6 P.M. I just got a call from one of the moms and she did confirm that the game would be on Saturday but at 7pm. Don't know why they have to play so late.

pirate4state
07-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I just got a call from one of the moms and she did confirm that the game would be on Saturday but at 7pm. Don't know why they have to play so late. :doh: Game time is at 6pm. You are correct Phil.

Phil C
07-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Hey Pirate have you heard anything about who the girls will be playing tomorrow night in Goliad. Looks like the weather will be ok.

pirate4state
07-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Hey Pirate have you heard anything about who the girls will be playing tomorrow night in Goliad. Looks like the weather will be ok. Won't know until tonight.

Phil C
07-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Won't know until tonight.

I hope they get to play tonight. It is raining in Sinton now.

Phil C
07-22-2005, 04:11 PM
I hope they can play tomorrow. I sure would hate for it to be decided by a coin flip to see who advances.

pirate4state
07-22-2005, 04:16 PM
I hope they can play tomorrow. I sure would hate for it to be decided by a coin flip to see who advances. :eek: Can they do that? How unfair is that?? :mad:

pirate4state
07-22-2005, 04:17 PM
I hope they get to play tonight. It is raining in Sinton now. I was thinking the same thing, but you know it may not be raining in Goliad! Keep your fingers crossed!! Uh-oh -- thunder & lighting.

Phil C
07-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Right you are. They need to get those games to a dry area. Call me or post hear if you get any information on it. They should have been looking for a dry area. The forecast for Goliad is the same thing but let's hope the weather is good there.

pirate4state
07-23-2005, 01:04 AM
Right you are. They need to get those games to a dry area. Call me or post hear if you get any information on it. They should have been looking for a dry area. The forecast for Goliad is the same thing but let's hope the weather is good there. I didn't hear anything from anybody. As soon as I hear (or whenever you hear) I'll post it or just give you a ring. :)

PhiI C
07-23-2005, 01:06 AM
I didn't hear anything from anybody. As soon as I hear (or whenever you hear) I'll post it or just give you a ring. :)

Ok and thank you. I just looked at the Victoria Advocate web site hoping they might have something but it doesn't look like they do. Oh well.

pirate4state
07-23-2005, 01:02 PM
As of right now the game is still on for a 6pm start time vs. Hallettsville.

pirateman98
07-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Just to let everyone know that, as of 1:55pm the game is still on. I called home and everyone is getting ready now to go to the game. I hope the girls can pull it out.;)

PhiI C
07-23-2005, 03:47 PM
Thank you pirate4state and pirateman98 for the information. I am leaving soon for the game. Go Sinton Girls!

Sinton94
07-25-2005, 01:36 PM
What was the outcome?

pirate4state
07-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
What was the outcome? Oh sorry!! The Sinton girls lost. They played Hallettsville on Saturday and lost that game 13-6, but still had another shot at winning the championship on Sunday. They could never get anything going. Gave Hallettsville too many opportunties and they (H) finally took advantage. Final score 7-3.

I think all but one of these girls will be in high school this year and they need to start preparing for whatever sport they may play. They are in for a rude awakening at this next level...hope they can make the transition.

Phil C
07-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Thank you for the information.

Phil C
07-25-2005, 02:48 PM
You are right. High School is different and lots of girls have to decide which sport they really want to participate because very few can do multiple sports and keep their grades up. Halletsville always has a good team at that age level group but like us high school is different. But I think enough of those girls will stay with softball and give us a good team. They just need to keep working and keep the grades up. I didn't see the game Sunday but Saturday we should have scored a lot more runs. We had our chances but couldn't keep the runs coming in as needed.